Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took a littler longer than I wanted to get it posted. Please rewiew:)
Buffy pulled him all the way to the table where the gang was all sitting. When she arrived with William in tow they all gave her some questioning looks.

“Hey guys, this is William,” She said introducing him to everybody.

“William this is Willow, Oz, Tara, and Jonathan,” She spoke pointing to the person whose name she called, “Where’s Xander?”

“Oh he said he had to do something for his mom before he came. He should be here pretty soon,” Jonathan answered.

“Okay then, anyways I’m thirsty, I think I’m gonna go get a drink,” Buffy said to the gang.

“Do I have to pay for that?” Will asked embarrassed by his question.

“Yes,” She replied.

“Okay then um…” He started but was cut off by Buffy.

“I was kidding. You don’t have to pay for my drink,” She said looking over at her friends, “I’ll be right back,” she said heading over to bar and as she passed her friends she whispered to them so William wouldn’t hear, “Be nice.” As Buffy walked away the Scoobies turned back to William as he sat down cautiously. They all sat there in silence not sure what to say to each other.

“As you can see, we’ve had our eye on you for some time now, Mr. Anderson,” Jonathan said breaking the silence. William just looked at him with a worried look.

“Don’t mind Jonathan, he watches too many movies, and the Matrix is one of his favorites,” Willow reassured him.

“Oh okay,” William said relaxing. After that Buffy appeared back at the table with her drink, sitting down at the table next to Will. Just as Buffy sat down Xander showed up. Oh great, I knew I would have had to deal with this sooner or later, although, I was hoping for later.

“Hey Xand,” Buffy greeted cheerfully.

“Hey Buff, gu-” Xander stopped as he saw William, “What is he doing here?”

“Well, Xander…William just so happens to be my date for the evening.”

“Yeah whatever. I’ll see you guys later,” Xander said as he stormed off towards the exit.

“I’ll go talk to him,” Willow spoke running after him. When Willow went after Xander she left the others trying to think of something to say to one another. Then William spoke up,

“Maybe I should just leave.”

“No. You don’t have to leave,” Buffy told him.

“But Xander…”

“Forget about Xander, he shouldn’t be so…so…I can’t think of a word, but he shouldn’t be like the way he is.”

“Are you sure I mean I don’t mind leaving.”

“No, stay. It’ll be okay and…oh my god I love this song!” Buffy exclaimed. Then everyone turned to listen to the song Buffy was talking about. They all heard I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith start playing.

“Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability. That is the sound of your death,” Jonathan quoted. With a confused expression Will asked,

“What?” But then Buffy grabbed him by the arm and he forgot all about Jonathan.

“Dance with me Will, please?” Buffy pleaded.

“I told you, you were about to die,” Jonathan butted in.

“But I-I, I don’t r-really know h-how to d-dance,” William said trying to save himself from the embarrassing fate that awaited him.

“So I can teach you. Please Will, please?” Buffy begged sticking out her bottom lip. Now how does she expect me to resist? But how do you expect to go out there? I don’t know. I’ll just have to learn to dance now won’t I, better with Buffy than Giles right? As soon as that thought came to his mind he quickly jumped up out of his seat,

“Okay, let’s dance.”

“Yay!” As the two got to the dance floor William just stood there looking around at other people wide-eyed. Now what am I supposed to do? I’ve never done this before. As if she had heard what he was thinking, Buffy grabbed his wrists and moved his hand to rest on her hips.

“You put your hands here, and I,” Buffy lifted her arms up and wrapped them around his neck, “put mine here. Then all you have to do is move your body to the beat of the music.”

“Easy for you to say,” William said as he made a bad attempt at dancing. Buffy just kept quiet as she watched in amusement as William tried to concentrate on what he was doing, but after a few minutes she figured she should intervene.

“Look it’s actually not that hard. All you have to do is sway back and forth and move your hips a little, like this,” Buffy then took her hands from his neck and used them to move his body for him, “Now just keep doing that and you’ll be fine,” she told him as she replaced her arms around his neck. Back at the table Willow and Xander made their way back to the rest of the gang, after she had finally convinced him to stay and be nice to William. When they sat down they heard snickering coming from a few tables over, and when they all looked to see what the deal was they saw Cordelia, Harmony and Drusilla pointing and laughing at Buffy and William as she taught him how to slow dance, while Angel, Riley and Parker were playing a game of pool.

“Poor William,” Tara said aloud. When she saw everyone was looking at her with questioning looks she explained, “Well he has been picked on since his freshman year and…”

“So we’ve been picked on by them way longer,” Xander interrupted.

“Well, yeah but just think about it, we’ve had each other during those times, well I’ve only been here for 2 years now but I still had you guys. And look at William he’s been picked on since his freshman year and has had no one.” Everyone just went quiet. But then Willow spoke,

“Well not anymore right? He’ll be hanging with us now. So he won’t be alone any more, right?”

“Of course sweetie,” Oz said before giving her a quick kiss to calm her down. Just then Buffy and William sat down in their seats.

“So how’d the dancing go?” Jonathan questioned.

“No comment,” Buffy said with a laugh.

“Oi, I wasn’t that bad, and it was a very hard,” William said embarrassed.

“Just wait ‘til we try dancing to faster more upbeat music,” Buffy laughed. William just laid his head down on the table,

“Oh great! There’s more.” After everyone stopped laughing they all made their way back to the dance floor and spent the rest of the night teaching William to dance.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

“Bye, I’ll talk to you all later,” Buffy said grabbing William’s arm and pulling him out of the club. They walked in silence the whole way home. When they came to a stop
in-between both their houses Buffy turned to face William.

“So did you have fun?”

“Yeah I actually did. I never thought that I would ever have fun going to places like that.”

“I am sorry about Xander, really he usually isn’t like that. He isn’t that bad once you get to know him.”

“Don’t worry about it. There are a lot of people out there worse than him.”

“Good point. Well I’ll see ya later?” Jeez this is awkward.

“Yeah,” Am I supposed to kiss her? I’ve never done this before. I don’t want to look like an idiot. Buffy turned to make her way to her house but then stopped and turned back to him. She then gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked inside. Leaving a stunned William standing there. Am I dreaming?