Morning came and Buffy awoke to the smell of sizzling bacon. She breathed in deep and enjoyed the scent before realizing exactly where she was. Her eyes opened slowly and she took in the sight of the beautiful log cabin around her. That's when she realized the only person who could have been cooking that wonderfully smelling breakfast was none other than Spike. Spike knew how to cook? She guessed that this was just one of the many surprises she would find out about him before this whole nightmare was over.

Looking at the clock, she realized that the cameras were on and that she would have to be on her best behavior. She grabbed her robe as she slipped on her slippers and headed downstairs toward the enticing smell of breakfast. Spike stood in front of the stove pushing eggs around with a spatula. She walked over, stood next to him and smiled.

"Good morning!" She greeted, kissing his cheek.

"So, how's my girl this morning?" He asked sweetly.

"I'm great! Even better now that I know my man can cook. Looks like I'm set for life."

"You better believe it." He said, pulling her toward him to kiss her neck.

"Have a seat, Buffy. Breakfast is almost ready."

Buffy sat and propped her head up with the palm of her hand. She watched Spike make breakfast, smiled, and tried to ignore the fact that he was playing chef while wearing black silk boxers and nothing else. Never in her life did she ever think she would witness a vampire in a domestic situation so watching him cook was beyond weird.

Spike set a plate in front of her filled with eggs, bacon and toast. He brought her a glass of orange juice and handed her a rose.

Her eyes widened. "Where did you get this?" She asked, smelling the rose.

"I couldn't sleep last night so I took a little stroll and thought I'd get you something."

"Oh, Spike, that's so sweet!" She exclaimed, giving him another kiss on the cheek.

A strange look suddenly came across Spike's face and Buffy wrinkled her brow as she looked at him, trying to figure out what he was thinking.

"Buffy, I think I misplaced that special shampoo I use after I bleach my hair. Would you help me find it in the bathroom." He said, eyes wide and eyebrows raised.

She could tell by the look on his face that he was trying to get her away from the cameras so they could talk alone. She took the hint, followed him into the bathroom and shut the door.

"This isn't working." Spike said as soon as she faced him after closing the door.

"What's not working?"

"This." He said pointing at himself then at her. "This isn't us. We sound like Ward and June from "Leave It To Beaver" and it's really bloody scary. Before you know it, I'll be walking around in a suit and you'll be strolling around the kitchen in a conservative housedress with a frilly apron."

"I tried to talk to you about it last night but you ran off. I didn't know how else to act."

"Well all I know is that there is no way we are going to be able to keep this up for three weeks." He sighed. "We're not about warm embraces and gentle kisses. That's way too boring for us. We've got to be ourselves."

Buffy looked at him as if he were crazy. "If we were ourselves, I'd be punching you in the face every two seconds but I really don't think that's the kind of impression that we want to make."

A look of panic suddenly crossed Spike's face. He lunged toward her and placed his hands on her hips, lifting her onto the counter right next to the sink. He placed himself between her legs and immediately started kissing the left side of her neck. She was too shocked to stop him in the beginning but started enjoying the feeling of him nibbling on the soft skin beneath her ear to even think about stopping him at all.

Pushing away the fabric of her robe, he trailed kisses down her neck and when he reached her collarbone he swept his lips across it. The velvety softness of his lips made her gasp softly. The journey continued downward toward her chest and his hand raised toward her breasts.

"Hey!" She exclaimed, swatting his hand away. "Don't forget our deal. That kind of touching is against the rules."

She put her hands on his naked shoulders and gently pushed him a few inches away. "What are you doing anyway? There are no cameras in here."

"I know. I thought I heard someone." Spike shrugged.

"And what? You thought that a camera crew was going to come bounding through the bathroom door?" She asked, sarcastically.

An instant after her words were spoken, there was a loud knocking on the door. Spike grabbed her around the waist again and held her against him.

"Come on in." Spike said.

The door opened and man in a gray sweater and black khakis stood within the doorframe with a cameraman behind him. The man's dark brown eyes observed their intimate embrace and smiled.

"Hi!" He greeted and shook Spike's hand as well as Buffy's "My name is Kevin. I'll be stopping by to visit you every so often to let you know about plans involving some of the other couples. Tonight you will all be getting together for dinner so you can meet and get to know each other. I'll come by later to get the two of you and bring you to the clubhouse."

"Should we wear anything special?" Buffy inquired, always worried about her wardrobe.

"Not at all." Kevin said. "It's not fancy or anything. Just wear whatever you are comfortable in"

Spike, who was still holding Buffy, leaned over once more and started nibbling on her ear. "I was hoping we wouldn't have to get dressed at all."

"Spike!" Buffy exclaimed, giggling. "Stop that! We have company!"

He reluctantly let her go and they both followed Kevin out the door. They all walked into the living room and stood silently while the cameraman got close up shots of them.

Kevin smiled at them once again. "It looks like you two are getting along pretty well."

"Yeah, I'm really lucky to have been paired up with this one." Spike said with his arm around Buffy as he gently kissed the top of her head.

"Great! Well, I just thought I'd check up on you and tell you about tonight's plans." Kevin turned the knob on the front door, getting ready to leave them alone. He turned slightly before walking out. "By the way, make sure you save the groping for in front of the cameras. It's good for ratings."

After Kevin left, Spike turned to face Buffy. "Feel like boosting the ratings, pet?"

"Get your mind out of the gutter."

"Fine. Maybe one of the other birds would be interested in me groping them. I think I caught a glimpse of one of them behind stage during the whole engagement scene. I've gotta say, she was looking pretty hot." Spike looked up at Buffy to see her reaction but her face was void of emotion. "I'm sure some scandal would boost the ratings. What do you think?"

"Spike, we're not here for ratings." She was about to continue on about the missing couples but remembered she had to choose her words carefully. She didn't want to give themselves away in front of the cameras. "We're here to win a dream wedding to someone we hopefully fall in love with."

"But what if it doesn't work out between us?" Spike asked. "What if we meet someone else we fancy better?"

"Well, if you are already thinking about cheating on me with the hot girl next door then maybe you're not the right guy for me anyway." She stormed upstairs and as far away from him as she could possibly get.

She wasn't sure if it was a twinge of jealousy that made her lash out or if it was just her idea of drama for the cameras. Whatever it was, at least the Ward and June problem was finally solved. After that little spat, their 60's family comedy days were over.

After a few passing hours, Spike and Buffy were the first ones in the clubhouse after Kevin showed up to get them. They were patiently waiting for the others to arrive. Buffy wanted their fight just to be a way to stir things up but she was undeniably upset. If this was complicated now, she knew it would only get worse in the future and she was having trouble telling if Spike was serious about what he said or if it was just a way to make waves in their fake relationship. As they continued to wait, she sat as far away from him on the sofa as she could, never speaking a word to him.

One of the other couples walked through the door and she knew in an instant that this must be the girl that Spike was talking about. This girl was beautiful with her long and wavy chestnut hair. Her eyes were large and the green within them sparkled like emeralds. She had full pouty lips and even fuller breasts. Buffy suddenly felt extremely inadequate bordering on homely.

Spike instantly stood and walked over to the beautiful woman. Buffy watched him drool over her like a dog and she felt a pang of something that she would rather die than call jealousy stab her in the gut.

"Hi!" The girl greeted, smiling brightly. "I'm Angela."

"Very nice to meet you, luv." Spike said, taking her hand in his and placing a gentle kiss upon it.

Buffy noticed the kiss along with the fact that she seemed to be appreciating his looks just as much as he was appreciating hers. This infuriated Buffy to the point of making her storm off without even introducing herself. She walked over to the dinner table where she sat in silence, waiting for everyone to come and join her.

She watched the three of them greet each other and overheard Angela's other half introduce himself as John.

The man left Spike and Angela to come over and sit next to Buffy. He held out his hand to offer a handshake.

"I'm John." He said and Buffy shook his hand and gave him an awkward smile. "Don't worry. I don't think she's making the moves on him. I'm pretty sure she's just a flirt."

"A flirt huh?" Buffy tilted her head and observed him. "Which house do you live in?"

"If you're facing the building, we live on the left."

"Oh! Well, she sounds like she was doing a lot more than flirting with you last night."

He blushed. "Sorry about that. We didn't think we were that loud. But I really don't think she's always like that. We just seemed to click right away. It's like we've known each other for years."

Buffy looked up and saw Angela whispering in Spike's ear while she played with the stray curls in his hair. She looked back at John and realized that he hadn't noticed their display. Instead of making some snide remark, she held back. He seemed to like her enough that he was already making excuses for her and she didn't know either of them well enough to get in the way.

"I'm Buffy, by the way." She said, making sure his attention was away from their significant others.

"That's an unusual name."

"Yeah, I know. I don't know what my mom was thinking."

"No, I like it. It's different."

Buffy smiled shyly. "Thanks."

They both looked up to see Spike and Angela on their way to the table with the third couple trailing behind them.

They all sat down and greeted each other before dinner. The new couple introduced themselves as Jason and Lorena. Sharing their names with the rest of the dinner guests is about all they did for the thirty minutes before dinner was served. Jason had the blondest of hair and the tannest of skin. It appeared as if he had finally entered the city for the first time after a lifetime on the beach. Lorena, on the other hand, was a Hispanic beauty. Her full face, dark hair and almond eyes were a complete contrast with the man she had been coupled with.

Lorena remained silent through most of the dinner and the only time Jason said a word was to belittle the woman he was supposed to be getting to know better.

After he made the comment about Lorena not having dessert because she could stand to skip a few meals, Buffy's inner slayer almost came out and leapt over the table to kick his ass. She decided to mind her own business for now and tried to look at the bright side. At least she now knew that the only real competition they had in winning this little reality game was John and Angela.

When dinner was cleared, Buffy hung around the door and wished that Spike would hurry up so they could go home. She waited impatiently as she observed him having a conversation with John about who's the better action hero, Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee.

She was so engrossed in watching the two of them argue about it, that she didn't notice Angela walk up to her.

"You are so lucky." Angela said, startling her.

Buffy jumped a little. "What?"

"You got hooked up with a real hottie. You totally lucked out."

"Your guy is great too." Buffy said.

"Yeah, great in bed." Angela said with a sly smile.

"So I've heard."

Angela glanced at her. "Oh! So you are the ones next door that we heard having a party of their own. Too bad you didn't have as good a time as I did though."

"What is that supposed to mean? I'll have you know that we had tons of fun together last night." Buffy boasted.

"That's not what it sounded like to me." Angela said, honestly. "It didn't sound like it lasted very long. I heard a few grunts and groans and the rest was silence after a very short amount of minutes."

"Obviously you've never had an orgasm so intense that you lost all ability to make sound. Frankly, I feel sorry for you." Buffy said, trying to one up her.

A flash of surprise crossed Angela's features but then she chuckled. "Don't try and compete with me. You won't win. I have yet to meet someone who is able to keep up with me."

"Well, congratulations." Buffy's eyes narrowed. "You've finally met your match."

To Be Continued...