Author's Chapter Notes:
Notice of updates can be had by joining my listserv at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/satindollie
The next morning Spike and Buffy dragged their mattress back onto its platform before sharing a shower. “Hey, Fang Boy,” Buffy said as she soaped his back, “how did our bed end up across the room anyway?” He reached behind him to slide his arm between their bodies, gently tangling his fingers in the soft thatch of curls between her legs.

“That was your idea, love,” he said. “Something to do with getting better traction by planting your feet against the base of the bed. What, don’t you remember?”

“It’s all a little blurry, actually. I think you bewitched me!”

Spike turned all the way around, pretending to be shocked. “I’ve never used a thrall on you, Buffy, and I never will. That would be cheating. Besides, I prefer to use my incredible good looks and acrobatic tongue to bend you to my will.” When Spike licked his lips and raised his eyebrow seductively Buffy had to laugh.

“Well, you bent me alright! I think you nearly broke me,” she said as she returned to the task of applying a coat of slippery suds to Spike’s chiseled chest. “You drive me so crazy. It’s a good thing we’ve removed all but the essentials from our bedroom. I can only imagine the breakage if we had any other furniture in there.”

“I don’t suppose you really care to recall, love,” Spike reminded her, “but you systematically destroyed all of the now absent nonessentials to which you are referring. I agree, however. I don’t need anything in our bedroom but you and a comfy bed.”

Spike let the shower spray rinse the last of the soap from his chest. He then tipped his chin down to catch Buffy’s lips in a kiss as he gripped her firmly by the waist, pulling her body against his. She smiled, placed her hands firmly on his shoulders for leverage and lifted herself effortlessly off the floor of the shower, wrapping her legs around his body for support. “Looks like you can do all right without the bed,” she purred into his ear.

Spike grinned, bouncing her a little higher until the tip of his cock was pressed against her slick pussy lips. She sighed, gave a small wiggle, and they both gasped out loud as he slid in up to the hilt. “You, my dear, are all I’ll ever need,” he said, as he began to thrust slowly in and out, the warm water washing over them.


********
Later, the two clean and sated lovers descended together to the basement. “I know Dawn said we should go ahead and sleep in,” Buffy said. “She and Joy had some sort of project to work on. But I think we may have ‘slept in’ a little longer than she expected.”

“No worries, love. Dawn and the Widget never have any trouble finding things to keep them busy.” Spike assured her. “I just hope Dawn hasn’t pumped her up any more about Halloween. It’s going to be enough of a let down for her as it is.”

Joy looked up as soon as Buffy and Spike entered the room. She was sitting on the carpet surrounded by colorful scraps of cloth. “Come on Mommy,” she called, “you can help put them in rainbow order!” Buffy looked at Spike who rolled his eyes. Neither one could quite believe how Joy had taken to putting everything she could into rainbow order. She always knew if anyone used her markers because they invariably failed to return them to the correct sequence of colors. It would have worried them, but Joy didn’t seem to get overly compulsive about anything else.

Buffy joined Joy on the carpet and tried to help her sort the fabric scraps. Joy corrected her when she got it wrong, patiently moving the misplaced piece to another location.

Dawn was sitting at the sewing machine with what Buffy recognized as a pair of Joy’s pajamas. “Hey, you two,” she laughed. “I was beginning to think you were never coming down!” She held up her handiwork with a flourish. “Look what we did to Joy-Joy’s jammies.” Buffy stared in amazement. Dawn had transformed the striped pajamas into a one-piece kitty costume, complete with tail.

“Wow! Dawnie, I’m never going to get used to how talented you are with a sewing machine.” Buffy exclaimed.

“Oh, Buffy, this was easy. I’ve had so much experience making costumes out of practically nothing this was no challenge at all. The pant legs were really loose so we just made them a little narrower and I used the extra fabric for the tail.”

“Can I try on my costume Auntie Dawnie?” Joy asked. “I want Papa and Mommy to see how I’m going to look for Hall’ween!”

‘Well, so much for an easy letdown,’ Spike thought.

“Sure, Joy-Joy.” Dawn replied, “Let’s show them what a cute kitty you’ll make!”

As Dawn helped Joy into her costume she explained to Buffy and Spike that they would have to imagine the white gloves she would be wearing. “When I get home I’ll find a pair that will fit Joy,” Dawn said. “I must have a dozen pairs in my costume closet. It’s just a matter of tracking them down.”

Buffy and Spike exchanged looks. This was not of the good. Dawn was clearly as convinced as Joy that she would be in California for Halloween. But, before they could do or say anything to correct the misunderstanding, Joy peeked out from behind her aunt, costume on and mask in place.

“Meow, meow!” she said. “Do you recognize me, Papa? Can you tell it’s me?”

It was impossible not to smile at the adorable striped kitty looking up at them. Spike scooped Joy up in his arms and swung her around. “Of course I know it’s you Widget. But I bet you could fool your friends from school. It’s an excellent costume, very cat-like!”

Buffy moved close beside Spike. “Hey that kitty cat looks a lot like our little girl. I wonder if the kitty is ticklish in the same places as our Joy-Joy.” Buffy gave Joy a quick tickle under her ribs and got a squealing giggle in response. “Okay little kitty, you stay here and play with Papa while Auntie Dawnie and I start making breakfast. I hope you like waffles because I feel like making waffles.”

Buffy pointed her finger at her sister. “You come with me. I’d like some help with breakfast and we need to talk.” Dawn could tell there was no point in resisting the summons. She shrugged at Spike and Joy and followed Buffy to the door. Just before leaving the room Buffy gave Spike a meaningful look. “You know what you need to do, Fang Boy. Get to it.”

Buffy spent the next half hour explaining to Dawn that a trip to California for Halloween was a non-starter. Spike was absolutely adamant about limiting portal travel to essential business, he and Buffy had just returned from an exhausting mission and needed time at home to decompress, Joy was too young to trick-or-treat, and the candy would ruin her teeth. Dawn was disappointed but she accepted Buffy’s edict after only a few attempts at counter arguments. Ultimately there was no contest; Buffy and Spike were Joy’s parents, she was just her aunt. The aunt, Dawn thought ruefully, who had inadvertently created a situation that was destined to sadden her beloved niece.

When Buffy heard Spike and Joy approaching the kitchen she steeled herself; her least favorite part of parenting was facing an unhappy child. It always felt like a knife turning in her guts when she witnessed Joy in tears—an experience that could only be worse if she had any part in causing the distress. Joy was going to be deeply disappointed, and Buffy wasn’t looking forward to seeing her little girl miserable. Dawn knew that Spike was breaking the bad news to Joy downstairs. So they both busied themselves with breakfast preparations and tried to look nonchalant as the two approached.

Tbc…