PART 2
3 WEEKS LATER (Sunnydale)

“ Great idea, making some of our guys sneak into the Master’s gang! We have first hand information on what he s been planning!” Buffy commented, getting out of the car.
“ Yeah, we could have come here just after killing that stupid gypsy, but we have done better waiting: tomorrow, it will be St. Vigious ‘ Day, sweetheart; you don’t know yet, but it’s a very important Celebration for vamps. They usually go around, creating havoc and making every sort of rituals..”
“ And you don’t, am I right?”
“ Pet, I’ve never been one for traditions! Besides, it’s the right occasion to defeat the Master: my guys will take care of some of his minions, they already know what to do; many of the others will be far away from the old warehouse, so there will be just a small crowd inside. Of course, they will surely be his most loyal, strong and dangerous minions; minions is not even the right word: they are his right arm. They’re extremely good fighters, but I’m sure we’ll come off better!” Spike explained, leading his beloved to the crypt they had fortunately found free.
“ You bet, my love! Anyway, we’d better train a little, do you agree?”
His only answer, Spike gave a powerful kick on her chin, which sent her against a sarcophagus.
“ I see you agree!” she sneered, before hitting him back, stronger, if possible.
They fought ‘till sunrise, when they fell asleep on a coffin, exhausted, but satisfied by all the training.
-----------------------------------------------
The evening after, the two blondes went towards the warehouse; after having a substantial dinner, after all, their mission required lots of energy!
Spike’s suppositions were right: due to the celebration, there were just a few vamps keeping guard at the entrance, and to get ride of them was as simple as drinking a glass of water, or better.. of blood!
But that was just the ‘ level 1 ‘ of the game they have to play: inside the building there was a considerable crowd, that’s why they decided to separate.

Buffy immediately found a dozen vamps welcoming her threateningly.
“ So, who would you be?” one of them exclaimed, approaching her.
She took a beam from the wall, and staked him with it, using the other tip to dust another one.
“ I’m the last person you’ll see!” she said, starting a furious fight, where of course she came off better.
“ Fine! Just like the old times!” she muttered, watching satisfied the several piles of ashes.
She took the beam and went towards the coming group of reinforcements.
“ Now, you have a chance: to choose the right side, or… to become a pile of dust!” she warned them, and seeing the show behind her shoulders, they realized the first chance was the better.
**************************************
Meanwhile, Spike had no troble dusting his adversaries; with some of them he didn’t even need a stake.
When the other minions came, they were shocked as they noticed the easiness with what he had defeat the major part of the fighters.
“ Wh… Who.. are you?” one of them asked shyly.
“ It’s up to you to decide: I can be a friend ….” and he smashed him to the wall with a leap, drawing out a stake and aiming it to his heart.
“… or an enemy! So, what do you prefer?” he said, pushing him to the ground, putting the stake back into his pocket and departing.
The fledging got up, took a piece of wood and launched himself towards Spike, irately.
The blond was expecting that, so he turned and grasped the stake.
“ So, you prefer me as an enemy? Bad choice!” he exclaimed, pushing the stake through his heart.
As the other exploded in a cloud of dust, Spike spoke to all of the other minions, who remained immobilized and speechless watching the whole scene,
“ I hope you won’t make the same mistake he did!” he said quietly, cleaning the dust from his duster.

Buffy and Spike met in the middle of the building, where they could already see from afar the big cage Angel was in.
And they also couls see who was already there to welcome them.
“ My compliments! You managed to arrive to this point.. . it’s a pity your run ends here!” Xander exclaimed, appearing from a side of the cage.
The two blondes could see Angel inside, unconscious, chained and wounded brutally everywhere.
“ I’m bored…” a female voice, coming from the other side exclaimed, and immediately after they saw Willow making an entrance, holding a pair of sharp scissors.
“… and when I’m bored, I like playing with my puppy, and if you take him away from me, I’ll be very unhappy!” she kept talking, approaching slowly, letting the scissors slide through the bars of the cage, making the sound echo in the whole warehouse.
The red head reached her partner, rubbing herself against him.
“ And I don’t want my babe to be sad!” the brunette commented, pulling her to himself vigorously, kissing her hard.
Buffy yawned bored, and Spike interrupted the kiss between Xander and Willow.
“ Excuse me, but I’m in a terrible hurry, so, if you two are done with your bloody entrance meant to impress …” and he punched Xander ’s jaw.
“… let’s fight!” the blond sneered.
Willow was about to attack him, but Buffy stopped her with a kick in her stomach.
“ Let’s leave the males alone! Fight against me!” Buffy smiled.
“ And who would you be, Blondie?” Willow sneered, sending a kick, but Buffy jumped in time to avoid it.
“ What a shame! You don’t know me? After all, we are from the same line, Reddie!” Buffy commented, but this time, Willow was faster and punched her mouth, making it bleed.
That did nothing but amuse the blonde, who wiped the blood with a hand, carrying her speech.
“ Let me think about this…” and meanwhile she punched her back, making her nose bleed.
“ … if I’m the Gran-Childe …” and she kicked her stomach viciously.
“… of the Childe..” she kept, kicking her ribs.
“… of your Sire’s Childe… I’m your… mm…” this time Willow didn’t fool her, because she stopped the coming punch of the enemy.
“… you are my mm… oh, bugger this! I have never been that good at figuring distant kinships!” she snapped, drawing out a stake.

**************************************
A few meters away there was another fight going on between Spike and Xander, and the latter had hit Spike back with a kick to his face.
“ Alright! You know, it’s so hard to find a good opponent nowadays!” the more expert vampire laughed, before punching him in the stomach, kicking his mouth and then his legs.
Then, he raised him and threw him on the ground.
The time the brunette took to recover allowed Spike to light a cigarette and glance at the two fighting vampiresses: Buffy seemed to be managing superbly and seeing her holding a stake reassured him.
He dodged just in time to avoid a powerful kick from his adversary, who had came back to fight again.
“ What? Do you smoke during a battle?” he asked surprised, ready to punch his face.
“ You’re right, buddy! I should quit!” Spike said, blocking the punch with a hand, using the other to take the cigarette from his mouth.
“ Smoking can hurt you!” he sneered, pressed the still lighted stump on the brunette’s cheek, making him scream from the pain.
But another scream captured Spike’s whole attention: Buffy ’s.
He turned, seeing her on the ground, bleeding a lot after Willow had hit her arm and shoulder with the scissors.
He wanted to help her, but Xander pushed him to the ground, with a strong kick on his back.
“ Hey, you’re gonna pay for this!” the younger vampire exclaimed, massaging the marked cheek.
Blinded by rage, Spike jumped up growling and showing his fangs.
“ Do you accept checks…” he said, throwing himself on Xander and making his head hit the bars of the cage.
“… or do you prefer cash?” he roared, punching him franticly, until he made him lose consciousness.
Spike saw that his Mate had got up, wobbling and covering her wounds with the other hand, which still held the stake firmly.
He was about to run to lend a hand, when he heard her laughing, despite the pain.
“ Stupid bitch! It hurts like hell, but it’s not the heart.. and it’s not wood!” she said, approaching her.
“ It’s useless, poor ingenuous; you can’t beat me: I’m a strong vampiress, while you are just a weak little fledging!” the red head laughed, approaching her, determined to give her the deathblow.
But with a last effort, Buffy made her lose her scissors with a kick, and she jumped on her, making her fall on the ground.
“ You can’t even begin to imagine whom you’re dealing with: I was a Slayer, I remember perfectly every single stake I shoved through the heart of every vamp I killed…” she explained, raising the stake on her.
“ … but I’m sure I’ll remember with an unbelievable pleasure * this*!” she said, turning her into a pile of ashes.

Xander had just recovered, and that show drove him insane.
“ NOOOOOOO! Willow, NOOOOO!” he screamed, grabbing the scissors and dashing towards Buffy, determined to cut her head.
She was too weak to react or escape, but Spike was more than ready to protect her, holding the same stake she used to eliminate Willow.
“ What are you complaining about? You’ll reach your beloved soon…more like.. “ Spike said, throwing the stake right through his heart, before he could dodge.
“…NOW!” he commented, seeing him explode in a cloud of dust.

Buffy hung to Spike, feeling dizzy.
“ Pet, are you ok?” he asked concerned, supporting her.
“ Don’t worry, it’s just a scratch, it will heal soon!” she said, making a huge effort not to grimace in pain.
Spike knew she was lying: those wounds were very deep, and she had lost lots of blood, and that was making her weaker and weaker.
Without thinking, he ripped off a tail of his shirt, using it to bandage her arm and shoulder, in order to stop the hemorrhage.
“ It was your fave shirt!” she commented with a faint voice, enjoying the gesture.
“ It doesn’t matter, I care ‘bout you more!” he answered, finishing to bandage her.
“ See, my love? We won!” the blonde smiled weakly, putting her head on his shoulder.
“ Did you have any doubt?” he smiled back.
“ Most of it is done… the other minions have taken care of the Master, as we ordered them; we still have to set my Sire free…”he explained, caressing her face and glancing the cage, seeing Angel still on the ground, asleep.
“ Sorry, luv… I’m afraid you’ll have to do it alone, ‘cause I think I’ll pass out for a while…” Buffy warned him, just before fainting in his arms.

After all, Spike expected it; due to all the blood her beloved had lost it was inevitable.
He lifted her up in his arms carefully, reaching the main room, where the former Master’s minions (now siding with Spike, whom they had recognized as the stronger vamp) were waiting for him.
“ We did as you had ordered us to; here’s the key to the cage. The Master held it on his belt!” one of them said, giving Spike the key.
He came back to the cage, opening it and unlocking the chains, carrying Angel out of his captivity.
He put him on his right shoulder, while on the others he was carrying Buffy, and he went to his car.
The other minions helped him to put Angel inside the car, on the back seats, with the other unconscious ‘ guest ‘.
“ Good work, guys! So, now enjoy your freedom: there’s not any Master to rule you anymore!” he exclaimed, laying Buffy on the front seat, and putting himself on the wheel.
“ So, aren’t you gonna be our Leader?” one of the minions asked.
“ Hell no! I hate this town! I’m gonna leave as soon as possible! So, good luck, buddies!” he said, setting the car in motion and shooting along the road.
“ Well, I’m in a car with three unconscious people….” he muttered, inserting a CD in the radio car.
“… so, keep me company, Nirvana!”

TBC