Author's Chapter Notes:
Sooo. What do you think? PLEASE REVIEW. I'm not even joking, that's why I keep posting haha. I have been checking my reviews about every 10 minutes. Seeing if I get something new. Kinda short chappy, but I'm tired and wanted to post something :-D
You said I began
This messy state of love affair
And I drink too much and smoke too fast
And this city's cleared my innocence

Coffee is pouring out my ears
It's the only thing they have in here
And my heart stops beating

--Heartstopper, Emiliana Torrini

::Chenille : You can't help who you love, Derek, you're not supposed to.
--Save the last dance
::Juliet: My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me that I must love a loathed enemy.
--Romeo and Juliet



"Down in front!" Buffy shouted as she threw the burnt popcorn at Dawn's head, who was currently kissably close to the television. Very dangerous territory when Leonardo DeCaprio was involved. Dawn pouted and grabbed a pillow, hugging it tightly as she scooted back to the edge of the couch.

"But they have to be together! Juliet totally loves him!" She sighed and slumped down a little more. Buffy looked over at Spike who was currently a little too close for comfort. His leg almost brushed hers as they sat side by side on the couch. Dawn awkwardly made sure of that.
"I mean just because it's against societies rules doesn't make it bad..." Dawn went on, trying to be nonchalant about it, but failing miserably. She looked out of the corner of her eyes keeping her head faced to the T.V. almost nervously.
"But it'll never work." Buffy said, not really sure if she was talking about Romeo and Juliet or something completely different. It was odd when she actually compared the life of Juliet to her own. She was aware that she was in love with Spike, she accepted it, embraced it, bought the t-shirt and then moved on. Wait...I love Spike... She thought to herself, absentmindedly twirling a strand of golden silk hair on her finger. Yeah, I guess that makes sense... "Capulets are bad. Bad bad things. They kill Montagues just because they can get away with it. And just because Juliet is different doesn't mean its gonna work. They'll fight way too much."

Spike raised a scarred eyebrow at her. Buffy was thrown into a whirlwind of memories. She remembered that scar. It was about a week after she was condemned "fluffy-bunny-doe-like," her and Spike had been sparring. Spike threw a jab at her nose, which ultimately pissed Buffy off. The vampiress had grabbed him by the back of his shirt and thrown him into a pile of boxes and 2x4's. There was a lot of bleeding. A lot of bloodlust, and a grand 'ol trip to Sunnydale hospital, where Sunny-D's finest had patched him up and sent him home. Buffy was sure she was going to be staked that night. But Spike didn't mutter a word, just simply retreated to his room and slammed the door. It's almost as he was semi-grateful now for the incident. Said the scar gave him character, made him all manly.
"Luv," Spike interrupted her brain-babble, which was fine and dandy in Buffy's mind. "Even though her kin isn't the best a girl could hope for, Romeo sees what a bloody brilliant bird Juliet is." Spike slowly tilted his head to the side, running his tongue along the edge of his teeth, which Buffy had come to find out that is Spike's way of thinking. Ultimately, by looking unbelievably sexy, Spike's wheels in his brain were able to turn round and round and round. Leaving Buffy to her own thinking. "It would be a lot of work...But at least Romeo is willing to try." He said with a bit more huskiness in his voice then intended.
Dawn looked at both her sister and guardian before glancing at her watch. "Wowee...Look at the time...10:30." She made a great show of stretching as far as her tiny arms would reach and yawning with a mouth a tad too wide. "Whoo, I'm tired...I think I'll go to bed." She said before scurrying off to the safety of her room, leaving the door cracked slightly and her ear peeking out, straining to hear every syllable.

Buffy shifted so she was facing Spike. "But..But they die! All that crap that happens and they both kill themselves. How is that of the working?"

"Wait...What? I thought we were using the movie as a metaphor?" Spike said, confused. He ran a hand through his hair. Buffy threw her hands up.
"Guh! We were! You totally ruined it!" She said before standing up and stomping into the kitchen, Spike hot on her heels. Bloody bird's completely insane.
"So you're saying that if something were to happen between you and me, we'd die?" Spike asked Buffy, who was reaching in the fridge for a packet of blood. She pulled out of the refrigerator, bag in hand, biting off the corner of the plastic and taking a large gulp. She paused momentarily, looking at Spike who was staring waiting for an answer. He didn't even cringe at the blood, he looked as if she were drinking nothing more then a Coke. Buffy sighed and slumped against the counter, shifting slightly at the wood digging into her back.
"Not die...more or less kill eachother."
"Summers, your off your soddin' rocker." Spike growled as he took two large steps across the small kitchen, coming within inches to Buffy's face. "Vampire, I get it. We fight, I know. I just...guh!" Spike threw his arms up and backed away before hovering over her once more. Buffy shrinked back from his angry glare. "I can't help but feel that there's something between us! Ever since Dawn came into our lives! It's like it was bloody meant to be! I mean with you, to be cast such an ugly lot in life and then to rise above it. To seek out better, nobler things. It's inspirational, init? And the two of us...natural enemies, thrown together to stand against the forces of darkness. Utter trust. No thought of you biting me, no thought of me staking you." He said with a slight smirk.

"Spike, I'm not saying that there's nothing. I deffinantly feel...Something." She started before Spike cut her off once more.
"No, stop. You don't know what it's like. To be that close to you and not have you. To be all alone even when you're sitting bloody next to me. You're bleedin' surroundin' me. That scent..." Buffy couldn't believe her ears, he was speaking everything she wanted to hear.She's wanted to hear for so long. She almost pinched herself to make sure she was awake. Spike pressed his cheek against her own, leaning over to whisper in her ear. "You don't know my past Summers. I shouldn't feel this way...Not about a vampire. Not about anyone since Cecily. But I do. God save me but I do."

Buffy brought a shaky hand up, abandoning her blood bag to grasp a hold of the back of Spike's head, running her fingers through the untamed curled mess. "I feel that way every waking moment. Every time we patrol. Every time we play a game with Dawn. I feel it. Straight to my bones I feel it."
Spike pulled back to look at Buffy, he stared into her bright green eyes. Full of such power, passion and life. She was a wild, free woman. Spike reached up and cradled a blonde strand in his fingers, lightly playing with her silken curls. Buffy could feel his hearbeat souring. It was in that moment of clarity, she realized that their first kiss was inevitable. Buffy licked her lips in anticipation as Spike dipped in between them to close the gap. Millions upon millions of butterfies with bat-like wings swooped and scrambled in the pit of Buffy's stomach. The only rational thought racing through her mind was his lips are so soft. Everything else seemed to have simply melted away, like butter sitting in the middle of the Sahara desert. The world ceased to exist in her mind. To her, she was simply a girl, and he was simply a man. No Council, no vampires, no demons. Buffy pressed herself against Spike, rubbing her leg against his growing erection. Spike moaned and began to nibble on her lower lip.
Buffy's knees somehow de-evolved into little knee-shaped jell-o slices. Spike sensed her straining to stay upright, picking her up in his muscular arms he slowly set her on top of the counter. Buffy opened her mouth slightly to allow Spike's probing tongue. Spike brought a hand up to Buffy's perfect mounded breast, caressing it softly. The vampiress tilted her head back and let out a moan, which Spike used to gently kiss from the bottom of her ear to her neck, stopping every so often to lick and nip at the tender skin. He flicked a thumb against her nipple, feeling the skin completely under the sheer fabric of her tank-top. There were still way too many clothes in the way. Spike reached down and grabbed the bottom of her shirt, attempting to lift it up and reveal her precious bre-

RING!!!

"Oh, bugger all!" Spike cursed into Buffy's lips. She pulled away gently as Spike struggled to keep hold.


RING!!!

"Get it." Buffy said softly as she attempted to compose herself. Spike stomped off to the manilla colored phone that was hanging on the wall of the kitchen. He had half the mind to rip it from where it stood, but he knew full well that the 'Bit would have a heart attack.
"What?" Spike said angrily into the phone.
"Kay Mr. Grumpy pants...I'll go elsewhere with my business." The feminine voice pouted on the other line.

"Hey Red." Spike sighed into the phone.

"Am I interrupting something? I'm interrupting. Guess the demon that attacked Xander can wait."

"Wait..What happened. Is the whelp okay?" Spike asked worriedly. Buffy jumped off the counter and walked to where Spike was standing. "What's wrong?" She asked with genuine concern. Spike held a finger up.
"Xander's okay. He was all with the running. Some big blue slimy demon guy. Said he could sense the Slayer on him. Wanted him to take him to her."

"What?" Spike asked incredulously.
"What I'm trying to say is, the Slayer is in town and apparently we have her number."

________________________________________________________

A few hours later they were all meeting at the magic shop. Ran and owned by Spike himself, with a little help from Xander's ex-demon girlfriend Anya. Spike was still semi-grumpy, Buffy noticed as she sat on top of the counter swinging her legs. From time to time she caught him giving her googly-eyes, the looking away like he was suddenly bashful. Buffy found it rather cute.
"Spike, get her away." Anya said coming in from the back. "She is too close to the money. It might become contaminated by some vampire cooties."

Spike rolled his eyes and waited for the whelp to finish his story. "So lemme get this straight. Big blue ball of slime runs into you while your out getting whipped cream--which, you coulda left that part out, mate--doesn't attack you but wants you to bring him to the Slayer...You run and he just lets you go?"

Xander nodded his head. "Yeh-huh. Apparently he thinks we know the Slayer? Which I find kinda odd considering..."

Anya shot Xander a look and Spike looked down at the ground. Buffy instinctively jumped off the counter and paced by the door, feeling as if she really shouldn't be a part of this particular conversation. Spike looked back up to Buffy and shook his head. "It's okay. I think I've gotten past what happened."
"But what I don't get is--Buffy's words were cut off by crashing glass. Shards of jagged window were thrust into Buffy's arms and legs, momentarily knocking her to the ground. Luckily, the Scoobs were too far away to be hurt by the broken window. The blue demon stomped through the hole he had just made, standing as if the mortals should bow before him. Buffy stood and crossed her arms.

"Well speak of the devil. There's a door by the way."

"Slayer." The demon muttered, showing his pointy yellow teeth.
"I speak for us all when I say...Huh?" Buffy said before thrusting a fist into the demon's snout. When pulling back her hand a trail of slime stuck to her knuckles. "Ew gross. I hate trying to wash slime off of me. Gets all sticky." Buffy quipped. She balanced her weight on her left foot, bringing her right up to make contact with the demon's side. She landed the kick with a sickening crack, crashing the demon back into a wall of merchandise.
"Hey!" Anya shouted out, taking a step forward before Xander pulled her back. Spike stepped defensively in front of his friends, ready to protect if the demon got any closer. He was suddenly very grateful that Willow and Tara ageed to look after Dawn while they had the meeting at the house. He was frankly also getting tired of having to rebuild things that he owned. If it wasn't one demon crash landing into his home or the store it was another.
Buffy grabbed a large piece of glass in her hand. The jagged edges cut deep into her skin, but adrenalin was coursing through her too fast for her to notice. The vampiress placed a knee on the demon's torso to hold him down. She placed the glass against his throat. "You're going to tell me what I want to know, got it? Then you're going to give me two good reasons why I shouldn't kill you. These are my favorite jeans and you ruined them with your demony slime-sweat."

The demon coughed up what seemed to be a very large lougie, landing it on Buffy's cheek. She brought her free hand up to clear her face of the disgusting matter. "That is so disgusting. Now, what the hell do you think you're doing with this Slayer nonsense."

Blue guy cocked his head to the side, slithering his snake like tongue through the air, no doubtly this was the way he smelled mystical things. "You're the Slayer."

Buffy sighed and pressed the glass harder into Blue's throat, drawing out a deep green blood from the wound. "Vampire actually."
A hearty laugh came from within Blue's chest. "You can't be both?" He rasped before making an attempt to kick himself free. Buffy just pushed down harder.
"I am not the Slayer!" She yelled. "Tell me what you want!"

"To fulfill the prophecy." Blue noted. "You reek of Slayer. You are a Slayer. One of two. There will be blood."

Buffy thrusted the glass into Blue's throat, making sure the hit counted, taking it's head off. Green blood poured everywhere, soaking her shirt down with the nasty liquid. She stood and turned to the group. "He got all code-like. Sounded like the guy from Saw, I hated that movie."
The gang was at a loss of words. They simply sat and stared.

___________________________________________________

"I am not the Slayer. I don't want to talk about this anymore." Buffy growled as her and Spike entered the dark house. They had been arguing about the night since everyone decided to get together the next day for a full-on Scooby meeting while Dawn was at school. Buffy stomped up the stairs and into her room. Guest room Spike corrected himself, She hasn't agreed to anything yet.

Spike tiredly crossed the room and sat down at the wooden desk. He felt an odd sense of deja-vou. It reminded him of the last time he had to call the Council about Buffy.
Spike dialed the numbers to Travers, the Watcher answered after only two rings. "Travers." The voice on the other line stated.

"It's William Pratt. We have a situation here."

He could hear Travers sighing on the other line. "Yes?"

"It's Buffy. The vampire with a soul? Some demon came into the shop tonight. Crashed the place up bad. Claimed Buffy is the Slayer."

"And?" The aggravation in the older man's voice was evident.

"What do you mean 'and?' This is a big enough thing by itself."

"William--or I guess it's Spike now." Travers said with a bit of arrogance. There was a slight chuckle in his voice. Spike could tell Travers was laughing at him. He knew the Council kept tabs on them, but he didn't mind. "We've known for quite some time now that your little vampire was called a few days before she was turned. We've known for nearly a year."

"You didn't figure this was relevant for me to know why?" Spike raised his voice in anger. He could feel the fury eating at him.

"The Council figured with your past love affair with the last Slayer. We didn't want to bring it up. We can't have another Watcher/Slayer relationship. Especially if this one happened to be a vampire."

"You soddin' ponce." Spike let out a string of curses.

"There was another Slayer called once Ms. Summers was turned. Faith, I believe is her name. With the raised amount of demon activity, I believe I will send Faith and her watcher to you in a matter of days."

"So thas it? You're just going to move on from the subject?"

"Mr. Pratt. There really is no need to discuss it further. I would have suggested you would kill the beast before the council found out about her...heritage. I had you let her live in the beginning, I thought she might have made a good 'spy' if you will, but she had become a notorious vampire killer."

"Buffy is no beast, you best shut your gob with that rot!" Spike shouted, suddenly becoming very British.
"Mr. Pratt. I'm sending Faith and Mr. Wyndam-Price to you in a matter of days. You will get along with them. I will allow Buffy to her duties as the Slayer, considering she is the active Chosen One. Faith is simply just back up. Has the strength, Buffy has the mystical energy."

Spike would hear no more of what Travers had to say. He slammed the phone down on it's cradle before resting his head in his hands.

___________________________________________________

Buffy heard a soft knocking on the door. "Come in." She shouted from beneath her goose-feather comforter. Spike bashfully opened the door a crack. "It's me." He said softly. Buffy rolled her eyes, a slight smile peeking out.
"I still stand by my invitation." She said, scooting herself over so Spike could lay down next to her. He fully took her up on the offer, slipping under the covers and wrapping his warm arms around her. Buffy lay facing him, gazing into his bright eyes.

"Luv," He started but Buffy put a finger to his lips.
"Not yet. Let's just lay here." She whispered. And with that, they did. She listened to the evenness of his breath until she knew he fully fell asleep. Safe in her arms.
_________________________________________________

So that's when it started. My vampire life sort of came crashing down around me. I was thrown in to new situations. Before no one had any expectations of me. Now I was the Slayer? I had to be a fucking leader when I preferred to be the smart-ass wall flower. I mean I had absolutely no sense of direction in this whole Slayer business. But with a Watcher like Spike...I was bound to flourish. Okay, I'm tired of typing. I just wanna see Spike.