Author's Chapter Notes:
I've been juggling a million things. Job, family, second job, volunteering, being sick (again!). So I must apologize for the long gap between chapters. I can't promise the next one will be much sooner. I appreciate your patience.



The sound was unlike anything she'd ever heard; not a growl or a roar, but something in between – a low, rolling snarl. Whatever it was, it was definitely a warning. If the sound hadn’t been coming from Spike, Buffy would already be in a battle stance. Of course, that would be quite a trick as she was currently pinned to her bed with what felt like bands of steel around each bicep and Spike’s hard, muscled body pressed over the length of hers.

The sound subsided for a moment as Spike managed to choke out a few actual words, his voice tight behind clenched teeth. "You set him loose, Buffy, only you can tame him now,” his lips close to her ear. “Just tell me to stop, and I'll stop. But if you're going to say it, say it now. I can't hold the demon back much longer."

Buffy tried to calm herself with a deep breath, but Spike’s weight on her chest prevented her lungs from expanding. Settling for a shallow inhalation, she let the last vestiges of reserve fall away “What if I don’t want you to stop?” she asked, her voice thin and breathy. “What if I want you just as much as your demon wants me?”

Spike’s response was instantaneous and entirely nonverbal. He lifted his weight long enough to draw his hand over her body, slicing through both camisole and pants with one swift pass of his razor sharp claws. Buffy gasped as she felt her clothes disintegrate into shreds. Before she could draw another breath, Spike lifted her out of her ruined clothing and placed her gently in the center of the bed. He pulled back, kneeling at the foot of the bed and let his amber eyes rake over her.

Buffy had never witnessed Spike in this partially transformed state. His eyes and claws were pure demon, but his face remained smooth, his fangs invisible. She watched fascinated as he subdued the demon enough to let his human features reassert themselves, the amber glow of his eyes replaced by dark blue, leaving just a trace of gold flecks visible in the dim light of her room.

“You alright, luv?” he asked softly, drawing his now clawless fingers along the curve of her hip and following their progress with his eyes. “I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

“No, I’m fine,” she answered, a bit breathless, but otherwise unscathed. “But that trick you did with my pajamas, that’s gonna be a one time thing.”

“I’m sorry,” he said. “I had to see you. You’ve no idea how many times I’ve dreamed of you like this. I still can’t believe it’s really happening. And now that I finally get to make love to you, I don’t know where to begin. I’ve never seen anything so beautiful in my unlife. Your skin…it’s like molten gold.”

Buffy blushed and Spike groaned. “Oi, Buffy, I didn’t think it was possible, but you’re even lovelier when you go all pink like that.” In a flash he left his perch at the end of the bed and was at her side. “You must be getting whiplash from watching me bounce back and forth between my demon and whoever this gobsmacked git is who keeps taking his place. You know, luv, I’m usually more integrated than this. You seem to provoke my extremes.”

Buffy reached up and placed her hand on Spike’s cheek. “I like your extremes,” she said. “And even though your demon talks tough, I don’t think he’d hurt me, would he?”

“Not on purpose, luv,” he said, inhaling deeply and nuzzling her hand. “But maybe we should have some new ground rules.”

“Hmm, yeah,” Buffy agreed, looking down at her state of undress. “I don’t think ‘clothes on’ is going to make it on the list this time.”

“I was really just thinking ‘no biting,’” Spike said, twisting a strand of Buffy’s hair in his fingers, he slowly lifted the hair from her neck exposing her jugular artery to his hungry gaze. “Unless, you’d like to try it.” At Buffy’s alarmed expression, he grinned. “Didn’t think so. But that means no nibbling of any kind, by anyone. I can’t vouch for my demon if he thinks you’ve initiated something. You understand?”

“Yes, Spike, I understand,” Buffy said. “But now I think I owe you something.”

Spike looked confused. “I owe you a kiss,” Buffy said. “Remember? I promised you a kiss so you’d listen.”

“Oh, thank god,” Spike said, sighing with relief. “Yes, you owe me a kiss. And I’d like to collect it right now and put this annoying Victorian gentleman on hiatus while I take advantage of you. Would you find that agreeable, Mistress Buffy?”

“Yes,” she gasped, a split second before Spike scooped his hands under her bottom and pulled her body against his, simultaneously finding her lips with his.

Buffy’s hands went instantly to Spike’s hair. Tangling her fingers in his curls, she held his mouth firmly against hers. She could feel him laughing as he tried to pull free. “Don’t worry, luv,” he said, barely containing his mirth. “I’m not going anywhere this time.” Then he caught her already swollen lips and set about the serious business of kissing her good and proper.

As Spike lavished attention on Buffy’s mouth, his hands began to explore the rest of her, starting with her bare bottom. He reveled in the warmth and suppleness of her diminutive yet muscled body. To think I imagined visiting heaven was out of the question, he mused before he succumbed to a passionate embrace sweeter than any he had ever known.

Buffy melted into Spike’s kiss. Totally focused on the taste, texture and teasing play of his lips, she was caught by surprise when an unexpected jolt of pleasure shot through her from another quarter. Never having experienced anything like it before, Buffy froze, her lips suddenly still against Spike’s. He, on the other hand, had observed both her reaction and its source. To confirm his discovery he repeated the motion, barely ghosting his hands over the smooth globes of Buffy’s derriere. He was instantly rewarded when her whole body trembled and another blissful frisson coursed through her.

Buffy opened her eyes to find Spike gazing down at her, gold flames flashing in his eyes. “That was new, wasn’t it?” he asked, knowing the answer. Buffy nodded, embarrassed at her naïveté. He watched as fat tears appeared on her cheeks, quickly pooled and ran down her face in twin rivers. A fraction of a second before she could lurch off the bed, Spike anticipated Buffy’s move and he wrapped his arms around her body to hold her close before she could struggle away.

“Buffy, darling,” he pleaded, “don’t run. Just tell me what happened.” She shook her head violently back and forth and pressed her lips firmly together, refusing to speak. “Please,” he begged, beside himself with regrets for what he didn’t know. “I did something, I know I did, but I don’t know what it was. I’m sorry. I would never hurt you. You’ve got to believe me. I didn’t mean it, whatever it was!”

Buffy stopped thrashing and Spike loosened his grip a little to give her a bit of breathing room. Convinced she was now calm enough to listen, he began to repeat his entreaties. But Buffy brought her hand to his lips, placing her fingers gently over his mouth. Spike got the hint and stopped talking.

Spike thought he felt his heart spasm when Buffy looked up at him with such a sad expression, her face streaked and her eyes full of still more unshed tears. Her lips parted and she tried to speak, but she had to cast her eyes down again to rally the nerve. “I’m sorry,” she whispered. “You didn’t do anything. I’m just…I’m…just so...ignorant. And you’ve been doing…this… for a hundred years and I don’t know anything – not even my own body - and I’m…I’m afraid that I’m not going to be very good.” She stopped for a moment and, still looking away, finally admitted the truth. “I want so much to please you…and you don’t even want to take off your clothes.”

Spike put his fingers under Buffy’s chin and tipped her face up to his. She stubbornly kept her eyes nearly closed. “Buffy,” he said, in the voice that could turn her knees to Jello all by itself. “Sweetheart, luv, you’ve got the whole thing backwards.” Grinning from ear to ear, Spike ducked his head to plant a kiss on the tip of Buffy’s nose. “Oh, little one,” he whispered, “I’m gonna have the time of my unlife sorting out all the bells and whistles on you.” He laughed, a rich, rumbling chortle. “The time of my bloody unlife!” Buffy finally looked up at him, still uncertain but a bit less embarrassed.

“The fact that I could be your first real lover – the one who gets to introduce you to all the ways we can touch and thrill each other – that’s an amazing gift. I’m surprised none of those gits noticed the dedicated circuit that goes from your luscious bum straight to your pleasure center…but the fact no one found it before me only makes it sweeter.”

Buffy managed the beginnings of a tight little smile, but remained mute. “And, as for the clothes,” Spike continued. “I’m leaving them on so I can take this as slowly as possible. Too much skin-to-skin contact and I’d be a goner. I want to see to you before I take a turn,” he said, winking at her. “You’re not the only one who doesn’t want to disappoint. Besides, a gourmet lucky enough to eat in a four star restaurant doesn’t wolf down his meal.” Loosening his arms, Spike pulled back to give himself another eyeful of Buffy’s gloriously naked body. “No, luv,” he said, bringing his gaze back to her face. “He feasts first with his eyes. Then he savors every morsel,” he added, softly brushing her lips with his. “And he revels in every mouthful,” he said, kissing his way to the spot just beneath her ear. “And he relishes every taste,” he concluded, licking up to her earlobe and worrying it gently with his lips.

Although Buffy’s blush was barely visible in the dark room, Spike could feel, hear, and smell the blood as it surged to just beneath the surface of her skin. “See, right there,” he said, nearly swooning with the nearness of all that intoxicating Slayer’s blood, “if you were more experienced and worldly I wouldn’t be able to make you blush. That is not what I would call an improvement.”

Buffy finally beamed a real smile at Spike as she stretched up to kiss him full on the mouth. Raising her eyes to his again, she asked, “What did you mean by ‘see to' me?”

His eyes darkening with lust, Spike grinned. “That, little one, is something I’ll just have to show you.”


Tbc…..

A/N: Let me know what you think!