Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, this chapter has some actual smut.
Buffy rolled her eyes at Spike’s transparent attempt to change the subject. “Nice try, honey,” she said, “but I’m scoring this whole fiasco as an error for the home team.”

“No argument there, love,” Spike agreed, pulling Buffy into his lap. “I already admitted it to Red, so I might as well come clean with you too. I knew better, and I didn’t follow my gut. I’m sorry, love. Did I ruin your Halloween?”

“Not yet. Joy’s ready to trick-or-treat. That’s all that I care about at this point. I’m just a little wound up is all.” Buffy said as she nuzzled Spike’s check and nipped playfully at his ear.

Buffy felt Spike’s growl vibrate through her at the same moment she became aware of the rapidly hardening length of his erection where it pressed into her bottom. She’d barely registered these sensations before he lifted her and started walking down the hall. “It takes 20 minutes to cook pasta,” he said softly. “I think we should be able to unwind you a bit before dinner’s ready. What do you think?”

Buffy wrapped her legs around Spike’s waist. “I don’t know. Did you bring the good stuff?” she asked innocently.

“Oh yeah,” he sighed, already closing the bedroom door behind them. “Always keep it handy when you’re around.”

“Well, in that case,” Buffy said, “I couldn’t possibly refuse. It would be such a shame to bring it all this way and not use it.”

“Oh, we’ll use it, love,” Spike practically purred into her ear.

With that, Buffy clamped her legs a little tighter around Spike. Firmly anchored to his pelvis, she arched her back slightly and pulled her top off in one motion. As she dropped the garment to the floor she saw the flash of amber in Spike’s eyes as he caught sight of her salmon lace bra. “Whoa, fang boy,” she said. “We’ll have no slashing of the new bra, okay?”

“Not to worry, love. I think I’ll leave it alone. I rather fancy taking you half-dressed. It saves time, and it always leaves you looking totally debauched.”

“Does that apply to my panties too?” she asked.

“No way, pet, the knickers have got to go,” he said, as they untangled enough for Buffy to put her feet on the floor and simultaneously reached for each other’s zippers. “But I don’t have to rip them off, if you’ll cooperate.” Drawing on decades of practice, they were naked from waist to knees in a matter of seconds.

Wasting no time, Spike put his hands on Buffy’s hips, turning her around so her back was to his front. Pulling her body flush against his, Spike buried his face in her hair. “I’ve got the good stuff right here, love,” he breathed into her ear. “Are you ready?”

Buffy gasped as the cool, hardness of Spike’s erection pressed into the cleft of her buttocks. Arching her back, she increased the tantalizing friction where his balls bounced against the ultra-sensitive folds between her legs. Spike clamped a hand over her mouth just as Buffy began to cry out. “Shhh, baby,” he whispered, directly into her ear. “Remember now, the bit doesn’t have soundproof walls in her bedrooms. We need to keep quiet.” Buffy nodded her agreement and Spike slowly removed his hand.

Buffy twisted her neck until she found his lips with hers and they both moaned softly into each other’s mouths. The tension of losing and searching for Joy had left them raw and hungry. It had actually been only a dozen hours since they’d last made love, but it felt like much longer. They needed this connection to finally dispel the veil of fear that had dropped over them while Joy was lost.

Buffy reached between her legs with one hand and gently squeezed Spike’s balls. Nearly losing control, Spike had to smother a strangled scream in her hair. “Not fair, love,” he hissed. “You know what that does to me.”

“What, you mean this?” she asked, tugging lightly on his sac.

“Yes,” he hissed through clenched teeth, “that.”

“What about this, then?” she said as she moved her hand up to wrap it around the base of Spike’s cock. Pulling his erection free of her cleft, she repositioned it between her legs.

“Ah, yes, love, that’s brilliant,” he sighed, his legs trembling.

Removing her hand, Buffy pressed her thighs firmly together, scissoring her legs back and forth very slightly.

“Ah, fuck me, Buffy,” he gasped. “Whatever you’re doing, please don’t stop.”

Buffy chuckled, loving the way Spike responded to her touch. “Don’t worry, honey,” she purred. “I’m just getting started.” She contracted her thighs to clamp even tighter around Spike’s swollen cock, drenching it in a flood of wetness as she began to rock her pelvis. All she could hear was Spike’s ragged breath rasping in and out in rhythm with her movements. Buffy, despite her intention of lavishing pleasure on her mate, found herself awash with the intense sensation created by his unyielding firmness as it rubbed against the enveloping suppleness of her swollen vulva. Distracted from her efforts to bring Spike close to his climax, Buffy was caught completely off guard by her own orgasm. Biting her lip to keep from screaming, Buffy doubled over as waves of pleasure pulsed through her. Only Spike’s strong arms kept her from falling forward onto the bed.

Spike managed to pivot around far enough to drop onto the bed, bringing Buffy along with him. Rolling her onto her back, he straddled her body with his. When she recovered enough to open her eyes she found him grinning down at her, his weight supported on his arms.

“I’m proud of you, love,” he whispered. “You hardly made a sound. But you better grab a pillow now, because I’m coming inside, and this time I’m the one who’s just getting started.”

**********

Dawn gave the pasta a quick stir and turned to take some salad dressing out of the refrigerator when she nearly tripped over Joy. “Hey, Joy-Joy,” she laughed. “It’s a good thing that tail is just pretend ‘cause I think I just stepped on it.”

“Don’t worry, Auntie Dawnie,” she replied. “It didn’t hurt.”

Dawn smiled down at her niece, who had managed to get most of the way into her kitty costume. “Come here, cutie. Let me button you up,” Dawn said, as she finished the job. “Dinner’s almost done. Do you want to go tell your Mama and Papa we’re about ready to eat?”

“Not yet,” Joy said, shaking her head. “They’re still playing.”

“Playing?” Dawn asked, only half listening as she returned to tearing lettuce into the salad bowl. She was about to inquire what sort of game Buffy and Spike were playing when she remembered whom she was talking about. “Oooookay, never mind,” she said quickly. “How about helping me set the table?”

“Okay,” Joy answered. “I can’t reach the plates so Mama puts them on the table and I spread them around.”

“That sounds like a good plan,” Dawn said, marveling again at the four-year-old’s quiet competence. “Here, step up here and wash your hands while I get the dishes.”

By the time Willow returned to the kitchen from calling the Council, Joy was seated at the head of the neatly set table drinking a glass of milk, her stuffed pig wedged into the chair at her side.

“Hey, Joyster,” Willow said as she took a seat beside her. “Everyone at the Council is still celebrating the safe return from your last adventure. You look like you’re already ready for another. How are those new memories doing?”

“What?” Joy looked confused for a moment. “Oh, you mean when we were lost?”

Willow nodded. “Yeah, what was it like?”

“Mr. Pig was very scared. I was scared too, but I didn’t want him to know. So I promised to take him trick-or-treating if he didn’t cry.”

“Did it work?” Willow asked.

Joy nodded her head vigorously, “We didn’t cry until Papa got there.”

“You’re a brave little girl, Joy.” Willow said.

Joy just sighed and said, “I didn’t feel brave. I did what Papa said to do if I ever got lost. I just pretended to be brave for Mr. Pig.”

“By the way, Joy,” Willow said, “Mr. Pig is kind of a formal name for a stuffed animal. Couldn’t you call him his first name?”

“Oh, Mr. Pig doesn’t like his first name,” Joy whispered in response. “He thinks it’s babyish.”

“Really?” Willow said. “Can you tell me what it is?”

Joy looked thoughtful. “I guess so,” she said slowly. “But only if you promise not to call him it.”

Willow crossed her heart. “I promise.”

Joy leaned close to Willow’s ear and whispered very softly. “It’s Pinky.”

Willow was indicating to Joy that her secret was safe by locking her lips with an invisible key, when a rhythmic thumping began to vibrate through the walls of the house. Dawn caught Willow’s eye from the sink where she was draining the cooked pasta. Raising her voice over the telltale noise she announced that dinner was ready and made as much racket as possible with the pots and pans until the pounding finally stopped.

“They’re done,” Joy said matter-of-factly, slipping from her seat. “I can tell Mama and Papa to come to dinner now.”

Joy disappeared down the hall, leaving Dawn and Willow to stare at each other in silence.

Tbc…