Author's Chapter Notes:
Keep the reviews coming guys!!! Thank you so much!! I'm going to continue to try and post on a daily or every other day basis. Just keep those reviews comin' and the chapters will keep comin! The next few chapters are going to be pretty short, I had to because it was too long (smiles with pride)
Entry Numero Dos....

Okay G-Man. I really really don't get why you're being so lazy. I mean I could be sitting here telling you the tale as you type it up. It's not like I'm the one that has to report this to the council. So for all the council members that read this:

Fuck you!!

Haha. I can just imagine you polishing your glasses as you read that. Possibly a "Dear Lord.." will escape from your lips. Little Deputy came into my cell today. Tried to give me a bag of blood. I snapped at him. He jumped. I laughed. What are you teaching these people? You actually still think I'm dangerous? I mean I could totally break out of these ankle cuffs right now if I felt I would enjoy the perverse pleasure of watching you squirm. Which I would....But you're promising to let me see Will...So here I stay, doing your dirty work. Once Will was dragging me back to his casa I had passed out from lack of eating. Apparently all fledglings need to eat once they rise. I guess they don't let you read the "How to Care for Your Fledgling" handbook in Watcher School. When I woke up and saw him there...I dunno how to explain how I felt. Scared? That might be a good word for it. Yeah. I like scared...


_______________________________________________________________________________________________


Unable so lost
I can't find my way
Been searching, but I have never seen
A turning, a turning from deceit

Cos the child roses like
Try to reveal what I could feel

I can't understand myself anymore
But I m still feeling lonely
Feeling so unholy

Cos the child roses like
Try to reveal what I could feel
But this loneliness
It just won't leave me alone

I'm fooling somebody
A faithless path to roam
Deceiving to breath this secretly
This silence, a silence I can't bear

Cos the child roses like
Try to reveal what I could feel
And this loneliness
It just won't leave me alone
And this loneliness,
It just won't leave me alone, ohh no

A lady of war




Buffy's eyes slowly fluttered open. She smelled mold and dirt, it was tingling the back of her throat causing her to cough violently. Where the hell am I? Buffy struggled to remember the night before. Oh yeah...That's right. Dug out of a coffin, Mr. Sex-On-Legs chained me in his basement, I passed out. Her eyes focused, allowing her to see in the pitch black room. At first glance she saw an outline of a man. Once she gained all ability to see, she noticed that it was the same man from last night, sitting back, stake in one hand, book in the other. He was fast asleep. "So much for being on guard." She muttered before rattling the chains that held her arms raised. "Wake up!" She yelled out.

Buffy had to hand it to him, the man didn't even jump. Maybe a muttered "Bugger." Or some other fancy british swear word, but it was all the same to her. He slowly raised an eyebrow, placing the stake and book on the dusty ground next to him. "You seem like you're in a much better mood today."

Buffy shrugged, the chains rattled with her movement. "Well, being chained in a dirty basement sure cheers me up...It wouldn't kill you to clean you know."

Will simply snorted. "It wouldn't kill you to shut your gob." He fired back, looking pointedly at the stake resting on the ground. A low laugh erupted in the back of Buffy's throat.

"You gunna spike me with your twig?"

"It's called a stake, twigs are tiny. This," He said, holding the stake in his flat palm, "is big and manly. And yes, sooner or later, I am going to stake you. I'll see to it that the people I'm givin' you to let me." He snorted and leaned back cockily into his metal chair. His platinum blonde hair shone in the darkness, and for a moment, Buffy was transfixed by his beauty.

"Yes...It is so huge. Biggest one I've seen Yet. And I like spike better. Staking sounds so...Mid-Evil?" She laughed at her own lousy play on words. "I dub thee, Spike of Sunnydale."

Spike rolled his eyes. "Bleedin' Bitch." He muttered as he reached for the journal and pen laying next to the chair.

"You might as well spike me now. I really really would prefer if you did. The whole 'stay in the dark' thing? Totally not my scene. A pale Buffy is a grumpy Buffy...Vampires can't go into the sunlight can they?"

Spike grunted with frustration. "Shut your trap! It's staking and no, you can not go into the sunlight. And another no! You can not be staked 'till I feel like it. Once you answer my questions I'll happily kill you."

Buffy silenced herself at that. Freedom will come once Mr. Holier-than-thou is finished giving his little survey. Buffy thought to herself.

"So Buffy, tell me about your human life?" He asked, glasses propped properly on the bridge of his nose, pen and paper in his hands. He looked like a therapists. Human Buffy had her fair share of those...

"Lived in LA 'till my parents got divorced. Then came to the wonderful world of Sunnydale. Did a lot of drugs in my day. The night I turned got into a bit of trouble with the cops, some crazy lady bit me on the neck, and here I stand before you. The end." She said sarcastically, hoping the breif life story sated him, she really hated talking about herself.

Spike noticed the vampire looked especially anxious. He added that to his notes.
"What are you feeling right now?" He asked with an intense gleam in his eye.

Buffy rolled her own before scoffing. "You sound just like a damn shrink. What am I feeling, O let me count the ways..." She looked thoughtful for a moment before continuing, her anger bubbling inside of her. "I feel hungry first off, but I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to eat. The idea of drinking someone's blood, actually killing someone, deffinantly gives me the wiggins. I'm scared because I don't know whats happening to me, something inside of me is roaring, it wants to be freed, yet another thing inside is screaming as well, not the angry type but the more 'woe is me' type. I miss my family, I have nothing going for me. Who the fuck is going to hire someone that can only work nightshifts and from time to time has to leave work to go to the butchers to get a little bit of blood?!" Her voice raised and soon she was screaming. "I don't like you sitting there taking note of every fucking word that pours from my mouth cuz it makes me a little nervous. I don't know who you are. I'm chained in some random basement. I haven't had anything this weird happen to me even when I was tripping on mushrooms! Which by standards is pretty damned weird!"

Spike did nothing but nod his head and continued to write.

"Stop that!" She screamed and lashed out her leg, desperately trying to knock the book out of his hand. Spike looked up momentarily before giving a smirk and slowly moving his seat back a few inches, out of leg reach. "So...You don't want to kill anyone?" He asked, internally laughing hysterically, enjoying the psychological torment.

_______________________________________________________________

A few hours later, and Buffy was fuming from all the questions he had thrown her way. They revolved around the same basic area. Why didn't she want to kill? Buffy thought for a while, asking herself the same thing. "Well now that I'm a vampire...Shouldn't I be all gung-ho with the killing spree?" She asked innocently. She honestly wasn't a fan of the vampire novels/movies when she was alive. She knew the basics, vampires eat people, can die via pointy wooden stick and sunlight. Buffy scrunched up her features in what was known as her 'yuck' face. "I don't have to sleep in a coffin do I?"

Spike rubbed his eyes tiredly, sighing to himself. "No, you don't have to sleep in a bloody box. And yes, I am trying to figure out why you don't want to hurt anyone."

"That's not true. When you were all with the question-asking, I was pretty set on hurting myself." Buffy stated with a smile. She started to shift her body making the chains come to life once more. Spike took a step back and Buffy simply rolled her eyes. "I'm not attempting to hurt you, you big baby." She muttered. "These chains are giving my arms less then cuddly hugs. I'm all sore."

Spike smirked before stepping towards the stairs, lifting up a mug that said 'Best Dad Ever.' Buffy could smell the sweet aroma of blood. She licked her lips in anticipation before inwardly making the 'yuck' face once more. "Pigs Blood." He told her softly before stepping within inches of her, letting her sip the blood through a pink crazy straw.

Buffy hesitated a moment before lowering her lips to the straw, her mouth salivating at the prospect of her meal. The first drop entered her mouth with a burst of flavor. Not actual flavor, it tasted metallic, really. It was more metaphorical. It was life, it was sustinance, it was beautiful. Buffy locked eyes with Spike as she greedily sucked down the cool pig's blood, imagining it was his neck she had sunk her teeth into. It wasn't an "I'm gunna kill you," bite, more or less a "Oh god this is great sex," bite. Spike's eyes quickly darted to the floor once he noticed Buffy's lust filled gaze, scanning the dusty cement, looking at anything and everything besides Buffy. When the vampiress finally sucked down the last drop, making those slurping noises at the bottom of the cup, she pulled away and licked her lips clean. "Well that was sufficently gross." She murmered before looking at the cup once more. "Your a dad?" She asked him.

Spike looked up, a flash of remorse and great pain filled his glorious features. "Was." He stated simply. "Vampires." He looked back down, suddenly very interested in his own choice of footwear, scratching the back of his head. Buffy nodded at him, feeling a pang of guilt fill her stomach. Before she knew it, Spike had lifted a key out of his black jeans and began to unlock the cuffs.

"I can go?" She asked him.

"No, but you can be free to move around the basement. I don't fancy listenin' to your yappin' for the better part of my evening. I'll bring down a cot. The door will be locked. You're stayin' here 'till I can get ahold of the Watcher's Council, have them run some tests."

Suddenly Buffy was very greatful. As the first chain unlocked it's hold on her tiny wrist she sighed as her arm dropped heavily to her side. When the other came crashing down she silently rubbed her wrists before walking to the corner and sitting in the dark. The last thing she heard was Spike's foot steps retreating up the stairs. He paused momentarily. "I'll bring you more food in a while. Gunna do some research first." Then just like that, the door opened, closed and locked in a matter of seconds. Once again, Buffy was by herself.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________


Spike sauntered into the living room, silently switching on the lamps as he made his way to his dark wooden desk. He slowly picked up the phone and dialed the number to Travers. He hated his bloody ponce of a boss, thought he was a big girl about everything. Didn't even approve when he had married the Sla-Spike shook his head clear of the thoughts of his late wife. Spike's calloused fingers moved automatically, pressing all the correct buttons that would get him in touch with the Council of great big poofs. A few shril rings filled his ear before a gruff voice mumbled something. "Travers." The voice on the other line stated, sleep softening the edges of his usually hard voice.

"It's Sp-William." bloody bitch fillin' my head with these damn nicknames.

"What can I do for you William? You do know it is very very early in the morning." The man said, sounding quite aggrivated.

Spike smiled at that, he loved pissing off Travers. "'S important. Got me here a vampiress that is all soul-having." He stated matter-of-factly.

There was a breif pause before Travers spoke. "Are you quite sure?"

"Well wouldn't fight back, wanted me to stake her, said the idea of killing someone gave her the 'wiggins.' Plus there was lots of crying and whatnot. So what should I do? I don't want her stayin' here. Her tears are markin' up the floor...Plus you know how I feel about vampires."

"Yes, William, I am very aware of your situation. Run a few tests on the girl, spar with her, write down her story, then do what you will with her. It is of no consiquence to me. If she has a soul, leave her be, technically we are not covered with the Powers over killing something with a soul. That would be on your karma."

"Believe in Karma do we now mate? That's wildly ironic." He said sarcastically.

"You would do well to remember who you are talking to Mr. Pratt. Please be reminded that you are no longer active Watcher since Cecily and Elizabeth's death."

"And you would do well to remember that if you bring them up again, I will personally fly myself to London to kick your poncy arse, mate." Spike said, his fury bubbling over.

"I would love to see you try...Mate. I would have you locked up before anything cocky would come from your pretentious mouth. I am inviting Rupert Giles to stay in Sunnydale. We still must find our new called Slayer. How long has it been William?"

Spike was quiet for a moment before he heard Travers clear his throat on the other end. "57 days."

"Very well. We haven't much time. In the meantime, figure out what the story is behind our little vampiress. Maybe we could make something usefull out of her."

"Useful? Such as?" Spike questioned. He started to hear thumping coming from the basement. A chain rattling and grunts coming from the tiny vampiress in the basement. "Hold on a moment." Spike walked to the basement and opened the door. "Shut up, I'm on the bloody phone!" He shouted down the stairs before returning to his desk. "I'm here." He heard more thumps but chose to ignore it.

"Such as using her as our eyes and our ears into the vampire world. If she truely is ensouled, it is for a reason. The team will research here in London, whilst I suggest you get that little redheaded witch to preform a spell to see if a soul is really what is in store."

"Her name is Willow."

"Whatever. I am going to retire now. Good evening Mr. Pratt." Travers said before Spike hung up the phone. THUMP! Spike cursed to himself before heading into the kitchen to get a bag of blood from the fridge and retreated down the rickety steps of the basement.


_____________________________________________________________________________________

Buffy's hand connected with the punching bag, landing the blow with a hard clap. She smiled in triumph as the bag split open even more, revealing it's stuffing. Buffy walked back to the table where the duct tape was sitting. She picked it up and tossed it in either hand as she heard the footsteps. She looked up and saw the image of Spike quickly moving down the stairs, making more noise with his clunky boots then she was with the punching bag. Buffy rolled her eyes before heading back to the bag and executing a perfect roundhouse kick. The bag flew up and touched the ceiling with the momentum of the blow. Buffy started wiggling her thighs, thrusting her two pointer fingers in the air as a victory dance. She turned and saw Spike staring at her, laughter gleaming in his eyes. "I...I could never do that before." She said, feeling the need to explain herself. Spike threw his hands up in the air, "Vampire strength. If you are truely ensouled, that could be put to good use."

Buffy's eyebrows furrowed. "Is that what you want?"

Spike stared into her large green eyes for a moment. "No." He said simply before setting the bag down on the stairs and walking forward. He stood so close to her, only mere inches away. She could feel his blood pumping through is veins, his heart beating rapidly as he looked down on the tiny vampiress. "I'd rather..." He said slowly, his voice grew husky. Spike tilted his head and bit his lip. "I'd rather stake you right now. But 's not what the council wants." Buffy shoved him back with a little more force then she anticipated and he flew back, hitting the punching bag. To her surprise he was laughing. "Just waitin' for you to make one mistake 'luv, then your ass is mine."

"You keep 'my ass' out of your mouth, do you hear me?" She shouted then thought for a moment. "That came out a lot worse then I meant for it to."

Spike nodded and before she knew it he was on top of her, his fist flying at a remarkable speed, heading towards her face. Buffy blocked it with ease, knocking his arm to the side of her, leaving her plenty of room to land a hard blow to his cheek. Spike's body was thrown back a few staggering feet. He looked at her, shocked. Not shocked that she hit back, more or less shocked at her strength. "What'd you do that for?!" She yelled at him.

Spike shrugged, walking back towards her, his fists raised in a defensive position. "Fists and fangs luv, it's called sparring." He flew a large hand at her face and she ducked, sweeping her foot into his own, tripping the man. Buffy jumped on top of him, strattling his torso. "Does this mean I win?" Spike cursed.

"Bloody bitch." He brought his legs up to grab the vampiress around the neck in a scissor lock. He flipped her so she was down on the ground, raising his hand and bringing it down on her chest as an imaginary stake. "Poof." He said with a laugh before he started to stand.

Buffy tripped him once more and chuckled when he landed on his behind. "Well if I were bad, you'd be drained as soon as I was on top of you."

"Would not."

"Would too." Buffy smiled and walked to the stairs, Spike jumped up and followed her. "Relax Sparky, just kinda hungry is all." She said as she scooped up the bag and walked back into the middle of the basement. Spike nodded and walked up to the stairs.

"'M callin' one of my mates. She's gunna come over and check you out. Make sure you really are with the soul-having."

Buffy said nothing as she vamped out and tore into the bag.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________


Willow walked into the Pratt resident on Revello drive, attempting to balance the two large and very full paper bags in her tiny arms. Spike ran to the door and held it open. "Thank you for comin' Red."

Willow smiled from underneath her floppy purple hat. "No big. Love to work the mojo. Tara would have came but she's kinda tired." Spike simply smiled as he shut the door behind her. "So do you really need all this stuff for the spell?"

Willow laughed and set a bag into Spike's arms. "No, silly. These are groceries, for you. I just need to look at her aura." Spike wiggled his eyebrows. "Tara might get mad that you're looking at someone elses...aura." Willow smacked Spike on the arm before following him into the kitchen.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Buffy shifted once more, uncomfortable in the chains that Spike had once again set her up in. "I'm not going to bite her!" She shouted at him. Spike moved out of the way to reveal a mousy redhead, who was staring at her with a deep intensity. Almost looking through her. "And I'm not taking that chance." He spat back out at her.

Willow walked around Buffy for a moment, letting out a few 'ooohs' and a couple of 'uh-huhs.' Buffy rolled her eyes as she felt a small hand flush against her back. "Aw, you're not bad. Not even close." She said, smiling. "'Bout as bad as a big...big fluffy bunny." Buffy attempted to hide her smile from the two, she was supposed to be evil, a bad bad thing. Truth was, she had just met the girl and she already liked her. Willow seemed to be one of the sweetest girls in Sunnydale. Spike groaned and slumped into the chair. "I don't suppose I could stake this one any time soon." Willow turned and looked pointedly at her peroxided friend. "That is a 'no' with a capital N-O." She said, her face shifting into her resolve face. "There is something funky about the soul though. Something...Powerful? She's deffinantly not dangerous. You could let her go."
Spike looked up at the two girls and whined. "But she's a big evil. Anything and everything that is all demony should deserve to be put out of it's hellish misery."

Willow threw a stray stake at Spike who leaned out of the way of her very poor aim. "Dated a werewolf, hello?" She pointed out. "Anyways, she could probably be helpful." The girl said with her eyes brightening. Buffy swayed in her chains and waved a hand. "Hello...She's in the room?"

"Don't remind me." Spike muttered. Buffy lifted a delicate middle finger in his direction while Willow turned a beet red.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

So you see, Giles. We actually did hate eachother at first. I was very much smitten with his looks though, although I'm sure you and your band of merry men understand why. But you watcher's did teach him good. Taught him to hate everything that went bump in the night and all that jazz. So for the next few years I lived in a crypt, helped out the Scoobies for a little bit of cash. Me and Spike continued to spar, and my powers continued to grow. There was no word from the new slayer and we really didn't need one. The power of the scoobs was incredible. Then things started to get a little wonky a few months ago when I found my little sister...I guess that's when me and Spike started becoming a bit friendlier as well...
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Buffy walked down the dark streets of Sunnydale, lazilly window shopping and once in a while actually stepping into a shop that was open. Quite a few were open late at night considering Sunnydales large populace of vampires. She fingered the sleek cellphone in her leather jacket, wondering when the bleached wonder was going to call for a little patrol. He seldom patroled without her these days. With her powers growing into something almost out of a dark Grimm Brother's fairy tale. She could smell a demon from a mile away, speak fluently in 29 demon languages, she was twice as strong as any vampire. Buffy was often confused with a master vampire and was becoming a notorious vampire vampire slayer. A force to be reckoned with. She had enjoyed it when she went into Willy's bar and found many demons were frightened of her. Although most were too stupid to be afraid. She didn't mind. She loved a spot of violence. All in all, things seemed to be going pretty well in the vampiress' life.

"B-Buffy?" A familiar shaky voice sounded, knocking Buffy from her thoughts. She spun around, instinctively going for the stake in her breast pocket. A tall, lanky brunnette teenager faced her. Tears welled in both of the girls' eyes. "Dawnie?" She ran to her sister, grabbing for her, holding her in a tight embrace before she could sense air was becoming an issue for the little one.

"Where the hell have you been?" Dawn shouted at her sister. Buffy pulled back a strand of her sister's long hair back behind her ear. "It's a long story sweety. What are you doing out so late? I can't believe Mom is letting you out?"

"Is that all you have to say to me?!" Dawn yelled, attracting the stares of a few passer-bys. "Mom's been dead for nearly a year."


And I knew I was close to you
And I knew
Catch me flying in the sun
Catch me drinking of your wine

Im gonna put something in you
Make the devil feel surprised
All your sisters wanna fly
Around my golden sky
Around my golden sky

Just because you feel, hollow inside its real
Just because you feel, hollow inside its real

Im gonna put something in you
Make the devil feel surprised
Make the devil feel surprised

And I knew I was close to you
And I knew
Catch me flying in the sun
Catch me drinking of your wine