Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, here we go folks. My first real smutty scene is in this chapter. It's tame by Spuffy standards, but it is graphic enough to warrant a special warning to my daughter! So, Bearina, be warned! Please take a moment to give me feedback. This is a big step for me and I need to know how I'm doing.
Spike was silent for a long moment. Buffy waited, not breathing, to see how he would react to learning why their daughter was so intent on going to California for Halloween. She didn’t know what to expect.

“Well bugger me blind!” Spike sputtered. “This takes the fuckin’ cake doesn’t it? Just when I thought I knew what was what.”

Buffy withdrew from him a bit, stunned by his outburst. “Sweetie, what do you mean? You’re disappointed? What’s wrong?”

“Wrong? Nothing’s bloody wrong, except I can’t seem to count on a single thing that really matters. Nothing’s wrong. It’s all just too bloody right!”

Buffy shook her head for a moment, trying to clear the confusion. “Whoa, slow down, cowboy. You better back up and let me in on what’s going on in that bleached head of yours. I’m lost.”

Spike looked up, a dazed expression clouding his eyes. “Sorry, pet. I guess I skipped a few steps back there. I can explain. I think.”

Buffy scooted back to Spike’s side. “Good. Start with the ‘splainin’, I’m all ears.”

Spike propped two pillows against the headboard and leaned into them as he put his arm around Buffy. More comfortable now, he took a deep, calming breath, and brushed the hair back from her temple before kissing it softly. “I don’t know if you are aware, love, that I often leave you here at night while you are ‘sawing logs’ and creep into the Widget’s room.” He stopped and leaned down to look at Buffy’s face, gauging her reaction. She shrugged.

“I know that you get up sometimes. I suppose I know that it’s not to use the bathroom. But I never really thought much about what you do. You are a vampire, you know, creature of the night and all that.” She mirrored his earlier move and craned her neck a bit to look at him. “Didn’t seem so strange to me. But I don’t know what this is about me ‘sawing logs.’ I do not snore.”

“I really should bring a recorder up here to catch you ‘not snoring’ on tape!” he retorted. “But whether or not you snore, I do get up. And when I do, I go into Joy’s room, and I look at her. I just stand there by her bed and watch her sleep. She’s a wonder when she’s awake, but when she’s sleeping I can just fill myself up with loving her, and I am so supremely happy.” Despite his words Spike’s expression remained serious as he spoke.

“Then I come back in here, and I do the same thing, watching you sleep. I didn’t think I could be any happier than that – knowing both of you are safe and both of you are mine.” Buffy could here the emotion choking Spike’s voice. She brought his hand to her lips, kissed it, and then looked up expectantly, waiting for him to continue.

“But this, this…development is something I’ve never dreamed of – not in my wildest imaginings -- I don’t know if I can bear it. I already have so much to lose. It scares me more than any demon I’ve ever encountered. There it is: a Master Vampire brought down by the unqualified love of a little chit who still has trouble tying her shoelaces.”

“Okay, now I get it.” Buffy sighed, “I love you.”

“I know,” Spike said, his tone teasing, “That’s kind of what I’ve been talking about.”

Buffy laughed and snuggled even closer, “You know you’re going to have to talk to her tomorrow?”

“Yup, I have to figure out how to get her to give up on this trip idea.”

“Yeah, well good luck with that, I’ve never seen her like this. You’ve got your work cut out for you!”

“As you know, sweetling, I can be very persuasive if I want to be. Right now, for example, I’m going to persuade you to get rid of this nightgown,” Spike smirked. “Unless you’d like me to take care of it myself…”

“No, we’ll have none of that, thank you. I don’t need another shredded item of clothing.” Buffy wiggled away from Spike’s side long enough to slip the offending garment over her head, dropping it to the floor before she snuggled back under the covers. Spike joined her, pulling her body close to his as they both sunk into the pillows.

“Ah, better, much better,” he murmured into her hair. Spike inhaled deeply, filling his nostrils with Buffy’s scent as he slid his hand down the curve of her back and just below the firm swell of her bum.

“This here, this is a lovely spot,” he said, giving her bottom a gentle squeeze. “I don’t know if I’ve ever told you how much I like this particular little handful, right here.” He followed another squeeze with a caress that pulled Buffy’s pelvis flush with his. She moaned softly when he increased the pressure, his erection trapped between their bodies, as he used one hand on each of her butt cheeks to slowly rotate her flat little belly against the hard length of his cock.

Buffy pulled Spike’s face down to hers, bruising his lips with the force of her kiss. It never failed to surprise her just how quickly he could turn her to mush. A few husky words and a little petting was usually all it took. She could feel the moisture pooling in the folds of her vulva and knew his sensitive nose had probably already registered her arousal. Confirmation came only a moment later when she heard him growl and felt his lips latch onto her nipple. He sucked the smooth flesh hungrily until it was pebbled in a pert peak, releasing just long enough to slather it with saliva, then licked up and down the slippery point with slow, teasing laps of his tongue. His fingers had just begun to spread Buffy’s fragrant lubricant over the external lips of her vagina when her body suddenly stiffened and she began to push him away.

“Crapdoodle!” she exclaimed, in frustration. “I’m having another hot flash.”

“S’okay, baby,” Spike crooned, pulling away just enough to separate his skin from hers. He’d discovered early on that when a hot flash hit while making love his body wouldn’t provide any relief until he’d let it cool off a bit. “Gives me a chance just to look at you.”

He removed the covers while taking a deep breath so he could blow cool air over her. A fine sheen of perspiration reflected the flickering candlelight on the surface of her skin. He gathered her hair from over her shoulders, pulling it gently away from where it had begun to stick to her face. Spike blew a cool breath over her shiny collarbones and across her throat, and then descended to send another breath over her breasts. Buffy’s nipples tightened into points, and she sighed as she stretched her arms and legs out to maximize contact with the cool breeze. Spike continued down her body, blowing gently across her ribs, her overheated stomach, down her thighs and calves, even sending a puff of air over the instep of each foot. The whole time he carefully avoided touching her, more than content just to look.

“Better now, love?” he asked, as he returned to the top of the bed, lying down next to her, still without touching.

“Yes, sweetheart, thank you, that is so much better.”

“No need to thank me, pet,” he said, smiling lasciviously. “But I think you’d better be warned. You’ve given me some ideas that could reverse the recent cooling trend.”

“No problem, Mr. Climate Change Man, I’m all ready for some global warming.”

“Good, I’m going to begin by bringing my cool front in contact with your high pressure zone.”

“Mmmmmmm, sounds yummy!”

****************
Joy roused from her slumber and sat up in her bed. She looked over to where a nightlight illuminated the cat mask perched on her bedside table. She reached over, turning it slightly to one side so it faced her. Settling back into her pillows, she smiled as she gazed at the mask, then closed her eyes and resumed her dreams.

Tbc…..

I've created a yahoo list for people who want to know about updates. You can subscribe at: satindollie-subscribe@yahoogroups.com