Author's Chapter Notes:
Remember leave a review please
Disclaimer: We own nothing. It all belongs to Joss. Except for Jonathan he is ours.



“What did you just say?” William asked flabbergasted, not quite sure if he heard right. Buffy took in a deep breath Well, here goes nothing then calmly said,

“I said, go out with me.”

“Why are you asking me this?”

“Because…” come on think you can’t tell him the truth.

“Because you want to embarrass me in some new and unusual way,” William spat.

“No! No, I swear, I know how it feels to be picked on. Why would I do that to someone else?” Buffy tried to convince him.

“Yeah that’s what they all say,” Why would anyone want to go out with me? Something isn’t right here.

“I am serious here. Will you go out with me?” God he is getting on my nerves how am I going to survive through this?

“No.” I am not going to let anyone in. Especially her, just because I like her doesn’t mean I can trust her.

“No? Fine okay, I can see you don’t trust me, but could you at least give me a chance?” Come on I really don’t want to be on your case the whole time just trying to get a date.

“Why should I? You, you, have friends…a life, and I think this is the only real conversation we’ve had besides the one when you asked me to tutor you. Which by the way didn’t go so well, you didn’t even pay attention. We are two completely different people.”

“Yeah we are different, I won’t argue with you there, but sometimes two completely different people go so well together.”

“That’s true but sometime they don’t go so well together.” He shot back.

“That’s true also but will you please give me a chance?” She questioned while looking him in the eyes.

How can I say no to her. “Fine.” He spoke quietly.

“What did you say?” She asked making sure she heard what she thought she heard.

“I said fine. Um…when do you…you know…wanna go out?” He shyly spoke.

“Um well, me and my friends are going out tonight you can come with us and you can be my d-date.”

“Okay fine,” He stated quickly just wanting to leave, “Where and when are you going?”

“Um, well we were planning to go to the Bronze around 9. Well I guess you could either meet us there or we can walk there t-together, whatever you want to do if fine.”

“Well this is probably going to sound funny but I have no clue where it is so I guess I am to walk with you.”

“Okay well then I guess you can come over here around 8:45 then we can go.”

“Okay then, I will see you later.” With that William left and he kept walking till he got home, when he shut his door he came back to reality. Did I just agree to go on a date with Buffy Summers?

Did he just agree? Well that’s a good thing, one step closer to winning, next step won’t be as easy though. Well I… Buffy got interrupted from her thoughts when her sister, Dawn, came in her room,

“Hey Buffy, what was Will doing here?”

“How do you know Will?”

“I don’t know him per say but I’ve seen him in his backyard reading a couple of times. Mom told me his name, she met them when they first moved in and yeah. Anyways what was he doing here?” Dawn questioned again.

“He was trying to help me in history, but that didn’t go so well.”

“And…”

“And what?” Buffy said starting to get a little annoyed with her sister.

“I know you have a date with him. I kinda overheard you talking you know from the ha- my room. I overheard you talking from my room, yeah.”

“Right…your room, but yes I do. So now you can leave.” She said while pushing her sister out and closing her door. Then turning around to check the time she saw her clock telling her it was three thirty.

“Five hours…five hours…” Buffy spoke while swinging her arms.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

“Aw William, how did the tutoring go?”

“It went okay,” William replied to his middle-aged godfather, who took him in when his parents died five years ago. That is why they moved to Sunnydale four years ago, “Uh, Giles?”

“Hm?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure go right ahead.”

“Well what would one wear to…um…well…a date?” William questioned with uncertainty.

“Um…well, uh…why do you ask?” Giles asked, not sure what to say.

“Well Buffy invited me…to well…go to the Bronze tonight with her and her friends,” William told, embarrassed.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Okay, okay, I’ve had my shower, I’ve got my outfit, now make up and hair. I so hope this night goes well, or at least alright. I didn’t even ask the guys if it was okay if I invited him tonight. Oh what if Xander starts wigging out? What if they don’t get along? What if someone accidentally spills the beans on the whole deal? What if OW!

“OW!” Buffy yelped as she burned her hand on her curling iron because she was too distracted with her thoughts.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

It will be okay. Everything will be just fine. I am dressed in... William looked down at his clothes …not so comfortable clothes but decent clothes worn by kids now-a-days. Dear lord, I am starting to sound like Giles! Ah! I did it again. Now just go up and knock on the door. It isn’t that hard you did this already today. With that he raised his hand and knocked. Just a few seconds then the door was opened by Buffy. William was just staring at her feet where he saw white flip-flops. Moving his eyes up he saw that she was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans. Going up even further he saw she was wearing a black tank top, with her make up done lightly and her hair in light curls. How will I live through the night? William thought as he stared at Buffy. He’s staring at me! It’s creeping me out. Say something!

“So, what do you say we get going?” Breaking William out of his staring.

“Uh yeah, yeah good idea…. So which way we going?”

“That way,” Buffy said pointing to the way they would soon be going, “Just give me a sec.” She went back into the house leaving the door open and William standing outside. Then just a few seconds later she appeared at the door again,

“Okay, I’m ready to go. I just had to say bye to my mom first.” They started making their way to the Bronze which was made in uncomfortable silence. After a couple minutes Buffy couldn’t stand the silence anymore,

“You clean up nicely,” she said indicating to his clothing.

“I guess, but I don’t really feel comfortable.”

He didn’t have to do that. “You shouldn’t have worn them if you don’t feel comfortable in them.”

“I figured I would look a little out of place wearing a suit.”

“I meant what I said though, you clean up nicely. Now all you need is to do something with the hair.” Did I just say that out loud??

“Oi! What’s wrong with the hair?” he questioned while moving his hair out of his eyes.

“Oh, uh, I’m sorry. I wasn’t trying to be mean, and I didn’t mean to be rude. I just…I dunno, I guess I was just thinking aloud…” Buffy said looking at him this time. When did he get those eyes? “Did you know that you have really pretty eyes?” Damn it! I did it again. Why is it so easy to tell him what I am thinking?

Did she just say what I think she said? “Uh… thanks.” Great, I sound like a poofter. Well it’s because you are. What else was I suppose to say? I could give her a compliment. That sounds like a good idea. Yeah I could do that. “I like your outfit.” See that wasn’t so hard, now was it.

“Thanks…Hey there’s the Bronze,” she said pointing to the building.

“Whoa,” William spoke stopping.

“What’s wrong?” Buffy questioned stopping beside him.

“Well, there’s just a lot more people here than I thought there would be, but then it is Saturday, so I don’t know what I was thinking.”

“It’ll be fine, come on,” she told him linking her arm with his, and pulling him towards the building. William just gulped but didn’t say anything about it. Here goes nothing.