Author's Chapter Notes:
This is an AU Fic.



Ok -As promised here is Spike. Now remember, as I warned this is an AU fic. Also the Spuffy is a little slow on the coming but have no fear.

Thank you to Meli, the world's most wonderful Beta!

Thank you to each of you who have read and take the time to review; it really means a great deal to me that you'll let me know that you appreciate the work that goes into this fic.














Chapter 3 - The Gift






The night was hot and steamy in the little beach town in Brazil. All of the townsfolk were out at the only local bar in town to have a few drinks to cool off.



Being the only bar in town also meant all of the demons who could get away with it were there also.



Spike leaned back in the chair and kicked his feet up on the table. It seemed no matter what he did or how drunk he got, it all came back to her. Buffy. She had crawled under his skin in that one night. No longer did he want to strangle the bint’s neck, he wanted to lavish it with his tongue, pierce her flesh with his fangs and take her as his mate.



He pouted in his chair as he remembered why he was thousands of miles away from her.



Buffy was finishing dressing as they both woke up from the spell. They had spent days making love. It was the most heavenly moment of his unlife. She had been his, truly his. Then the Powers That Be truly fucked with his life.



He had tried to pursue her; had given it his all. But, it had been for nothing.



"Slayer, I know you feel it too. It isn’t because of the spell!"



"Spike, I can’t!"



"What do you mean you can’t? Buffy, luv please let’s just try."



"No. You’re an evil, vile, disgusting neutered vampire!"



"Not what you said while I was plowed deep inside you. You didn’t want me to stop. You made future plans for us."



"It was a spell!"



"It was a spell inteded to work off of our feelings. Damn it, you told me you love me!"



"Spike, even if I did love you, remember I’m the Slayer. You vampire!"



"Stop being such a bitch about it. It can’t hurt to try; you didn’t even deny just now that you love me."



Buffy looked away from him, she would neither deny nor confirm his love for him. She did the only thing she knew how to do to protect her heart. Spike knew this, but knew there was no getting around her walls.



"You have to leave Sunnydale Spike. After what happened with Angel, I don’t know if I can risk my family and friends from being hurt again."



"I’m not sodden’ like Peaches!"



"Spike if I date again, it will be a normal human boy. I can’t go through this again."



Spike finally decided it was time to pull the wild card out. With desperation written all over his face, he laid it out on the table.



"I won’t treat you like that. I respect what is mine. I love you!"



"Spike, I don’t know if I can love you. Please go. Now."


Spike grabbed his duster and stormed out the door with out looking back. He waited until he got to the old Desoto before he let the tears fall.




Spike quickly pulled back to the present when he felt a cold hand brush the lone teardrop from his eye.



“William, what has Sunshine done to my poor boy?”



Spike was shocked. He would have thought Drusilla would have been long gone from the continent by now. Unfortunately, the disgusting antler boy was also with her. Not that he cared about Dru having a fuck buddy; he did not want his sire like that anymore. The site of mucous dripping off the antlers was turning his stomach.



“Nothing Dru. Nothing at all”



Dru snarled at him. Even in her lovely white silken gown, she was still intimidating. Quickly, she went from angry to excited.



“Don’t lie to mummy William. I know the secret!”



“That she loves me but she pushed me aside for some normal fragile fucking boy? Not news here luv.”



Spike crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair again. He really wanted this little session of hide-and-go-seek to finish as quickly as possible. All he had to do was get her to tell her little secret.



“Sunshine she loves you, but she has something else of yours besides your heart.”



“For God sake Dru just spit it out!”



“Now. Now. You must be patient with mummy. Miss Edith hasn’t told me yet, but I do know that the boyfriend is gone.”



Spike’s interest peaked at that. Dru was often correct with her insane visions, so he knew to pay attention to her.



“William, look around here do you see those soldier boys?”



“Bloody hell! Those are the soddin’ chaps that neutered me!”



Spike began to panic. Drusilla laid her hand on his shoulder and chanted a few words under her breath.



“Don’t worry my Spike. When they look at you, they won’t recognize you as one of their ‘hostiles’. Now I want you to use that vampire nose of yours and inhale.”



Unable to refuse his sire, he deeply inhaled the air around him. That is when the smell hit him. It was faint, but enough to know someone in that room had been close with Buffy.



His Buffy.



“Now William, be patient. You listen in to what that soldier boy over there has to say, and you’ll find out what your present is back home.”



Dru gave him a kiss on the cheek, then turned and left the building, of course not without quickly grabbing one of the soldiers and leading him out to a premature death.



Whatever it was that would be his present intrigued Spike. He got up and moved closer to the bar where he recognized Riley, the white bread that had been trying to woo his Slayer.



He sat at the edge of the bar, in the seat closest to the round table the soldier boys were drinking and playing poker. He did not need to strain to hear the conversation.



“Finn, have you heard from your girl lately?”



“I told you, she’s not my girl.”



“Yeah but she’s knocked up!”



“Damn it. Stop bringing that up. I told you it’s not mine.”



“Finn. Gotta hand it to you. You could handle the Slayer!”



The rest of the guys laughed at Riley’s expense. Riley slammed his fist down on the table. His men knew they pushed him too far. All but one rose and left the table.



“Finn, man I’m sorry about that.”



“Nah Forrest, don’t worry about it. You guy’s don’t know what the worse part about all this is.”



“Well, until you told me on the way down here she was the Slayer; I didn’t think it could get any worse.”



“Forrest, remember that Billy Idol vampire we captured?”



“Oh yeah, he scared the shit out of me!”



Spike could smell the fear on the man. He was so glad that still all this time later, he had that effect on the ponce.



“We’ll apparently Buffy was protecting him from us.”



“Man, that’s jacked up. She’s the Slayer of Vampires, not their protector.”



“We’ll she didn’t like that we continued to pursue him even though he couldn’t defend himself. She said it wasn’t a fair fight.”



“What’s this got to do with her being pregnant Finn?”



“Well her little red head friend, Willow. She’s the witch. She did this spell, and well one thing led to another. Theyslepttogetherunderthespell.”



“Say that again Finn. Slowly.”



“They slept together under the spell.”



“Oh. Man that sucks.”



“Yeah. Well that is where the baby comes in.”



Forrest’s face lit up as he put two and two together.



“Don’t let Walsh get wind of this. If she finds out that the Slayer is pregnant with a vampire’s spawn….”



“She won’t find out.”





Spike abruptly left his spot at the bar and ran into the night. Smack into Dru.



“So, like your little prezzie, Daddy"






Wanna know what happens next chappie? Leave a review! :)