Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm in the process of becoming the Queen of UST. I guess I'm just a sucker for the long, slow tease. Hope you like it. Leave a review.
The moment they reached the bottom of the basement steps, Spike pushed Buffy face first into the wall. With both hands he firmly held her shoulders flush with the paneling. When she tried to crane around to look at him, he put one hand on the back of her head, pressing her cheek against the wooden surface.

“Ow!” she said, more as an observation than an expression of pain. “What are you up to?”

“Very funny, Slayer,” Spike growled into her ear, his cool breath ticklish enough to make her squirm. “Made a point of keeping it up all evening, didn’t you? Don’t tell me you’re going to go all coy now and pretend your two-hour tease wasn’t intentional?” As he said this, Spike stepped close enough to let Buffy feel his erection pressed against her backside.

“What? You mean you like my costume?” Buffy asked, feigning innocence.

“Maybe just a little,” Spike said through clenched teeth. “Especially when you ran ahead so your tiny skirt kept bouncing up and showing your pink bottom and no sign of knickers.” Spike tightened his grip as he leaned in to increase the pressure against his raging hard-on. “Tell me, little Slayer, are you wearing any knickers?”

“I don’t remember,” Buffy replied, her voice growing husky with desire. “Maybe you should see for yourself.”

With his blunt teeth grasping Buffy’s neck to hold it in place, Spike dropped one hand down over her hip and then snaked it under the hem of her skirt. “I never actually saw you in your cheerleading outfit before now,” he commented, releasing her neck for a moment to speak. “But I’ve had plenty of fantasies about it. You must know that.”

“I’ve never imagined I could keep track of your fantasies,” Buffy said, smiling to herself at the success of her costume. “But I was confident this uniform would inspire some realities.”

Sliding his hand up along the curve of her butt, Spike finally found a narrow strap of elastic near Buffy’s waist. Slipping his finger underneath, he pulled sharply, producing a tearing sound.

“Wait a mo’” he said, deftly performing the same maneuver on the other side. Bringing the flimsy scrap of fabric to eye level, he exclaimed, “This is Velcro!”

“Pretty clever, if you ask me!” Buffy said. Taking advantage of Spike’s moment of discovery, and the fact he’d let go of her neck again, she twisted around to face him. “You know my underwear budget is completely out of control. I had to do something.”

********

The trick-or-treating had ended an hour earlier with everyone returning to Dawn’s for hot chocolate. The women instructed Joy and Giselle in the age old tradition of sorting Halloween loot, painstakingly categorizing the candy on the living room rug. Dawn and Willow had a lively disagreement concerning whether everything with peanuts should go in the same pile, while Buffy kept stealing tiny boxes of Dots and tucking them under the couch cushions for later.

Once Spike had finished his hot chocolate with marshmallows, he paced back and forth making comments about the lateness of the hour and suggesting the candy could be organized in the morning. No one seemed to notice.

Joy lay on the couch, watching all the proceedings, until she finally fell asleep, her cheek wedged into the armrest where she had attempted to stay awake by propping her head up. Spike saw his opening when a drop of saliva threatened to drip from Joy’s mouth onto the upholstery. “Oi! Look at that, she’s drooling on the furniture!” he said, lunging forward to scoop the snoozing child into his arms and catching the shiny drop in mid-air. “She’s off to bed now,” he said, and then added, rather too emphatically, “and so should the rest of you.”

Buffy looked up from secreting yet another box of Dots. “Yeah,” she said, yawning, “I think it’s time to head for the barn.”

Grinning, Spike turned to address the rest of the crew “Well, that’s goodnight, then.” He followed Buffy eagerly down the hall. “Let’s get the Widget tucked in,” he said. “Then I’d like to show you something in the basement.”

Buffy nodded absent-mindedly as she helped Spike gently remove Joy’s costume and slip her into a pair of pajamas. Despite being lifted and rolled about, Joy never roused; instead she remained totally relaxed and blissfully sawing logs the whole time. Once they’d finished changing her, Buffy and Spike both stopped for a moment to stare at their child’s utterly peaceful face.

“She had the time of her life tonight, love,” Spike whispered, pulling the covers up to Joy’s chin. “I didn’t care much for the trip, but the destination was damn good.”

“The look on her face as she walked from house to house, holding your hand, was priceless,” Buffy agreed, smiling at him. “I’ve never seen her happier. She finally got to show off her gorgeous demon daddy!”

“Oh, yeah, about that” Spike said, curling his tongue behind his teeth and nailing Buffy with a smoldering look, “I need to show you something downstairs.”

Buffy looked a bit skeptical, but after leaning over to give Joy a kiss on the forehead, she said. “Lead on. I’m right behind you.”

*******

Buffy knew she had him the first time she jogged ahead. Bounding up the steps of the tidy colonial-style home, she stopped at the landing and turned to watch as Spike helped Joy climb the steep cement stairs. Buffy caught his gaze just before he looked down to watch as Joy mounted the next step. In that fraction of a second, she saw she’d successfully set her hook. Even in minimal light, the flash of amber was unmistakable.

As the evening progressed, the evidence her seduction was working only grew. Even without vampire senses, she could tell his breathing had accelerated. Spike never gave up breathing altogether, but the old habit was particularly noticeable when he became aroused. By the time they all got back to Dawn’s, he was huffing and puffing like a locomotive.

As she helped sort Joy’s loot, Buffy had watched with quiet amusement as Spike paced and fidgeted, the muscle in his jaw jumping as he clenched and unclenched his teeth in frustration. When he finally gathered Joy into his arms and announced it was time to retire, she was ready to make the next move. It would have been easy to suggest a game or start another argument about the candy, but the effects of hours of subtle seduction had begun to boomerang. She knew he wouldn’t miss the signs she was beginning to exhibit for long.

Rising from the couch, Buffy carefully smoothed down her short skirt. But as she preceded Spike down the hall to Joy’s room, confident his eyes were trained on her behind, she couldn’t help giving her hips a little extra sway.

The mood between them shifted as they shared the task of getting Joy changed and tucked into bed. Despite the routine domesticity of their home life, neither one could forget for long their daughter was a miracle, and the day’s events had been a rather terrifying reminder that Joy’s very existence was a manifestation of the supernatural.

But lust could never stay very far from the surface in their relationship, and Buffy’s comment about Joy’s “gorgeous demon daddy” was all the stimulus needed to bring attention back to the unresolved tension that had been building steadily between them. Pretending to be reluctant, Buffy was perfectly content to follow Spike down the basement steps, and she wasn’t at all surprised--or disappointed--to find herself pinned against the wall by a very horny vampire moments later.

******

Still holding the Velcro-equipped thong in his hand, Spike cocked his head to one side, squinted his eyes slightly, and sucked his cheeks in a pose that could melt steel. “I don’t know what turns me on more,” he said, slowly backing Buffy toward the wall again, “pretending you really are an innocent teenage cheerleader, who has no idea she’s producing hard-ons for a one mile radius every time her skirt flips, or the fact you planned this whole seduction down to the last detail.”

“Well, I don’t know about ‘every detail,’” Buffy countered, “but there definitely was a plan, and it appears to be working.”

Pressing his body against hers, Spike brought his lips within a hair’s breadth of Buffy’s ear. “So what’s next, little Slayer?” he asked, barely tracing a line down the side of her throat with his mouth.

Buffy shivered. “I thought we could kind of play it by ear from here,” she answered in a hoarse whisper.

Spike pulled back a bit to look at her, eyebrows raised. Then he took a quick look around the room. Although he could see just fine in the dark, Spike had lit the night-light on the stairs as he and Buffy descended. The large, mostly empty room was now dimly lit by the tiny light’s soft glow reflected in a wall of mirrors. Dawn had started out teaching her dance lessons here in her basement, yet what began as a few classes, morphed quickly into a dance school, and she was forced to move to a larger space. The basement, however, still looked like a dance studio—smooth wooden floors, a ballet barre running the length of the mirror covered wall, gymnastic mats piled neatly and a rack of costumes standing in the corner.

Buffy waited as Spike scanned the room, adding nothing. “You know, this whole evening reminds me of something,” he said, turning back to face her. “Back in Sunnydale when I used to watch you fight, I’d be hard as rock for hours on end. Didn’t matter if I was trying to kill you or fighting by your side. You were always such a cock tease—even when you didn’t know it.”

Buffy blushed. “Sometimes I knew,” she said, looking down, suddenly shy.

“Yeah, I finally got that memo,” Spike said, charmed at her reaction. He silently marveled that even after all the years they’d fought and fucked together, somehow she still held on to bits of the innocent girl from so long ago.

“Since you’ve got me worked into a right lather,” Spike continued, “I’d like to do what I always wanted to do back then.”

Buffy raised her eyes to his, just a touch of defiance visible in her gaze. “And what would that be?” she asked.

“I want to dance,” he replied.


Tbc…………

A/N: Gotcha! Maybe just a little? My superb beta, Addie Logan, liked the bit about the Dots. Must be some truth to that advice to write what you know. I love Dots, and I always tried to steal them from my kids' trick-or-treat bags. Now the little darlings are too old to let me get away with it. Damn!

Please review if you want me to keep writing. I'm a total slut for reviews.