Author's Chapter Notes:
Second part of the chappy. Told you it'd be short. My bad. Just wanted to get it out here by tonight. please review. It keeps my thoughts happy.
Yeah...So found out my Mother had died in the years I was spending with the gang. Also found out Dawnie was living in some random crappy foster home. You know they honestly didn't give a shit about where she was? In SUNNYDALE none-the-less. I wouldn't stand for it. I had to have Dawnie live in a safe environment. Her foster parents only wanted her for the check. So we made a deal. I would take her and we wouldn't tell anyone for the time being, so they could continue to get their checks. I took her to Spike's and he instantly fell into some sort of manly brotherly love type of thing with her. Became very protective. I think she reminded him of his daughter. But he didn't like to talk about that too often. I got him to open up once...But that tale is for a later time. So we were one big happy family. Right as rain. I stayed the night a couple nights a week. Me and Spike still argued all to hell, but at least Dawn had a safe roof over her head. She dealt with my predicament in the normal fashion. You know, the whole five stages. Denial- She wouldn't believe it. I had to go in front of a mirror, put my hand in sunlight. Spike offered to stake me to prove it. A swift punch in the face cleared him of that. Well it cleared him of voiceing that opinion...Then there was the anger. She did the whole door slammy, screechy, 'why why why,' thing for a while. Blamed me, said that if I wasn't on so many drugs that I would have been level headed enough to avoid the situation. She was right. There was the bargaining. Although it was more of her offering to find a spell for us to fix it. Depression...She had dealt with a lot. Mom had died, her sister was technically dead. She cried alot. Finally she got over it and accepted the fate of our tragic family lives. Oh Giles, by the way. If you don't take good care of Dawn...Soul or not...I'll rip your damn head off. Kay? Just so we're clear.



Twenty - five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
And I realized quickly when I knew I should
That the world was made up of this brotherhood of man
For whatever that means
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream at the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?
Ooh, ooh ooh
And I try, oh my god do I try
I try all the time, in this institution
And I pray, oh my god do I pray
I pray every single day
For a revolution
And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream at the top of my lungs
What's going on?
And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?
Twenty - five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination



The distinct ring of her cellphone screamed through the air. It was a personalized ringtone, one Spike himself had recorded for when he called. "It's Spike you damned bint, pick up the bloody phone! Stop whatever unimportant thing your doing and pick up the damned phone! --Dawn be quiet I'm recording a ringtone!" Buffy shook her head and laughed even though she had just been woken up from her sleep. "Hello?" She said gazing over at the alarm clock in her crypt. It was 7:26, the sun should be setting in about 15 minutes.

"Oy, what the hell took you so long to answer the phone?" The familiar angry British voice greeted her.

"Hey to you too, Spike. What's up?"

"Nibblet here wants to know if you want to play a game of Monopoly with us."

"Ugh..I hate Monopoly. I get tired after four hours. It takes forever."

"Well, pet, you do have your entire unlife. So in theory it is wasting more of my precious time then your own."

"I'll come over, but I wont play. You cheat too much."

Spike scoffed on the other line, she could practically imagine what kind of head tilt he would have presented her with this time. "I deny all accusations at this time. Just come over, we'll watch a movie or something. I'm sure just seeing her sister will please the little tyrant."

Buffy laughed. "She's hardly a tyrant Spike. You just give in to whatever she wants."

"I deny all acc-"

"Yeah yeah yeah, I get it. I'll be over in a few. I gotta get dressed and eat. I think I'll stay the night tonight too"

"Yeah okay, I finally put those curtain's up in the guestroom so you don't have to sleep in the basement anymore."

"Cool, thanks. I'll be there in a bit." Buffy said before she abrubtly hung up the phone. The past month had been nice. Minimal fighting between the bleached wonder and herself, Spike had been named legal guardian of her sister. Well that was mostly due to Buffy being officially dead. Deceased sisters qualified of the not-so-motherly. But it was to his insistance. The foster parents didn't like that too much, but when Buffy and Spike threatened to spill all the horrible details that Dawn had told, they turned over 'ownership' of the little one.

Buffy walked to the makeshift closet and picked out an outfit to wear for the night. She had caught herself on quite a few occasions dressing up for Spike, which gave her the wiggins for sure. But with how incredibly homey it had been feeling now with Dawn back she was sure that was the reason. Buffy looked in the mirror at her reflection and blessed any God that was listening that Willow had found a spell so she could see her reflection. Well really she could only see her reflection in the enchanted mirror, and a smaller, pocket enchanted mirror she carried around with her. Her eyes gazed over the tight light blue tank top that revealed just enough cleavage and looked good with her dark blue jeans. Dawn had picked the jeans out. They were tight around the curve of her butt and her thighs, but flared out after the knee. It even had the word 'sassy' written on the back left pocket. Buffy put her hair in a quick messy bun before ascending the latter to the upper level of her crypt. She stopped by the fridge Xander had bought her as a truce present. He was not too pleased when Buffy became part of the Scoobies. But after saving his ass time and time again she was accepted as one of the group. Buffy opened the door of the fridge and noticed that she was out of blood. Frowning, she left for Spike's house.


_______________________________________________________________


"I don't see why you don't just move in here, Buffy." Dawn asked as Buffy heated the pig's blood she found in Spike's freezer. He always kept at least ten packets in for her, whenever she came to stay.

"It's not that simple Dawnie." Buffy said as she pulled her special mug out of the microwave. Spike had bought it for her birthday. He got it personalized for her. 'World's Fluffiest Vampire' Buffy laughed when she had opened her gift, it was a nickname she had aquired over the years. 'Fluffy the vampire vampire slayer.' Buffy looked back on that day with many fond memories. It was one of the first days her and Spike actually got along. But most of the reason behind the gift was to get the nickname Fluffy to stick seeing as how everyone in the Scoobs had gone from calling him Will to Spike in only a matter of months.

Spike strolled in, his hair an ungelled mess. "Whatever you're thinking Niblet...Don't." He said pointing at her. Dawn put her hands up defensively.

"Who was thinking? I sure wasn't." Spike shooed her off of the counter, giving her a 'you know better' look. She rolled her eyes and hopped off.

"Please." Buffy said looking at Spike. "No need to dress up for me." She looked pointedly at him. Spike wore his normal at home attire, no shirt, black jeans, messy hair.

"The problem with women is they just don't appreciate a tight hot body like they used to." Spike went on as he reached into the fridge and grabbed a beer. Behind his back was Dawn rolling her eyes and making a little puppet out of her hand, flapping the mouth up and down. Spike popped open and took a few chugs of the beer.

"I think Buffy should move in with us." Dawn stated matter-of-factly. Buffy shot Dawn a wide eyed glare and Spike nearly choked on his beer. He coughed up a couple of drops and wiped the excess beer off from his lips.

"Not sure if that's such a good idea Niblet." He said slowly. Spike was talking to Dawn but kept his gaze concentrated on Buffy.

"Why not?" Dawn asked. He moved his eyes from Buffy to her little sister. "I don't get to see her as much as I'd like, and she already practically lives here. Besides the fact that when you have to work in the morning, you don't like leaving me at home and she could be here to protect me cuz she can't go anywhere and--Hey what are you doing?!" She started yelling as Spike picked her up and placed her outside of the kitchen. He kneeled in front of the young girl.

"Okay luv, me and big sis have to talk for a little bit, go start the movie, we'll be there in a few." Dawn's smile beamed as she skipped off into the living room.

"Girls." Buffy shrugged akwardly as Spike walked back into the kitchen.

"'S not such a bad idea, pet." He shrugged.

"What? And don't use those British terms of endearment with me when we're talking about me moving in. It'd kinda....Unky."

"Makin' new words are we?" He crossed his arms in front of his chest and leaned against the counter.

"Not a new word. Existed for a long long time. You've just never heard of it because you're not as literate as I."

"Is that so?"

Buffy smiled "Uh-huh." She bit her lip before taking a nervous sip from the mug. She grimaced as the blood had now gone cool. It was rather strange how accustomed Spike had gotten to watching her eat. It wasn't even akward anymore. He used to leave the room or make her leave the room when she ate. He was very against spending any time at all with her. Now he wanted her to move in? "I'm not sure if me living here is such a good idea Spike."

Spike raised a scarred eyebrow. "I don't see the bad."

It was Buffy's turn to raise her eyebrow. "First off you don't even like me. Second off....You don't even like me."

"Says who?" He asked innocently.

Buffy and Spike both walked in unison to the small circular table in the corner of the kitchen. "Says the one who says 'Bloody bint,' and 'Daft bitch...' And other randomly inserted bloody and bleedin's before any other swearword."

"Doesn't mean I don't like you."

Buffy sat for a moment, swirling the straw in the pool of blood. She was momentarily mesmerized by the movement. She had gotten used to random strikes of blood lust, but was always able to keep a clear head. So long as nothing interrupted her calming process. It was yet another thing Spike had gotten used to and embraced the fact that she was in all actuality a vampire. He had accepted it and moved on. It took a few years, but it finally happened. She broke her blood lust after a few moments and was able to look into Spike's brilliant blue eyes once more. If nothing calmed her down, looking into his eyes would have done it.

"Listen, pet. The past month with Dawn has been one of the most amazing months I've had in a long while. She's a bloody blessing, that girl. She would love nothing more then to have her big sis stay here. And I'm okay with that."

Buffy listened silently and stayed silent for a few beats longer. "I'm not sure if I can, Spike." She said, wondering whose alien words were coming from her mouth. Why couldn't she stay? One glance up and it was all right in front of her. Irrational emotions flooded the small woman in realization. She had always suspected she had a thing for Spike, but this was ludicris. She kept her feelings to herself...For now. Spike raised himself from the table slowly, if Buffy didn't know better, she would have sworn a small look of hurt had crossed his features. "You think on it, pet. It'd really mean a lot to the bit." He started towards the door before looking back to Buffy. "And to me." And with that he was in the living room, leaving Buffy to her thoughts.