Chapter 9


Spike gently leaned over his wife, and kissed her face. Buffy stirred and smiled

“Baby…wake up” he gently nuzzled her neck, and Buffy’s eyes fluttered open.

“Hmm…love you” She mumbled, putting an arm around him and went to turn over, but Spike stayed where he was and Buffy opened her eyes to see him smiling at her.

“What’s the time?”

“It’s very early yet, but I have great news!” Spike lay down next to her, still fully clothed

Buffy raised her head to look at him

“What is it babe?”

“It’s not our baby they want!”

Buffy smiled and sat up

“No – how do you know, when did you find out? – Are you sure it’s-“

“Hey kitten, calm down. I couldn’t sleep so I went back to the shop. I got to thinking those bloody morons were missing something, more than likely under their very noses too!”

“And they were?”

“Pretty much, I caught that vengeance demon mate of Anya’s in the stockroom, helping herself, calm as you bloody like to the stock for the ritual!”

“And they didn’t hear anything upstairs?”

“Not a sausage until we started talking, then there was a bit of a mix up, Hallie and I were talking at cross purposes, I was still under the impression that it was OUR baby going to be used for the ritual, and Hallie knew different, she said what business was it of mine, but then she thought I was the father of Anya’s baby, coz I was going off at her how it was my business coz it was MY baby, well OUR baby – anyway in the confusion, she teleports out – but she comes back to get the stuff, and then Anya comes, and I’m not kidding you, she’s out here, (Spike made a semi-circle motion with his hand from his chest to his thighs, meaning Anya’s belly was huge) and looks ready to pop any moment!”

“Anya’s pregnant? – Do you know who by?”

“D’Hoffran, by all accounts, she wants to transfer all the power he has to the baby so she doesn’t have to answer to him anymore – or some such bollocks – who cares – it’s not our baby, and you can go to town with Willow later now!”

Buffy’s face lit up and she hugged her hubby

“I know you’ve been going stir-crazy pet…but I was so worried, and day time I couldn’t protect you, and-“

“Shush! I did understand, and I can go out now!”

“Spike, is that you?”

“Come in Red – great news!” he went on to tell Willow what had happened

“Excuse me, I must go do something” Willow went back to her own room

She summoned D’Hoffran, and told him of Anya’s plan.

“Sad to say Willow, I already know…the ritual she has is useless though, those Hellions…they should learn to read properly. I think the punishment is fitting though”

“P-punishment- but what about the baby – your baby?” Willow asked

“Well, I will bide my time and see my child eventually that is, time goes much faster in our dimension than in yours…the ritual she will do will not induce the birth and take my power and transfer it to the child, it will make it so that she is pregnant for 1000 years”

“A thousand – oh my goodness!” D’Hoffran smiled

“She hates it too, being pregnant, can’t have any fun………and a little something left over from being human, she feels guilty if she does something she shouldn’t, like partying and carousing………”

“What about Razor?” Willow asked

“I can’t decide… I really need somebody to make a wish on my behalf”

Willow’s smiled turned to a grin

“How about…I wish Razor would have a ‘sympathetic’ pregnancy? – You know, bloated stomach, milk engorged breasts…food cravings………”

D’Hoffran roared with laughter and said it would be perfect – and then he tried to enlist her again!

“It is a shame Willow, you would make an excellent vengeance demon!”

“Thanks, but no thanks, and um, you know, congratulations by the way on the baby – when you eventually get to see it!”

“Don’t worry, I have several hundred due before I see that baby – well I’m being summoned I must be off, bye!”

“Willow, what was that noise – the house shook!”

“Sorry…I thought I better warn D’Hoffran of Anya’s plan – he knew and it won’t work…Anya and Razor are in for a shock though!”



****************************


18 hours later

Anyanka, Halfrek and Razor tried to sit up amongst the ruins of Razor’s lair. Anya was still very pregnant, and by the looks of things with the size of his stomach and chest, so was Razor………

“You MUST have done it wrong YOU MORON!”

“Don’t shout at me!” Razor whined petulantly, then he frowned, felt his over-grown stomach and with eyes widening with horror, his chest area

“Oh for all the hell-dogs in Hades…what have YOU done to ME?”

Suddenly D’Hoffran appeared amongst the rubble of the blown-up spell

“ANYANKA!”

“Oh shit…um D’Hoffran, how was the Gamma quadrant?”

“Never mind that, for your deceit, you will remain with-child for a thousand years, and YOU, well YOU will have all the symptoms of being pregnant for the same amount of time – and I’m barring you all from the home planet – so the time will pass slowly for you Anyanka, maybe you can reflect on your wickedness during the long slow hours…”

“Wait, WAIT – D’HOFFRAN, I’M SORRY, REALLY, I’M sor-ry…!” Anya knew it was useless, her boss, father of her child had caught her out and now she was going to pay………


*************************



Three and a half weeks later………

“Push baby, one last time…”

Buffy, red faced and sweating let out a loud ‘AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH’
And nearly broke all of Spike’s fingers as she held on tightly to his hand.

“AAAaaaaaaaaaaahhhh…um, th-that’s it baby…nearly – oh god, oh OH!”


“Good girl! There you are, hello baby, welcome to the world!” The midwife grinned and the baby let out a loud wail.

“There you are, let me clear his airway………cord clamped, would daddy like to cut the cord?” The midwife held the surgical scissors out to Spike, and shaking slightly he did just that. Wrapping him in a special towel, the nurse handed him to Buffy

“Oh god he’s beautiful…look Spike, he’s got your eyes!”

Spike gazed with awe on his baby son, words couldn’t describe how happy he felt, or emotional as the tears streamed down his face.

The midwife took the baby to wash and weigh him, and Spike splashed his face with cold water, and Buffy brushed her hair.

“Ready to face the mob?” Spike asked as the midwife placed the now clean baby boy back in Buffy’s arms

“There, six pounds three ounces, and he’s all present and correct, ten little fingers and toes…I’ll leave you to your visitors, only five minutes mind, you don’t want to be over-tired”

Spike moved the blanket away from his son’s face and couldn’t stop grinning. He leaned in and placed the softest kiss on his forehead, and then one on Buffy’s lips


“Thankyou, he’s…perfect!” Buffy smiled and said,

“See if you’re still saying that when he wants changing or has woken you twice in the night already!” But even joking, Buffy knew Spike wouldn’t mind one little bit.

“Are you going to get the others?”

Spike was rubbing his thumb back and forth over his son’s tiny fingers…

“Look at those tiny fingernails…”

“Spike…babe, the others – they’ve been here for six hours already”

“Hmm, what? Oh yeah, I suppose so…I just want you two to myself that’s all!”

“Plenty of time for that when we get home, silly!”

“Yeah, like we’ll get a minutes peace!” But Spike was grinning

He went over to the door and opened it, walked down the corridor. Angel stood and so did the others all looking at Spike with bated breath, holding helium balloons, teddy’s and all manner of flowers and fruit baskets…

“Born ten minutes ago, a boy, 6 pounds three ounces”

Willow and Cordelia shrieked and hugged Spike, Angel pumped his hand And Giles was shaking the other hand, Xander was slapping him on the back, all congratulating him

“Can we see them?”

“Just for five minutes, the midwife said she-“ Willow and Cordelia were off through the door before Spike could finish

“Well go on, granddad – Buffy’s dying to show him off!”

Giles couldn’t keep the grin off his face, to be an ‘honorary’ granddad just tickled him pink – he was overjoyed

“Can I go?”

“Course, go on whelp!”

“You’re very, very lucky you know Spike” Angel said

Spike turned to his grandsire

“Yes, I know…now is this where you tell me to take care of them or else?” Angel smiled

“I wouldn’t dare – besides…I know there’s no need”

Angel held his hand out to Spike, and Spike met him half way, but was suddenly pulled into a hug.

“If ever you need anything, you know” Angel began, but stopped

“Yeah…come on – come see him, he’s gorgeous – got my eyes so the Mrs says!” Spike held the door open and Angel, and Angel walked through saying something about he hoped he’d inherited Buffy’s looks instead, but it was all said in good humour.

There had been some discussion as to baby’s names, Spike had insisted all along that it was a boy, and Buffy had only thought of girls names, so when Willow asked what were they going to call him, Buffy said

“Well it can’t be Charlotte Louise Emily anymore…what did we say Spike, Cuthbert was it – or Sebastian?”

“Did we heck!” Spike said with a grin

Buffy raised her elbow so everybody could see the baby’s face, and she said,

“Everybody, I’d like you to meet baby William Henry Rupert Alexander, named after his lovely daddy, his two grandfather’s, and our bestest friend – but he’ll be known as Billy, isn’t that right, daddy?”

Spike couldn’t stop grinning and Giles was about to burst with emotion, as was Xander

Ten minutes later they all left

“So, William eh, you kept me waiting over that decision!” Spike said taking his son and lying him down in the crib next to the bed

“Well…better late than never! You’d better be going soon too, it’ll be sun-up”

“I know……there you sleep tight little one, and daddy will come and see you later, and your beautiful mum………”

As Buffy had had a text book delivery, she was allowed home later on that day, to a new family life in Revello Drive………


The End (for now!)