Two large double doors stood before Buffy, waiting to be opened. She reached for the handle and opened both doors at the same time. She stood there for what seemed like forever, staring at a long hallway that seemed to have no end. She traveled down the extended hallway and noticed a number of doors with an array of colors on both sides. She stared at them intently, trying to decide which one to open first. She decided on the green door and cautiously walked into the room. She saw Parker standing there with that overly charming smile that, once upon a time, she naively thought was for her eyes only. He strolled up to her, never losing his smile and kissed her cheek.

"I had so much fun with you, Buffy. Convincing you to be with me was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Not much of a challenge but fun none the less."

"Why do you have to play with the minds of every girl you meet? Why did you use me?" Buffy scowled.

"Use you? Buffy, we used each other. We both got what we wanted."

"Do you actually think that all I'm looking for is a night of casual sex?"

"Aren't you?" Parker asked, then faded away.

She suddenly found herself in the hallway once again with more colorful doors staring her in the face, however the green door that she had already occupied was now completely boarded up.

She chose the Yellow door this time and saw Riley standing there with his hands behind his back, looking as innocently normal as he always has.

"Nice to see you, Buffy."

Buffy walked to Riley with a sympathetic smile. "I'm so sorry things ended so badly between us."

"It's ok, Buffy. I always knew you didn't love me."

"Riley, I.." Buffy began.

"No, don't explain. I understand now."

"Understand what?"

"I'm not what you needed." Riley stated flatly. "It wasn't your fault. You couldn't help the way you felt. You needed someone who sparks the fire within you and that just wasn't me. I hope you find him, Buffy."

Riley suddenly disappeared, just as Parker had and she found herself once again in the hallway with another choice to make. She stood before two more doors, one red and one blue.

She took hold of the blue door's knob. "Let's see what's behind door number three."

Just as she suspected, Angel was standing on the other side of the blue door. So much has happened lately that she didn't even have time to miss him. As she saw him standing before her, mixed emotions clouded her thinking. She was happy to see him but her feelings seemed different now. She didn't know if she should be happy that she had finally begun to get over him or sad at the thought of those feelings slowly drifting away.

She wondered if she just missed that feeling of being in love. Missed the fact that there was someone out there that she always looked forward to seeing. Having someone to confide in, someone who knew her inside and out but loved her in spite of it. Someone she could count on. Someone that would never leave her. Deep down she knew that person wasn't Angel because he had left her. She desperately needed someone to be there for her but he left anyway because he had convinced himself that she would be happier in the long run. He thought it was for the best. He thought he was doing it out of love but knowing why he had abandoned her didn't stop it from hurting any less.

Angel walked up to her and grabbed both of her hands and held them in his own.

"Before you say anything, I want you to know how much I've missed you and how much I'll always miss you. I left because I couldn't give you everything you needed. Things would have gotten much worse if I had stayed."

"You didn't have the right to make that decision." Buffy argued.

"Buffy, how many times were we together kissing and touching?" He swept a hand gently down her cheek. "All that time I knew how much you cared about me. I knew you wanted to get closer than I was capable of."

"That wasn't important to me. I wanted to be with you and if that meant not being fully intimate then we would have dealt with that." Buffy stared at him with regret in her eyes.

"Intimacy always gets in the way, Buffy. I knew about the curse. I knew how much I loved you and how happy it would make me to be with you. I risked everything just so I could make love to you and because of it I almost ended up killing you."

Suddenly Angelus appeared and stood beside Angel.

"Why hello sweetheart!" Angelus greeted with a sardonic smile. "I know how much that night we had meant to you but please you have GOT to stop begging!"

Angelus took a step back and eyed Buffy up and down.

"Ah, look at you." Angelus continued. "You are all grown up and back from the dead. I was so disappointed when I heard that you were worm food. I wanted to be the one to put you in the ground but it looks like I have another chance after all."

Angel stood in front of Angelus and blocked Buffy's view of him. "Do you see now? Angel gave her a sorrowful look. "Do you see why I had to let you go?"

Angel faded and once again, Buffy found herself in the hallway. The three doors she had previously entered were now gone and only one remained. She took a deep breath and entered the room with the red door.

Spike saw her walk in and sauntered up to her immediately. Buffy looked at him and her brow wrinkled with utter confusion.

"Spike? What the hell are you doing here?"

"I'll always be here, Buffy. I'll never leave you no matter how hard you try to push me away. Please, just let me love you. I can be good without a soul. I want to be better man for you. I would rather die than ever disappoint you."

A silver tray appeared in Spike's hand and a telephone lay on top of it. It started to ring.

"Answer the phone, Buffy." Spike said.

"Who is it?" Buffy asked in wonderment.

"Your true love." Spike smiled slyly.

Buffy abruptly sat up in bed. Her heart was racing because of the blaring sound of the phone that woke her. She always tends to panic and become disoriented whenever a ringing telephone wakes her out of her slumber. Her mind tried it's hardest to put together what was happening. When she finally came to her senses she reached over toward the bedside table and grabbed the receiver.

"Hello." She said groggily, her heart still pounding a little too fast.

"Good morning, luv. Did I wake you?" Spike greeted.

"Spike?" Buffy rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. "What time is it?"

"It's eight in the morning. Time for sleeping beauty to get out of bed."

"I'm hardly sleeping beauty, Spike. When I get up in the morning I resemble some of the scary demons I've killed."

"Not possible." Spike said. "Get your cute butt out of bed. We have to go over our game plan starting with that pesky little tidbit about me bursting into flames if I step out in the bright sunshine."

Buffy let his little flirty compliments slide on account of being too tired to argue. She yawned and tried to block out the blazing sun that was shining through the partially opened curtains.

"Luckily for you, Spike, I had enough brains to think about that earlier. Don't worry. Willow will be coming by later to help you with your little problem."

There was a sudden knocking at Buffy's door and since Spike was on the phone she wondered who in the world it could be at such an early hour.

"Hang on, Spike. There's someone at the door."

"It's room service." Spike said before Buffy had a chance to put the phone down. "I ordered you some breakfast. I hope that's ok. It's sort of like a peace offering because of last night."

Buffy sighed. "All right. Hang on ok? I've got to get the door."

She opened the door to a man who rolled in a large cart of multiple plates with fancy looking silver covers on them. She gave him a tip and he left her alone with an enormous amount of food.

After staring at the food for a few seconds, she walked back to the bedside and picked up the phone.

"And who exactly do you think is going to eat all of this food?" Buffy asked.

"Spike?" She called out when she got no answer.

"Spike?" She waited a few seconds and heard nothing but silence. "Where the hell is he?"

Her door suddenly burst open and Spike came barreling through it.

"Ever hear of knocking?" Buffy asked. "And how the hell did you get in here anyway."

"I stole a master key off of one of the maid's carts." Spike admitted with a smirk.

Buffy rolled her eyes and walked over to the window to close the curtains all the way. It almost became a force of habit to protect Spike from the sun.

"I hope no one saw you. One of these days someone is going to catch you coming up here and our cover will be blown."

"I already know that, Slayer. It's not like you haven't told me a million times already. I was careful, ok?"

"Stop calling me Slayer! You have to call me Buffy remember?"

"Nag, nag, nag! You are already starting to sound like a wife."

Spike plopped down onto her unmade bed where she had slept less than a half an hour ago. He could still feel the warmth from her body on the sheets and he breathed her scent in deeply. He folded his hands under his head and stretched out as he observed Buffy in her little cloud covered tank top and matching shorts that she had slept in.

"What is with all this food?" Buffy asked as she eyed the plates curiously. "Did you order everything on the menu or something?"

"Just about, pet. I wasn't sure what you would have a taste for this morning so I ordered a little bit of everything. That's why I came up here. I thought I would help you feast on all the goodies." He said with eyes still roaming over her body.

Buffy uncovered a plate filled with pancakes. She grabbed the maple syrup and drowned her pancakes in the sugary liquid. She sat on the edge of the bed and happily began to devour her breakfast.

"Hungry, pet?" Spike asked and sat up, making his way over to the bed's edge to sit beside her.

"I'm starving!" Buffy answered him. "This is really good! Try some."

She held out a large forkful of the fluffy goodness in front of his mouth and waited for him to take a bite.

He leaned forward and wrapped his lips around the fork, looking into her eyes the entire time. He pulled the contents off of the fork with his lips and made a sound of pleasure.

"Delicious." He stated, slowly chewing and savoring the syrup coated breakfast and his tongue darted out to lick the excess off of his lips.

Buffy unconsciously watched his mouth as he chewed. She never realized how seductive feeding someone could be.

As if reading her mind, Spike uncovered a bowl filled with chilled strawberries and dipped one into some chocolate.

"If you thought those pancakes were good, trust me, these are even better."

Spike brought the coated strawberry up to her lips and held it there. She stared at him for a few seconds, unsure of what they were doing, but that strawberry just looked way too good to pass up. She opened her mouth and took the strawberry into it as well as the tips of his fingers. She could taste the salt from his skin as well as the chocolate, which made for a spine tingling mixture on her taste buds.

Spike noticed some of the chocolate that was now making it's way down Buffy's chin. He leaned forward; his heart set on lapping it up with his tongue, when there was a knock at the door.

"Bloody Hell." Spike silently grumbled.

Buffy quickly stood up in a panic and wiped the chocolate off of her face with a cloth napkin. She made her way over to the door and opened it to be greeting by the smiling face of Willow.

"Hey Willow!" Buffy greeted. "Did everything go well with the spell I asked you to do?"

"I think so. But we won't know for sure until we test it out." Willow replied.

They both made their way over to Spike, who still sat on the edge of the bed.

"Oooh! Sugary goodness!" Willow exclaimed as she grabbed one of the strawberries and ate it after dipping it into the smooth chocolate.

"I think we may have solved your sunshine problem." Buffy said, holding out a closed fist to Spike.

Spike held an open hand underneath and waited for her to drop whatever was in her hand into his.

Her fist opened slightly dropping a ring onto Spike's palm.

"What's this?" Spike asked, studying the ring.

"Congratulations." Buffy said. "It's your very own Gem of Amara."

To Be Continued....


Thank you all for all the wonderful reviews! Your words motivate me!

Previous
Next