PART 3

Spike awoke later the next night, after the events of the previous night he really needed a long sleep to restore his energy.
In fact, after he had come back to his crypt, he had chained who he had to chain as quickly as possible, he had taken care of Buffy, making her drink some blood, although she was still unconscious, and then he had laid her on the bed, where he had joined her immediately after.

At this moment, his Mate was still sleeping and he sat on the bed, pulling her head to his lap, with extreme tenderness.
As he stroked her hair, he noticed with relief that her deep wounds had turned into small scratches that he was sure by the end of the night would be totally healed.
He sensed she was about to wake up: in fact, two seconds after, Buffy popped her eyes open.

“ Hey, my kitten, how do you feel?” he smiled, caressing her face with the back of his hand.
“ Mm.. as good as new!” she purred, reaching out to hold his hand.
“ Great! ‘Cause there’s a lot of work we have to do!” he said, getting up, but she pulled him to her and rolled on the mattress, placing herself upon him and tearing out in a move what was left of his shirt.
“ Hey, pet! Glad to see you are fully recovered!” he chuckled, and then he tried to get up again.
“ C’mon, sweetie, we have to work...” but he found himself on his back, because Buffy wasn’t hearing any reasons.
And she showed him that, by tracing all the length of his chest with a long lick.
“ Work, work,... since when have you been such a hard worker?” she watched him, with a malicious smirk, as she began undoing his belt.
“ Buffy, you know I want it as much as you, but... we are behind the schedule...” Spike tried to dissuade her, but then he felt her pulling down the zipper of his jeans.
“ Oh, Bugger this!” he growled, taking her roughly and pulling her under him.
“ Now, baby, come meet your Big Bad!”

After about an hour, they finally got dressed and Spike showed her the place in adjoining room where Angel was chained up.
He had woke up by then, but ill at ease as ever.
Spike remained hidden, while Buffy approached the prisoner.

“ Well, well, I thought my Sire used too much hair gel, but I hadn’t seen you, yet!” she smiled, while he observed her curiously, trying to find a way to set himself free.
He was agitated and he felt a familiar presence, so he was sure they weren’t alone there.
“ Where am I? Why am I here? And who are you?”
“ I used to be a pathetic Slayer...” she answered, ignoring the first two questions and leaving, she came back almost immediately hugged to Spike.
“... but since then I’ve become his Queen! By the way, I’m Buffy, and i don’t think you two need to be introduced...” she commented, drawing out some keys from the pocket of her jeans.
Angel couldn’t believe his eyes: that’s the feeling he had!
“ Spike!”
“ Long time no see, Sire!” he smirked, while Buffy was taking care of his chains.
“ You rescued me... thank you!” Angel said, once he was free, approaching to the exit, but Spike grabbed him by the shoulders, smashing him against the wall
After all, Angel was still too weak to react.
“ Not so fast, old man!” the blond exclaimed, giving him to Buffy who blocked him, keeping his hands behind his back.
“ I didn’t rescue you to let you go... I rescued you so we can go back to the golden times!”
“ You know better than I do that I can’t go around killing people and destroying towns...” he said, trying to set himself free from Buffy’s grip, uselessly.
“ Yeah, you can’t... but Angelus can!” the blond commented, going to the other room and coming back holding two glasses full of blood; giving one to Buffy who brought it closer to Angel’s lips.
“ By the way, I suggest a toast to his prompt return!” Spike smiled, raising the glass.
“ What the hell are you blathering about? What are you going to do?” Angel asked nervously, looking lustfully at the dense red liquid dangling in front of his eyes.
He had realized it was human blood, but he didn’t dare taste it.
“ Now, we are going to play a funny game: I’ve named it ‘ One, Two, Three... Soulless you’ll be ‘!” Spike sneered, drinking from his glass.
“ I ‘ll explain the rules to you shortly; it starts this way: DRINK!” Buffy said, pushing the glass into Angel’s mouth, forcing him to drink.

After the first sips it wasn’t necessary to force him anymore: his instinct had overwhelmed his conscience and, recovering, he broke free from Buffy’s grip, snatching the glass from her hand, he began to drink eagerly.
“ Good boy! You like it, don’t you? ‘ Cause this blood for you is specially for you and it comes from a descendant of the Gypsy that cursed you!” Buffy laughed, helping Spike to light up some strange candles that started expelling a disquieting black smoke.
The bleached vampire opened the Watchers’ Diary on the page of Angel’s ritual and began chanting in Ancient Greek.
After a quarter of an hour, Spike ended the spell and all the candles went out at the same time, although they weren’t consumed at all; and from Angel’s eyes a bright spark came out, fading away.
Immediately after, Angel fell on the floor, unconscious.

As Spike and Buffy wondered if something had gone wrong with the ritual, they heard him laughing as he got up.
“ Be happy, children: Daddy is back!” he exclaimed with a sneer and an evil light in his eyes, which Spike knew very well.
“ Welcome back, Angelus!” he smiled and then he found himself with his back pinned at the wall and his Sire’s hand was tightening around his neck.
“ You dared to chain me, you dared to smash me against a wall... you must be punished...” he said, threateningly.
“ Yeah... but it wasn’t really you... after all... and anyway... I rescued you, and most important thing... I brought someone on whom you can give vent to your rage: the Master is downstairs, you can have fun with him...” Spike said laboriously, managing to break free from his iron grip.
“ Mm... well.. you make a good case, boy...” Angelus smiled, and then he looked at Buffy who was throwing him evil glares, it seemed she hadn’t appreciated the aggression towards Spike.
“ Well, well, my boy, my compliments, she is beautiful!” he commented, earning a half smile from the girl.
“ Anyway, what’s the matter? Did killing Slayers become unfashionable, so now you turn them?” he added with a smirk.
“ Hey!” the blondes protested in unison.
“ I did not turn a Slayer, I turned the woman I love!” Spike clarified, wrapping an arm around Buffy’s waist, and watching his Sire with a proud look.
“ I almost died to save your ass and this is the way you thank me? Maybe... I would have done better leave that damn diary to the Council and let your soulful alter-ego rot in that cage!” she snapped, watching him coldly.

Spike feared for her, but Angelus’ reaction wasn’t the one he expected: in fact, he burst out laughing.
“ Well, your blondie has got temper!” the brunette smiling, approaching to give her a pinch on her cheek.
“ Yeah, but you heard me, buddy: * Mine* !” Spike growled, holding Buffy tight and she smiled to her Mate, ignoring the other vampire.
“ Ok, calm down, William! I’m not playing to steal your precious fiancé; that feeble bimbo is not even my type! “ he replied, irritating Buffy, not only for the obvious reason but also because he kept talking with Spike as if she weren’t there.
“ You are not my type either, stupid bighead!” she struck back, but Spike hit her with his elbow, giving her a warning glance.
“ What? He’s your Sire, not mine: I don’t have to show him any respect!”
“ I’m the Sire of your Sire, you, cocky little girl with a talky mouth: you must show me double respect!” Angelus yelled, losing his patience.
“ Should I?” she asked to her Sire, looking at him with hope in her eyes.
But he nodded.
“ You must, honey!”
“ Ok, I’m sorry, Angelus. I didn’t mean what I said before...” she apologized to the older vampire, looking at the floor, just like a child who argued with another child and is forced to make it up with him.
“ Forgive her, she is so young after all, she has still so much to learn about our kind...” Spike justified her.
“ That’s fun: it seems that you still have to learn much ‘bout it, too! You turned a Slayer, I guess this is the most forbidden of all the things you could have done!” Angelus commented, placing himself in front of him with superiority.
But Spike wasn’t intimidated at that, he faced his Sire’s look without showing any submission.
“ Well, you know me: I’m a free spirit!” the blond sneered.
Angelus smiled.
“ That’s my boy! Ok, Buffy, I forgive you this time; but try to behave better in the future.... you have such a pretty face... it would be a pity to ruin it...” he threatened her.
With a big effort, Buffy confined herself to just nod.
“ Fine! So, now I guess I’ll pay a visit to an old pal...” he said, approaching the downstairs.
“ There are also some toys there, have fun! Buffy and I will take a stroll, see ya!” Spike informed him, departing with his Queen.

Angelus found the Master chained to a wall, gagged. He started, seeing him.
Angelus also noticed that on a table there were the ‘ toys ‘ Spike referred to: a couple of axes, a stake, a small bottle of holy water, some railroad spikes ( of course!!) and a long sharp knife.
He decided to begin with the last one, approaching to the Master: he could already feel his fear.
“ You know... torturing someone is like riding a bicycle: you never forget it!” he said, tracing with a finger all the length of the knife.
“ Now I’m a bit out of practice... let’s see if I can cycle again! After all, you were the one who taught me, Grandpa! It’s time to find out if the pupil surpassed the teacher !” he laughed evilly, aiming the knife few centimeters away from his face.
“ Ops, I almost forgot!” he said, tearing out the gag on his mouth, roughly.
“ It’s not fun if you don’t scream!”

***********************************************
“ Luv, can you hear the screams? It sounds like your Sire is enjoying himself a lot!” Buffy commented, holding tight to Spike as they went away.
He smiled to her.
“ What about us? Do you want to have some fun, too? What about we torture the Watcher left here?” the blond proposed, nibbling her neck.
“ Mm.. you know... I don’t feel much like killing him: I talked to him the first day I arrived here, and I can say he’s different from all the other watchers, he’s a rebel... and I have a thing for rebels!” she confessed, before giving him a savage kiss.
“ So, what else can we do? Bloody Hell, this sodding town is so boring! Can’t wait to leave!” he exclaimed, approaching to his Childe to give her another kiss, but she didn’t have the same idea.
She got away from him, crossing her arms and glaring at him.
“ Hey! Let me remind you that it was in this ‘ sodding town ‘ where we first met!” she snapped, walking faster, leaving him behind purposely.
Spike smiled to himself, finally he had found something to do: to make up with Buffy; no matter what, he always succeeded.
It wasn’t the first time they argued, and it certainly wouldn’t be the last.
After all... love isn’t fun if it’s not difficult!

TBC