Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's that second chapter. I am running out of ideas here, I know where I want to story to go, just don't know how to get there. So please ideas would be greatly appriciated. This time I also want to try to get more than 8 review for one chapter, that's the highest so far for this story and I'd like to make that number go up.
Disclaimer: We own nothing. It all belongs to Joss. Except for Jonathan he is ours.


The next morning William was up and ready almost an hour before he had to leave, so he settled with pacing back and forth throughout his room trying to figure out what he was going to say when he went over to pick up Buffy,

“Hey Buffy!” He spoke in an overly cheery voice. No, it’d make her think I was on drugs or high on something.

“Hey…Buffy, How’s it hangin’?” He said slowly, dragging the sentence out.

“Buffy, Hi. I had a nice time yesterday,” he said with a huge, fake smile. A nice time doing what? This is how he spent his time until he had to go next door.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

While William was practicing his welcoming line, Buffy on the other hand was raiding her closet for ‘the perfect outfit’. She’d gotten up an hour early hoping that it would give her time to calm her nerves, and now was thankful for it too, even if she was using that extra time just to find an outfit. She could worry about her nerves later. Finally after what seemed to be the millionth outfit she tried out, Buffy settled with a pair of black dress pants, a lavender tank top with a white men’s long-sleeved button shirt over it with only the bottom two buttons done up and the sleeves rolled up to just below her elbow. Then on her feet she had white high-heeled strappy sandals. After fixing her hair and makeup she took a quick look into the mirror to see the over all outcome when the bell rang. Breathe Buffy, just breathe. She thought as she headed down the stairs to the front door.

When she finally opened the door she was faced with a Spike that happened to look even more nervous than she felt, and after seeing that she remembered that he had never been in a situation like this before, but then neither had she, though she knew she would have to be the one to take charge here. So she gave him a smile and a ‘hey’ as she shut the door behind her, trying to make him relax some, which thankfully he did.

The two started walking side-by-side towards their school in silence, neither making a sound. After having made a tough decision in her head, Buffy slipped her hand into and started,

“So I was thinking instead of hanging out at Xander’s house Sunday, I thought maybe we could all go see a movie. What do you think?” she spoke, as if nothing was going on. When she turned her head to see his face, she saw him with a look of great confusion on his face, and gave him a small, quite shy smile. To which he returned with a smile of his own and giving her hand a gently squeeze as they continued walking.

“That sounds good to me, luv.”

“Good, because I was hoping we could see ‘House of Wax’, that is if you don’t mind.”

“What? And skip out on a chance to have you all scared and frightened in my arms?”

“We’ll see about that,” Buffy replied with a grin, as they turned the corner into the courtyard.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The gang was gathered in their usually spot chatting about nothing of real importance,

“I’m telling you Wonder Woman would so kick his tooshy!” Willow half shouted.

“No way, Batman has that cool utility belt and could totally destroy Wonder Woman,” Xander defended.

“Spiderman would kick both their asses,” Jonathan added, in turn they replied,

“No way.”

“Never.”

“Not a chance!”

“All I am saying is…Buffy and Spike are holding hangs,” Xander spoke, not finishing his earlier statement. Soon everyone was turning to see, even Oz. Sure enough they saw Buffy and Spike holding hands and laughing as they walked their way.

“She actually did it,” Jonathan said amazed.

“Not quite,” Oz stated simply, and when everyone turned to look at him he said, “He’s got to say he loves her.” To which Xander scoffed at.

“That’s right! I forgot about that part,” Jonathan said as if he had just discovered a million dollars.

“Forgot what?” Spike said as they had now gotten within hearing distance. Everyone gave Jonathan a ‘you better not tell him’ look, and then he replied slowly,

“Oh…uh…that……..Batman has a utility belt.”

“Batman? Stupid ponce, he is. All he does is swing on ropes and wear a cape. Now Wonder Woman, there’s a super hero.”

“Ha! See I told you Wonder Woman could beat Batman!” Willow said smiling.

“I like Snoopy,” Buffy simply stated, with a nod of her head. After receiving funny looks from almost everyone, Tara spoke,

“Snoopy i-isn’t a s-super hero sweetie.”

“Well he could be,” Buffy said with a determined facial expression, then continued, “I mean come on, he is so cute that no one would want to hurt him.”

“She’s got a point,” Oz answered, “but then he could use his cuteness against us and go evil.”

“No not Snoopy!” Willow exclaimed.

“Don’t worry Red, I don’t think we’ll have to worry about any evil Snoopys anytime soon,” Spike reassured her.

“Oh thank goodness.” Just then the bell signaling that they had to begin the school day rang. Buffy turned to Spike, who she happened to still be holding hands with, and asked,

“Walk me to class?” Spike just smiled at the memory of how jealous she had become yesterday over him walking Drusilla to class,

“Of course luv.” Then they headed towards the school, not even saying goodbye to the rest of the gang. Just a couple of feet away from the entrance, Drusilla stepped in front of the blonde pair, not noticing or if she did she didn’t acknowledge that the two were holding hand,

“Walk with me my Dark Prince,” She said looking at Spike and holding her hand out to him.

“Sorry, but I’m already walking with Buffy,” Spike replied giving Buffy a smile. When Dru turned her face to Buffy, she saw an annoyed look dawning the blonde’s face. Then turning back to Spike she said,

“But she is of little importance. Now be a good boy and come with Princess,” Drusilla said showing no expression in her features, reoffering him her hand.

“I said no Dru,” Spike insisted.

“Are you saying you’re dumping me for some,” Dru tilted her head toward Buffy, “some ditzy Californian blonde?”

“We were never together, I only walked you to class,” Spike spoke with disbelief. This bint is off her rocker. Thinkin’ we were going out an all. “And if you must know, yes I’m going with Buffy.”

“But…what…how…why…but…” Dru rambled to herself, she was not used to not getting her way, and she didn’t like it. So she stormed off in the other direction. I will have Spike one way or another; this is just going to take me sometime.

“Sometimes I wonder why they let her into the school. Shouldn’t she be like in an asylum or something?” Buffy thought aloud.

“I guess the level for normalcy is drastically low,” Spike replied with a smile, “now let’s get you to class.”

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

“So Buffy, uh… I was wondering if you could…well…maybe help me find a dress for Winter Formal this weekend?” Willow unsurely questioned, from her seat across their table in the cafeteria.

“Sure I guess I could help you,” she replied with a small frown.

“Why such the long face goldilocks? Ain’t found you dress yet?” Spike asked with humor, but was soon elbowed in the gut by Xander, “What was that for?!” he hissed at the brunette. But before Xander had time to reply Tara lent in front of him and pulled Spike’s head down so she could whisper in his ear,

“Buffy isn’t going,” when she got a confused look from the blonde she continued, “she doesn’t have a date, no one has asked her.”

After hearing that he bolted upright in his seat, smacking his elbow on the side of his chair in the process, but he really didn’t care. Right now he was debating whether or not he should ask Buffy to the dance. Running his fingers through his short hair he ran the idea through his head. Looking up at everyone at the table, who happened to have changed the subject and were busily chatting away. Oz was taking Willow, which was of no surprise to anyone. Jonathan had asked Tara, because he knew she wouldn’t judge him, and Tara had happily agreed. That way they didn’t have to go through the awkward moments that appear when you’re out with someone you don’t know that well. Xander, well he had surprisingly got the courage and asked Anya Jenkins, who had, again surprisingly, said yes.

Then his eyes landed on Buffy. There she was smiling and laughing at something someone had said. Within those few seconds his mind was made. He thought of all the embarrassing dancing, the dressing up, almost every reason he had for never going to a school dance. It would definitely be worth it.