Thank You!

Thank you all for your kind reviews. I really appreciate it when readers take the time out of their day to leave a review. So again, Thank You!

Special Thanks to Meli, who works hard to beta this fic so it is a good read!

Extra Thanks & Hugs to Ariel Dawn for making this lovely banner!














Chapter 4 - Conversations





Spike sank to the ground and placed his head in his hands.

“Why, why …” He mumbled over and over again.

“It’s a gift Dearie, from the pixies for you.”

“Dru, how can having a child with the Slayer be a soddin’ gift? I’m evil, she’s sunshine.”

“William, she’s your sunshine. As you said, she just doesn’t know it yet.”

Spike shook his head. If she was still looking for normal, then what was Riley doing in South America?

Of course Dru was not going to be quiet long enough to let Spike gather his bearings.

“William, she won’t accept it’s yours until he is born, so you can’t run to her yet.”

“I protect what is MINE. Damn it. I should be there to protect her now, help make sure she’s taken care of while the sprog is in the uterus.”

Dru danced circles around Spike; humming to herself only a tune, she knew the words to.

“The pixies told me to cast a little spell protecting her, so I did. Miss Edith thought it was a wonderful idea. So see, you don’t need to go running off to make Sunshine’s day cloudy.”

“How will I know how she’s doing you daft bint?” Spike yelled.

Dru stopped her dance, and then slapped Spike across the face. Stunned, Spike looked up at her.

“Tut-Tut. Don’t be cross with mummy. You have soldier boy to keep you posted.”

Spike threw his hands up in frustration, and bit back his anger.

“Mummy dearest, then would you so kindly tell me how you expect me to sit back and listen to Captain Cardboard speak of her affections for him?”

“Spike, patience. Did you not hear the soldier boy say ‘She’s not my girl.’?”

Spike stood up and started to pace back in forth. His facial expression reflecting the master vampire was deep in thought. When his face lit up with a smile, it was evident he had stumbled upon the right thought.

“William, don’t you think you should go back in there and see what else you can find out? Then mummy can help you make a plan to get your girl.”

Spike found it odd that he would take direction from his crazy bint of a sire, but he did not have a better alternative. He mumbled a bit of thanks to her, and kissed her cheek as he walked back into the bar. Lucky for him, no one had really noticed he had left, except for the bartender. The bartender passed Spike another bottle of beer. Spike wiped the condensation off the bottle, took a swig, and feigned concentration on removing the label off the bottle. He concentrated on the soldiers’ conversation. Luckily, it had not progressed much beyond Walsh being a sadistic bitch.

“Enough about Maggie, I don’t know why we waste so much breath on her Finn.”

Riley shifted uncomfortably in his seat. His friend had no idea of the mad experiments she was doing behind the scenes.

“There’s just something that’s not right about her Forrest. I watch my back around her, always.”

“Well I’m not scared of that bitch Finn. Anyway, speaking of bitches, how far along is Buffy with the Demon Spawn?”

“Forrest, I know you don’t like her but she is still my friend. If you could please not…”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah Finn. I get it. You haven’t gotten over your crush with her yet.”

“Forrest, that’s where you’re wrong, I have. I would never want to put my prick near where some demon’s has been…”

Spike tried hard not to get out of his seat and smack Finn upside the head. After all, the only difference between his and Finn’s was probably size; Spike figured he bested the soldier in that category.

“…And she is my friend. I don’t go talking about your friends in a bad way, so lay off mine. To answer your question, well you said at the time she found out she was a few months along. I’ve been gone for three months now. So she’d be around six or so.”

“She healthy?”

Spike rejoiced that the men were finally moving into some territory he cared about.

“She’s doing well under the circumstances. She says it’s getting harder to slay now that her body is starting to show evidence of her pregnancy. She’s actually being quite humorous about it. The other day on the phone she was complaining about her breasts getting in the way.”

Both the men and Spike broke out into laughter. Spike regained his composure in order to keep himself undercover from the men.

“Yeah Finn, she’s being funny but how is she really taking it. She’s all alone going through this.”

“Well she has Willow, Xander, Anya, and Giles. They all help her out. Her mom has been great too. She helped Buffy move back home. Right now they are redoing one of the spare bedrooms for the baby.”

“Finn, that sounds all nice but cut the shit man. She has no man up there to lean on. Have you told her it’s over yet?”

The silence that hung in the air was almost unbearable to Spike. He could not hold his cover if he knew that Riley was leading Buffy on. William just would not allow such an ungentlemanly thing to occur; Spike would not let it go without vengeance.

“She knows. She didn’t feel like the long distance was working and that in retrospect she had been haste into getting involved with me so deep, so quickly.”

“Lucky you, no dramatics. You’ve gotta teach me your secrets Finn.”

“Actually, she came to that decision after thirty minutes of tears and arguing. She was upset that I wasn’t being affectionate to her or telling her I loved her. It was hard to keep on feeling for her though; she’s carrying another man’s baby.”

“You mean vampire Finn. A vampire’s baby.”

“It wouldn’t have mattered. When that baby is born, Buffy would take one look and regret being with me because I’m not the daddy.”

“She still believes you’re the daddy?”

”She doesn’t say much anymore. She’s been denial girl about it, which seems to work well for her. After what Angelus did to her, I can understand why she’s in denial land.”

“What did Angelus do to her?”

“He took her heart and broke it.”

“How?”

“It doesn’t matter. He had her heart first. I couldn’t compete with that. Then there is still the mystery of Hostile 17. If Angelus hadn’t ruined her, I wonder if Hostile 17 would have had a chance with her.”

Forrest laid his hand on Riley’s shoulder.

“Love hurts. We’ve had enough brews, let’s head back to camp.”

As the soldiers walked away, Spike sat and wondered would he still have a chance with his Goldilocks?






Thanks so much for the read! If you liked please, please, please, please leave me a review! They make me so happy and so want to write more!

*hugs*
Opal


Thank You to Meli for Betaing! You Rock!