Author's Chapter Notes:
This was meant to be the last chapter of this tale. But our lovers just would not cooperate!



Dawn lay in her bed wide awake, again. Since the onset of Joyce’s illness, Dawn remained on full alert status whenever she was the only one home with her Mom. After several nights of attempting unsuccessfully to sleep, an exhausted Dawn finally established a pattern of waiting until Buffy returned from her nightly patrol before she’d even try to fall asleep. That, however, couldn’t explain why she was sleepless in Sunnydale tonight. Buffy had been home since shortly after sunset, never even leaving for patrol.

After Buffy said goodnight and climbed the stairs, Dawn had made herself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Later, when she passed Buffy’s closed door, Dawn observed no light leaking out at the threshold and assumed Buffy was already asleep. She showered, donned her pajamas and climbed into bed fully expecting to drift off without any effort. An hour later she was still wide awake. Why?

Dawn reviewed the evening. Despite Buffy’s apparent willingness to answer all of her questions, Dawn was still perplexed by her sister’s odd behavior. Showing up at home dressed exactly like her dangerously hot vampire nemesis, letting him cook for her, and then there was the whole Bobbsey Twins incident.

Dawn suddenly sat up as she realized she hadn’t gotten a good explanation for any of it. Buffy’s answers were merely plausible. Slumber was proving elusive because big sister had cheated her out of any real answers. “Inquiring minds continue to inquire,” Dawn grumbled to herself, “if all they get are bogus responses to perfectly reasonable questions!” Clear now that Buffy was to blame for her inability to sleep, Dawn slipped out of bed and went in search of answers, better answers. “Why should she get any rest when she’s the cause of my insomnia?” Dawn thought, as she padded down the hall to Buffy’s room.

Dawn’s hand was already reaching for the doorknob when she froze in confusion. The voice coming from inside her sister’s room was unmistakable. Even without understanding any of the words, the low-pitched rumble could be no one else. “Spike! What the hell is Spike doing in Buffy’s room?” Dawn thought.

But instead of bursting into the room to protect the far from defenseless Slayer from the bloodthirsty vampire, Dawn stood absolutely still. Her eyes were wide, but less in fear than fascination. “Spike is in Buffy’s room with the lights off,” she thought. “And it doesn’t sound like they’re fighting.”

******

Nearly faint from the intoxicating fragrance of Buffy’s blush, it took a few moments before Spike’s vampire senses picked up the sound of Dawn’s madly beating heart just outside the bedroom door. He instantly stopped talking and pulled away from Buffy’s embrace, simultaneously placing two fingers on her lips. Buffy whimpered at the sudden loss of contact, but he pursed his mouth to mime “shush” and pointed at the door. Instantly quiet, Buffy listened intently for a few seconds, hearing only silence. Spike placed his hand over her heart and lightly thumped it to let her know what he was hearing. Her eyes got wide and her eyebrows shot up in question. This time he mimed something she recognized as “little bit,” and Buffy sighed without making any sound.

They faced each other in the dark, not moving or speaking. Unable to talk and too distracted to do anything else, Buffy looked at Spike’s moonlit face just inches from hers, smiling when she remembered how she had ogled him in the library. Spike smiled back and then moved his lips, making no sound, but clearly saying, “I love you.”

Buffy’s breath caught in her throat for a moment, then she responded in kind. “I love you too,” she mouthed, her lips trembling a bit.

Spike blinked, shook his head slightly and then grinned. “Say it again,” he mouthed.

Buffy laughed silently, “What? I didn’t say anything!” she replied, her hands wide in an exaggerated gesture of confusion, again without sound. But she quickly relented when his eyes narrowed and he silently threatened to let Dawn in on their secret. “I love you,” she said again. He took a deep unnecessary breath and closed his eyes, his lips pursed as though he had tasted something absolutely delicious.

****

Dawn remained in the hall for several minutes. She knew without a molecule of doubt that Spike was in Buffy’s room. Dawn heard nothing and made no extraneous noise, but she was only too aware of the loud thumping in her chest. It was just as obvious Spike knew she was there in the hallway. Now what? Knowing her sister’s propensity for making a gigantic deal out of the smallest thing, Dawn decided to pretend nothing had happened. Maybe, if Buffy had a little time to think about it, she would realize Spike is the perfect boyfriend for someone like her. Moving as quietly as she could, Dawn made her way back to her room, eased the door shut and slipped back under the covers. She fell asleep moments after her head hit the pillow. Her last thought—don’t ask don’t tell has a whole new meaning.


****

Spike knew the moment Dawn gave up her position in the hall. He swooped down and gathered Buffy into his arms, covering her face with kisses and murmuring something about her golden, perfect beauty. Buffy responded by tugging at his clothes. He stopped his barrage of kisses long enough to give her a questioning look. “I thought we had an understanding,” he said, removing her hands from his belt buckle. “I planned to obliterate the memory of anyone who has ever touched you by demonstrating my vast superiority as a lover.”

Buffy pouted, her lower lip presenting Spike with another swoon-worthy object. “I know,” she said, “and I don’t want to disappoint you, but I’m not sure I can stand it another minute it you keep wearing all these clothes.”

Spike gave her a bright smile “So,” he said, shucking off his boots and releasing her hands to attack his buckle, “we’ll just save the full demonstration for another time then?” Buffy nodded enthusiastically as she finished with the belt and reached for his zipper. Spike had his t-shirt off and was crawling up her body in a matter of seconds. Buffy used her feet to push his jeans off his hips and down his legs. When they finally lay together, cool skin against warm, they sighed deeply in unison.

“If I wasn’t dead already,” Spike whispered in Buffy’s ear, “I’d swear I died and went to heaven.” He kissed her with an intensity that would have bruised an ordinary girl; fortunately Buffy was anything but ordinary. Holding her lips firmly captive with his, Spike ran his hands lightly down the sides of Buffy’s body.

She shivered with excitement when he slipped his hands under her hips and gently squeezed her bottom. “It’s right convenient you like it so much when I touch you here, luv,” he said, reveling in the realization his actions had literally raised goose bumps all over her body. “Cause I think I enjoy it as much as you do.” Watching her intently, he gave one firm globe a pinch. He was delighted when Buffy gasped and arched her back in response, but he didn’t anticipate what happened next.

Wrapping her legs around Spike’s hips in a vise grip, Buffy flipped him onto his back and pinned his arms in one smooth motion. Surprised by the move, Spike was about to laugh when Buffy shifted her weight to position her vulva directly over his erection. Even without touching, the heat radiating from between her legs was scorching hot. Spike’s amusement was swamped by a surge of overwhelming desire. His eyes rolled back in his head and he uttered a long string of incomprehensible curses through clenched teeth as Buffy pressed her slippery wet labia against the side of his length and slid herself, very slowly, from tip to base and back again.

Buffy stilled for a moment and Spike opened his eyes to find her gazing down at him with the self-satisfied expression of a person in complete control. “What happened to the blushing ingénue who was here a minute ago?” he asked, panting slightly. “Not that I mind Miss Buffy the Dominatrix,” he added, thrusting his pelvis sharply for emphasis. “I quite fancy her. Just curious is all.”

Never releasing her grip, Buffy smirked at him. “Take a memo, Professor,” she said. “If you want things to move slowly, do not pinch the horny Slayer on the butt.”

“Don’t worry luv,” he replied, laughing. “This is just the survey course. I’m taking loads of notes for the advanced seminar.” Sensing a subtle relaxation in Buffy’s legs, Spike took advantage of the opportunity to kick out from under her. Caught by surprise, Buffy tried unsuccessfully to fend him off and found her wrists trapped over her head in his strong fingers. Spike used his other hand to ghost down the side of her hip, grinning as he planted a row of soft, pretend pinches along her flank while restraining her firmly. “I think I’ll save up for a set of handcuffs too,” he added, entranced by the sight and feel of Buffy’s futile attempts to free her hands.

Short of knocking him unconscious with a head butt, Buffy had to concede she wasn’t strong enough to break is powerful grip. But while she’d lost the immediate battle for physical supremacy, Buffy had yet to deploy her ultimate weapon. Relaxing into the bedclothes, she abruptly stopped struggling and lifted her hips to maximize the pressure between her vulva and Spike’s cool, hard cock. “Spike,” she whispered, “please fuck me.”

The effect was instantaneous. Spike released her hands and began lavishing kisses all over her face and neck, suddenly stopping when he reached her chest. “I’m such a wanker,” he said, cupping a soft mound in each hand and staring with awe at her breasts. “I’ve barely given any attention to your beautiful breasts. What kind of a survey course would fail to include worship of these amazing nipples?”

“Spike!” Buffy said, fixing him with a look of complete exasperation.

“Gotcha!” he said, sliding down her body until his chin was directly over her neat triangle of pubic hair. “I may be a wanker, but I’m not going to fuck you until you’re good and ready. And you’re not good and ready until I say so.”


A/N: Yeah, I know, this was supposed to be the last chapter. But I can’t get these guys to just do it already. Stay tuned, it gets hotter! Reviews greatly appreciated.