Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm still having fun with this one. Please do review.
It was mere moments between their departure from Dawn’s living room and arrival in Giselle’s home dimension. The nanny’s family greeted the travelers and immediately asked them to extend their visit until the next day, and Willow enthusiastically endorsed the idea of a layover. She couldn’t be sure exactly how long Joy needed to stay in the alternate dimension to prevent splitting apart again, no one wanted to take any chances, and Giselle’s relations were clearly ready, willing and able to offer very gracious hospitality to the little band of visitors. With almost no discussion, they all agreed to accept the invitation.

Giselle’s seventeen siblings gathered nearby as soon as word of Joy’s arrival spread. Although capable of adopting any form, it would have been considered extremely rude for Giselle or her siblings to assume anything other than a humanoid shape when entertaining human guests. While none of the locals could match a normal human flesh tone, they managed a pleasing assortment of plums, lavenders, and burgundies. But except for these slight variations in color, Giselle’s brothers and sisters all looked very much alike in their humanoid form, with the only differences discernable between the males and females.

Before introducing her brothers and sisters to Joy, Giselle explained to her that they would all look just like her. Knowing their identical appearance might still prove disconcerting, Giselle shape-shifted herself a fuzzy, lime green sweater so the little girl would always know which one of the nine sisters was her very own nanny. Joy listened intently to Giselle’s explanation and then implemented her own strategy for avoiding any mistaken identity by sitting stiffly on Giselle’s lap, a fistful of the fuzzy, green sweater in one hand, as each of the seventeen siblings came forward to touch her other hand in greeting

Buffy, Spike and Willow watched when Giselle’s family gathered around Joy as if she were visiting royalty. Spike used his superior hearing to monitor the steady thump of Joy’s heart - an unobtrusive means of assessing her reaction to the crowd of look-alikes. Poised to swoop in and remove her in literally the space of a heartbeat, Spike was absolutely still as he listened to his little girl’s reaction to the crush of well-wishers. Unfazed, Joy’s little ticker never registered more than excitement. And, when Giselle’s family began to tell stories of her beloved nanny’s youth, Joy’s pulse returned to normal.

Spike took an unneeded breath when Joy leaned back, molding herself into the crook of Giselle’s arm. Convinced their little girl was going to be busy for quite a while, he looked around for a comfortable place for the three of them wait. But Giselle’s family had other plans.

Parents in this dimension are held in very high esteem for the exhausting effort required to raise a pod of eighteen offspring. While only one or two children from each pod become parents, the remaining child-free adults are expected to contribute to the well-being of the next generation. They do this by pitching in to baby sit, cook, clean, and otherwise assist in keeping house for the parents and their children. The community also maintains vacation cottages especially designed to provide privacy, respite and relaxation for parents.

Even though Spike and Buffy had only one child, Giselle’s relations applied the same philosophy to caring for them. With Joy happily occupied, it was simply assumed they would want to be alone. Knowing Joy was perfectly safe and content, Spike and Buffy waved goodbye to Willow and allowed themselves to be escorted a short distance to a small secluded house surrounded with a beautiful garden. Their hosts took them as far as the door and then quickly departed, briefly touching Spike and Buffy’s hands as they left. The soft click of the door sounded behind Giselle’s retreating relations as Spike and Buffy turned wide-eyed to survey their temporary quarters.

The first thing Buffy noticed was the thick, plush carpet covering the floor. Without a word she slipped out of her shoes and dug her toes into the soft pile. Spike dropped their little duffle bag on the floor and plopped down onto a velvet-upholstered couch. Leaning back into a dozen plush, squishy pillows he sighed audibly.

“Gotta’ give inter-dimensional travel its due, luv,” he said sinking even deeper into the sofa. “Setting aside our recent misadventures, I could easily get used to this.”

“I know what you mean,” Buffy replied, her voice slightly muffled. “This place is amazing.”

Spike looked over to see Buffy, now stripped to her underwear, sprawled prone on the carpet. “Buffy, luv, you look ever so fetching in those skivvies,” he said, voice already husky with lust. “But you’d look even better over her on this comfy sofa.”

“Liar!” she replied, writhing slowly on the floor. “You always say you hate this bra and panties. You called them ‘useful,’ the last time I wore them.”

Spike sat up looking mildly confused. “I’m sure the word was ‘utilitarian.’”

“More than likely,” Buffy agreed, “because you would be the guy who insists on words with extra syllables even when they mean exactly the same thing.”

“Well I am sorry if I disparaged your knickers. I don’t know what I was thinking,” he added, caressing the luxurious upholstery with both hands. “But what I really want to know is why you won’t come over here?”

"Hmmm. I could ask you the same thing. Do you think that sofa is enchanted?”

Spike growled softly as he rolled back into the cushions. “Arghhhhhhhh! If I didn’t feel so blooding fucking fantastic, I’d be really pissed off right now.”

“So that would be a ‘yes’?”

“’Fraid so, my love,” he said, turning onto his side to observe Buffy as she rubbed the front of her body against the carpet. “What are we going to do about it?”

“I don’t know. It’s really hard to think when I’m this turned on.”

Spike was too busy removing his own clothes to respond immediately. Once he’d shed his boots, shirt, and jeans, he wasted no time taking his erection in hand. Eyes glued to his brazenly self-pleasuring wife, Spike stroked his impressive length firmly from bottom to top.

“I know what you mean, luv,” he said, finally. “Whatever this spell is, I don’t think it was calibrated for humans or vampires.”

Buffy groaned as her fingers reached into the front of her panties. “Yeah, well whoever cast it was way into interior decorating because it’s concentrated in the furniture.”

Watching Buffy’s hand move up and down in her pussy, Spike didn’t have to touch her to know she was dripping wet. Expertly pumping his throbbing member, Spike struggled to come up with a solution to their dilemma. “So, maybe we can meet halfway if we don’t try to break contact with the high quality pile and fabric.”

“We can try,” Buffy said, panting as her fingers rhythmically thrummed her now engorged clit, “in a minute.”

Spike’s affirmative response was more of a strangled roar as his climax coincided with Buffy’s.

Momentarily spent, they paused for only an instant before beginning to crawl toward each other. Spike, by sliding down onto the carpet, while keeping one foot firmly against the sofa cushion. Buffy, by pulling herself forward, without actually rising from the floor. They tangled into a feverish embrace when they met in the middle.

“I bloody well hope these demons thought to enchant the bed,” Spike said as he picked up Buffy and lurched toward the bedroom.

“I thought you hated magicks,” she said, reaching down to squeeze his butt with one hand.

“Yeah, you’re right. I don’t care for being out of control,” he said, without removing his mouth from her neck. “But if I have to be out of control, this is definitely the way to go.”

*******
“So, let me see if I have this straight,” Tom said slowly. “Your sister is a Vampire Slayer, your brother-in-law is a vampire, Willow’s a witch, and you’re a key that opens portals to alternate dimensions like the one their nanny comes from. Is that right?”

Dawn pursed her lips and nodded. “Yeah, you’ve got the gist.”

“What about Joy? Is she also…unusual?”

Dawn shrugged. “We don’t really know,” she began. “She seems normal so far. But it might be too early to tell. Her mother didn’t develop powers until puberty. Joy’s origins are unique so we can’t really be sure about anything.”

Tom sighed. “Well at least for now I can count on there’re being at least one other person without supernatural powers at family gatherings.”

“So, it looks like you’re not totally wigging out on me,” Dawn said, smiling but with her eyebrows raised. “Is that because you’re really accepting my whole bizarre family or do you just think you’re asleep and this is all a strange dream?”

“Neither,” Tom said, gently pulling Dawn’s naked body against his as he settled back into the pillows of her bed. “I think it’s largely because of the way you demonstrated how most of you works just like a real girl,” he said chuckling. “That, and the fact that you fucked my brains out so I have no gray matter left with which to ‘wig’.”

“All part of my evil plan,” Dawn said, nuzzling Tom’s neck and sliding her leg over his. “I’m so glad it’s working.”

“Yeah,” Tom replied, “but for the record, I want you to know I didn’t buy that bit about Giselle being from Ethiopia.”

“Duly noted,” Dawn said, reaching around under the sheets for something firm to hang onto. “Now, do you have any objection to continuing the demonstration?”

“You mean there’s more?” he asked, grinning.

Tbc…….

A/N: Let me know what you think of this chapter. I love to hear from readers.