Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Addie Logan for shring her beta skills.
“Dance?” Buffy asked. “If you mean what I think you mean…haven’t we been there, done that?”

“No, I don’t mean demolition derby style, not like the first time,” Spike said, running his hands lightly down her body and following their progress with a predatory sweep of his eyes. “I didn’t know where that was going when it began…or when it ended, for that matter. This is different. I want a seamless blend of violence, struggle and passion.”

“And a little poetry for good measure?”

“Wouldn’t hurt,” he said, smiling. “But it’s not strictly required.”

“Well, I can’t say I’m certain what you want here,” Buffy began, eyeing him with curiosity, “but I’m game.” Without even shifting her weight in warning, Buffy swept one leg under Spike’s and dropped him unceremoniously to the floor. “Am I on the right track?” she asked, meeting his surprised expression with a smug grin.

“I’d say,” he replied, twirling Buffy’s recently shed thong around his finger by its narrow elastic and leering up at her. “This is the view I was trying to catch all evening.”

Buffy, making no move to shield herself from Spike’s hungry gaze, laughed out loud. “You really are a pig, you know that don’t you?” she said.

“Yeah, that I do,” he replied, “and you love it!” Moving with vampire speed, Spike lunged forward. Scooping his hands under her skirt, he lifted Buffy off her feet and threw her across the room in one smooth motion. She landed with a thud on the gym mats stacked in the corner. Standing over her, Spike shook his head, “This might be more difficult than I thought,” he said. “It was all I could do to let go of your sweet little bum once I got my hands on it.”

Buffy grinned. “Well, sweetheart, I wouldn’t worry. You’re not going to get a hold of it again anytime soon.” In a flash, she kipped onto her feet from the mat and darted behind to send Spike flying with a blow to his back. It was Spike’s turn to hit the mat, face first this time.

Buffy wasted no time pinning him down, her body pressed over his. Holding him firmly in place, her lips were an inch from his ear when she whispered, “Comfy, honey?”

“Almost,” he answered. Eluding Buffy’s grip, he twisted beneath her, flipping them both over. The mat produced a loud snap as Buffy’s back hit it, knocking the breath from her lungs. Spike held his weight off her upper body until she regained her breath.

Grinning down at her he said, “That’s much better, thanks.”

“Nice try, fang face,” she said, burrowing into the mat to slide down and out from under her captor. Spike reached down to prevent her from escaping by grabbing onto her hips, but ended up with his fists full of nothing but cheerleader costume. Hearing the unmistakable sound of Velcro separating, he sighed and fell back onto the mat, defeated.

“Let me guess,” he said, holding out the garment in his hands. “This isn’t the uniform you wore when you were a cheerleader at Sunnydale High, is it?”

Buffy, dressed in nothing but her bra, shook her head. “No,” she said. “You obviously don’t remember R. J., the enchanted football player. Dawn thought he was the man of her dreams. Well, I guess we all thought that…anyway, she shredded my original uniform in a lovesick fit when she humiliated herself in front of him. I had that one made by a seamstress who specializes in costumes for strippers. Kind a cool, huh?”

“Yes, luv. It’s brilliant,” he agreed halfheartedly. Spike looked away but Buffy had already seen a small frown cross his features.

“What’s the matter?”

“Nothing, everything is just peachy,” he said, quickly installing a fake smile knowing that Buffy would not be fooled.

“Okay, spill,” she demanded.

Spike crossed the room to the rack of costumes and pulled a kimono off its hanger. “It’s really nothing, luv,” he began, his voice laced with resignation. “But I can tell you aren’t going to let it go.” He approached her, bringing the heavy silk around her shoulders in one smooth motion. “So, here, put this on. Don’t want you to get cold while you interrogate me.”

Returning to the mats, Spike stacked three of them on top of each other to create a seat against the wall. Sitting, he held out his arms to Buffy and beckoned her to join him. She wrapped the robe around herself and walked toward him, wearing a wary expression. “You gave in awful easy. Now you’ve got me worried.”

“Please, stop,” he said, gathering her into his arms as she settled onto his lap. “It’s bad enough I’m having this little tantrum. You worrying only makes it worse.”

“Just tell me then. I promise to stop worrying as soon as you tell me what’s got you bugged.”

“Buggered is more like!” Spike sighed. Burying his face in Buffy’s neck for a moment, he took a deep breath and looked her straight in the eye. “I don’t know what I am anymore, sweets. I thought what I wanted was a bit of the rough and tumble, but it’s just not working out the way I’d imagined. And then you pop up and trump my Big Bad bit with a wicked little strip act. I feel a fool, really, because now I think I’d rather have you sweet and gentle in our cozy bed. But I’ve got us down here now, and I have to admit all this to convince you to come back upstairs with me and forget the whole thing.”

“That’s it?” Buffy asked, placing her hands on either side of Spike’s face. “And you really don’t understand what’s going on?”

Spike, his mouth set in a grimace, just shook his head.

“Okay, listen carefully. You are not a pathetic loser for picking a pretend fight with me. You’re all worked up because you went after Joy ready to fight to the death. Instead, she pretty much handled the situation, and all you had to do was guide her home again. Which, by the way, took a lot of finesse. But you’re still left with whatever the vampire equivalent of adrenaline is stockpiled in your body and you need to get it out.” Buffy stopped and raised her eyebrows at Spike.

“I’m listening,” was all he said.

“Good. So you tried to work off the excess energy with me, earlier. But that didn’t quite do the job…for you; I mean… it was lovely for me. Anyway, you still have oodles of ya-yas to…you know…get rid of. So you thought you’d get me into a fun fight. But that didn’t work because you don’t want to really hurt me. Face it, kiddo, you need to hurt something. Your little girl was lost and frightened and you were ready to slay dragons to save her. But there were no dragons. So I say we go find some.”

“Dragons?”

“Well, no, probably not real dragons. But, you know, figurative dragons. Bad guys. Bad demons. Something you can hit and hurt, maybe even kill,” Buffy said, smiling brightly.

Spike looked at Buffy with awe. “You make it all so simple. How can I be absolutely transparent to you, and yet have not the slightest clue what I’m on about?”

“Hmmm, don’t tell me you’ve forgotten what I used to be like before my period? I was always the last one to figure out why I was so miserable,” Buffy said. “Unlike you, however, I usually tried to tear out the throat of anyone who dared suggest I was just hormonally impaired.”

“Yes, well, ordinary run of the mill blood lust has nothing on a Slayer with PMS,” Spike conceded, traces of a smile appearing at the corners of his mouth. “Now you’re talking truly evil.”

“Yeah! And I gotta say, much as I hate them, given a choice, I’d take hot flashes.”

“Speaking of which, luv, I haven’t noticed you getting all aglow for awhile. Have the power surges stopped?”

Buffy’s eyes opened wide. “You’re right; I haven’t had one for…I don’t know…the last one was back in London. That wasn’t that long ago, but hey, even a day is much longer than I usually go. Wow! Could they be over? Oh, no…can’t say that! They’ll come back! They could you know, they could just come back. No sense worrying about that now, though, I’ll just enjoy it as long as they stay away. Even if it’s temporary, it’s so incredibly wonderful…at least for now.”

Spike nuzzled Buffy’s neck. “For your sake, I hope they’ve stopped for good, luv,” he said. “But you know I never minded cooling you off?”

“Minded? No, I’d have to say you rather enjoyed it!”

“Yeah, that I did. And speaking of which…since we’re here and you’re practically naked already…well, you know…perhaps before we go in search of dragons we could…you know.”

Buffy was already keenly aware of a hardening bulge that was becoming increasingly obvious under her bottom. She reached down and quickly unbuttoned Spike’s fly while shifting her weight just enough to turn around, straddling his lap. Buffy let the kimono fall open as she freed Spike’s cock, her expression of pure and wanton lust illuminated in the soft glow of the nightlight.

Both Spike’s eyes and hands were drawn immediately to Buffy’s naked breasts. “Hey, what happened to your bra…” he began to ask, brushing his palms upward to catch one soft globe in each. “No, wait, don’t tell me. More Velcro, right?”

Buffy nodded as she wrapped both hands around Spike’s erection and gazed into his eyes. “You do approve don’t you?” she asked.

Closing his eyes, as he surrendered to the sensation of her small hands expertly pumping his throbbing cock, Spike smiled. “Yes, Velcro is the best bloody invention of the fucking century. Remind me to buy us some stock in it.”

“I’ll do that. But right now, not thinking about our stock portfolio so much.”

“No, luv, me neither.”

Tbc…..

A/N: I hope you’re happy with that. It took me long enough to write! Please take a moment to send me some love. I’ve got two careers going at the moment and while I love to write I’m finding it hard to find the time. The more encouragement I get from you the more I’m going to want to write. It’s not blackmail, it’s just the truth. Thanks and Happy New Year!