Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took me awhile, I'm trying to get a couple of chapters done before I post another one that way you won't have to wait so long for another one. 7 is already written and I'm half way through 8. I'll try and post 7 soon.
Disclaimer: We own nothing. It all belongs to Joss. Except for Jonathan he is ours.


As the bell rang the whole gang made their way down the halls of Sunnydale High. The girls were in a line, in front of the guys, they were all giggling and talking about what they were going to wear tonight to the Bronze. While the guys were walking behind them laughing at something they found amusing about their English teacher. As they reached the outside Buffy informed everyone that she was going to go ahead and head straight home. Everyone just said their goodbyes and see you laters, and didn’t mention anything as she dragged William along with her.

“Buffy, what am I going to where tonight? Seriously I have no bloody idea,” Will rambled throwing his arms in the air, “Oh my god. I am started to sound like a girl! You’ve turned me into a poofter!”

“Slow down there, buddy. I will help you pick out your clothes and I don’t know what a poofter is but I am quite sure you were already one before me.”

“Ha-bloody-ha. Very funny, and thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you. I don’t know how what I would do without you.”

“I don’t know what you would do without me either. So how did Giles take the new you?”

“Well…he…doesn’t exactly know yet.”

“He doesn’t? You’re kidding me right?”

“No, I’m not…he was at a meeting when I got home and he came home late last night, and he is usually gone in the morning before I go to school. He should be inside right now though.”

“Okay, I say we go and get your outfit picked out first.”

“Do I get to pick out your outfit?” William questioned with a smirk. Did I just say that?

“New attitude with the new look. Definitely a good thing.” Did he really ask that? What should I say? Should I let him?

“Don’t avoid the question Summers,” Will stated with his smirk still on his face. Buffy turned to him with a smirk of her own and replied,

“Only if you’re a good boy.”

“You know I always am.” Where is this all coming from? I swear someone else has taken over my bleeding brain. Will just walked up to his doorstep and walked right in leaving the door open behind him. Buffy figured that was his way of telling her to come on in, so she walked in after him shutting the door behind her. When she turned around she saw a shocked Giles and a nervous Will.

“Buffy this is Giles, my god-father. Giles this is Buffy, the girl next door,” Will spoke calmly but on this inside he was scared shitless. Giles just kept staring his godchild up and down with his mouth opening and closing like a fish trying to make out words,

“Who…. what…. when…. where…. why?”

“First off, I’m William still. Second this is my new look. I did it yesterday over at Buffy’s house, and I did it because I wanted a change. Now I am going out again to the Bronze tonight and Buffy came over to help me pick something out, so we are just going to go to my room and do that okay?” He didn’t get an answer though he just got Giles staring, as if frozen with shock.

“I think you broke him,” Buffy spoke up for the first time since she walked in.

“I do too. I hope he’ll be okay by time I get back. Let’s just leave him here, and go.”

“I agree. Which way to your room?” As she walked over the threshold into his room, she saw plain cream-colored walls, with a plain beige colored carpet. She also saw a deep red carpet, and red bed sheets. Plus a bookshelf covered with books, that didn’t surprise her. Buffy quickly spotted the closet and went straight to it. As she opened it, she saw it was still full of his tweed suits and shoes, and nothing else. So she turned to him with a questioning look,

“Where are all the things we got you yesterday?”

“They are still in their bags over there,” Will stated pointing to a corner of his room that was filled with bags.

“First things first, go get me a couple of boxes.”

“Why?”

“Just do it.” So he left to go find some boxes. When he walked back into his room, with the three boxes he had found, he saw Buffy taking all his clothes out of his closet and folding them up on his bed. When she saw the look on his face she just said,

“You won’t be needing these anymore. So we are going to pack them up and put them away. Can you start putting all of these into the boxes while I start hanging up all your new clothes?” About an hour later all of Williams old, tweed clothes were packed away and his closet was filled with his new ones.

“You should definitely wear this shirt,” Buffy stated as she pulled a short-sleeved, dark blue, button up shirt out of his closet. Then she reached down to the bottom of the closet and brought out a pair of steel-toed dock martins, “and these shoes,” she said handing the items over to Will. He just grabbed them and set them down on his bed. “Aren’t you going to change?”

“We aren’t going to the Bronze for another three hours.”

“So we still have to go over to my house so I can get ready and when that’s done you won’t have anytime to come home and change.”

“I don’t see why it take you girls so bloody long to get ready,” Will griped as he reached for the shirt on his bed. Then he turned back to Buffy, who was still standing there,

“Will you give me some privacy?”

“You’re kidding right? All you are doing is changing you’re shirt and shoes.”

“And I don’t want you staring at me.”

“Fine, fine what ever,” Buffy, said turning around to face his dresser. She heard some struggling going on behind her, “Are you ok?”

“Um…well, I am having a slight problem.”

“With what? It’s just a shirt.”

“Could you just quit with the snide remarks and help me?” When she turned around to face him she immediately saw the problem.

“No wonder you are having problems you’ve got the shirt inside out,” Buffy told him while trying to keep from laughing too much. She walked over to him and helped him get out of the tangled shirt. As she did he started trying to cover his bare chest up.

“You know I would understand you all being with the embarrassment if you had man boobies or something like that, but you don’t. So why are you all embarrassed?”He definitely does not have man boobies. He actually has a really hot body.

“It’s just I’ve never had anyone see me with my shirt off before, and it’s just kind of embarrassing.”

“Well you have nothing to embarrassed about, believe me you don’t. There ya go. All nice and buttoned up correctly.”

“Wow that was fast,” He had been too lost in her eyes to notice that she had put his shirt on him correctly and buttoned it up for him.

“It’s not that hard to button up a shirt. Now put your shoes on and let’s get on over to my house. Or do you need help with those too?”

After he had finished they made their way down the stairs and out the door, passing a still frozen Giles. When they arrived at Buffy’s house they were greeted by Joyce.

“Buffy and uh…. I’m sorry who are you?” Joyce questioned confused on who this boy Buffy brought home was.

“I’m William. I live next door,” Will introduced himself. Joyce knew a boy named William who lived next door but this didn’t look anything like the one she knew.

“William? William Anderson?”

“Yes ma’am that’s me.”

“Wow, you have…um certainly changed since the last time I saw you.”

“Wait, you two know each other?” Buffy asked confused on how everyone seemed to know that he lived next door, when Buffy never found out until a few days ago.

“Yes. When they moved in I went over there to welcome them to the neighborhood and I asked you to come along, but somebody said that they were to busy so I went over there with Dawn,” Joyce exclaimed.

“Oh, well anyways I have to go and get ready uh Will… you can hang down here if you want while I go upstairs and get ready, yeah,” Buffy said while walking up the stairs.

“Well uh...” William spoke nervously.

“Would you like some hot chocolate while you wait for Buffy?”

“Sure. Thank you Ms. Summers,” Spike said following Joyce into the kitchen. Meanwhile Buffy was upstairs trying to pick out suitable clothes for the night when her sister barged in her room.

“Hey Buffy, who’s the hottie downstairs with mom?” Dawn questioned.

“That’s William. Mom said you met him before and can you please go so I can get ready.”

“Fine, grouch,” Dawn mumbled leaving her room. Buffy walked over to her closet seeing what choices she had. What should I wear? What would Will like? Since when do I care what Will likes? I don’t care. Buffy answered herself still searching for what she wanted. She finally decided on something and went to the bathroom to change. Meanwhile back downstairs Spike went to sit in the living room when he was done his hot chocolate. He kept looking at his watch wonder what was taking her so long to get ready. Don’t know why she needs to take so long. She’s a natural beauty. Put her in rags and she will still look amazing. William chuckled at that thought. William was so out of it he didn’t even notice her coming down the stairs. When he heard her call his name he looked up to see her. She was wearing light blue jeans with a white, long sleeved button up shirt with its sleeves rolled up, and white flip flops. Her hair was in a ponytail, nothing fancy, with two strands outlining her face. He was still in daze until she spoke again.

“William are you ready?”

“Uh yeah. Let’s go.” He said walking out the front door with Buffy in tow. As they made their way through the Bronze looking for the gang, they kept getting stares from everyone around. They were all staring at William, trying to figure out who he was or if he was single. Next they saw Jonathan who was standing on a chair waving them over. Buffy turned her head to William and looked at him with amusement pointing over to Jonathan. When they finally reached the table Jonathan was still standing up on the chair.

“Ok you can get down now. We don’t need anymore attention drawn to us then there already is,” Buffy informed him looking around to see how many people were still staring.

“See that’s the thing. I well… the chair is kinda high.”

“You’re kidding right?”

“No not really,” Jonathan said with a forced laugh. Xander rolled his eyes and stood up and helped him down.

“Dude, I ain’t even that stupid,” That comment made everyone laugh, except Jonathan,

“Hey!” Then Xander butted in,

“I believe that’s my hey. Hey!”

“Oh just sit down Xander.”

“Aren’t you supposed to like back me up there Willow?”

“Nope.”

“Moving on…” Buffy said taking a seat at the table, “Hey Will do you think you could go get me a drink?”

“Sure Buffy.”

“She has got you wrapped around her finger man,” Jonathan stated, picking on William.

“Yeah, you’ve totally become her lap dog,” Xander joined in.

“Leave him alone you two,” Buffy told them with a stern look and then giving an apologetic one to Will.

“Well, I’m gunna head back stage with Oz and help him finish setting up,” Jonathan said standing up, “Oh yeah, bye Spike,” he said laughing. Then Xander started laughing,

“Woof, woof. Wittle Spikey.”

“Just ignore them.” Tara said.

“Yeah, they are the ones who are dogs,” Willow added.

“Score one for Red, while the whelps have yet to score,” William teased them.

“Whatever, I’m going. Bye guys, by Spike,” before William could object he had walked off.

“How ‘bout I go get you that drink now?” William asked Buffy.

“How ‘bout we forget the drink and go dance?” Buffy suggested.

“Sounds good to me.”