Reading a magazine and sipping some tea, Buffy sat on the leather sofa of their log cabin living room and waited for Spike to come home. After her run in with Angela, Buffy decided to go straight home. It was now after one in the morning, which meant that all the cameras were now shut down but Spike still hadn't returned.

As she flipped through the pages of countless make-up and fashion ads, she tried not to think about what he may be doing and why he had been gone so long. He was getting way too cozy with Angela and as much as she hated to admit it, she didn't like the way she felt when she saw them together. It was almost as if something of hers was being stolen from her. She knew how crazy that sounded but the one thing that she never had any control over was her feelings. No one really has any say over how they feel about someone. You can feel a certain way one day and within a span of 24 hours something unexpected can happen to make you feel completely different the next time you see them.

She hated those unexpected feelings. It all seemed so unfair. She never liked the fact that there could be anything in this world that she didn't have control over and her feelings were the one thing that topped that list. She had no power over them; instead the way she felt always had power over her. Her feelings are what led her to make countless decisions in her life but these new feelings that were forming for Spike were something she intended to fight until the bitter end.

At the same time, she couldn't stand the thought of Angela winning and would do everything in her power to defeat her. She was angry at the way Angela unknowingly made her feel inferior and even if it meant giving into some of those unwanted feelings for Spike, she knew she had to pull out all the stops in able to conquer the other couple.

The sound of an opening door pulled Buffy out of her reverie. She put her magazine down and looked up to see Spike walking in.

"Spike, we have to have lots and lots of sex." She spoke immediately.

He just stood, frozen at first. His eyes were wide and his jaw open slightly with astonishment before he willed himself to speak.

"Did I fall asleep? Am I dreaming?" He said and looked around the room in confusion.

"Where have you been?" She asked, speaking another one of the many things she had on her mind.

"I was just hanging out with John and Angela. You should have stuck around. It was actually a lot of fun." He said sitting down next to her.

"I bet it was." Buffy spat. "So, did you sleep with her?"

"What?"

"You heard me. You seemed awfully chummy with her before. I can tell you are attracted to her and she definitely wants you so.."

Spike cut her off. "Have you gone mad? Where is this coming from?"

"I had a little chat with Angela before I left and she seems very competitive. I just figured she found some way to get you alone so she could jump your bones."

"Buffy, we just talked and John was there the whole time. She didn't exactly have a chance to come on to me."

"But you would have reciprocated if she did right?"

"Are you jealous?" Spike asked with a small smirk.

"Of course not but no one is going to believe that we have feelings for each other if you are getting all googly eyed over someone else."

"I'm not getting googly eyed!"

"Yeah right! You were fawning all over her. There was so much drool I thought you were going to start a flood."

"You ARE jealous!" He pointed a finger at her, accusingly.

"I am not!"

"Then what was with the lots and lots of sex comment that you made when I first walked in?" Spike asked, eyebrow raised.

"I just want to beat them, that's all."

"So, you want to have sex?" He asked seductively, moving closer.

"No!" She answered, pushing him away.

Spike sighed. "Buffy, you're not making any sense."

"We just have to start being more affectionate toward each other. John and Angela already had sex and we haven't even had a make out session yet."

"You wanna make out then?"

"Well, not now. The cameras aren't even on! But we will eventually have to have sex."

A look of hope sparked over his face.

"We're not having sex for real." She said, giving him a swat on the arm after seeing his surprised but pleased expression.

"So, what? We are going to have fake sex then?"

"Exactly."

"And how do you suppose we are going to do that?"

"Easy. We just have to make it look like we're having sex."

"Wouldn't it be easier just to have sex?" Spike asked with puppy dog eyes.

Buffy narrowed her eyes at him.

"I guess not." Spike sighed, sinking himself down into the couch. " I still think you're jealous though."

"Would you knock it off with that? I am not jealous. Why in the world would I be jealous?"

"I think you like me."

"I SO do not like you!"

"Prove it." He demanded.

"How?"

He sat up straighter and turned toward her. "Let me kiss you. No cameras. No expectations. No excuses."

"What is that going to prove? It's not like we haven't kissed before."

"That's true but I'm talking about a real kiss. A kiss with no boundaries and extra use of the tongue."

"What? No way!"

"Fine. It's ok. I get that you're scared."

"I'm not afraid of anything!" She exclaimed, defensively.

"Ok. Then let me kiss you. If you are so sure that it won't mean anything, then you have nothing to worry about."

"Fine. Go ahead." Buffy closed her eyes tightly and waited for the kiss to come.

"Buffy."

She opened up one eye so she could see him.

"Buffy, you look like a puppy about to get hit over the head with a newspaper. Just relax, alright."

"Right, ok." She took a deep breath and closed her eyes again; visibly more relaxed than the last time.

She felt the couch sink a little and heard the leather crackle as he moved toward her. She felt his presence and knew that his face was just inches away from hers.

His hand rose and gently cradled the back of her neck. Lips met lips in a soft gentleness that she didn't expect. More pressure was applied to her lips and his tongue darted out across them, waiting for an invitation to be accepted. She opened her mouth slowly and let him inside. She had to restrain herself from crying out when his tongue met hers. She forced herself to ignore the fire flooding her veins.

Her hand reached out, about to grab the back of his head so she could hold him to her but she stopped it. That one simple movement was enough to admit the guilt of enjoyment. She placed her hand under her thigh and trapped it there to prevent any further involuntary movements.

She forced herself to make no sound, to feel no part of his body or to give away any sign that his kisses were making her thighs light up in flames. She did, however, continue to kiss him and let her tongue duel with his.

He was the first to pull away and that right there was enough to terrify her. He stopped the kiss first, not her. She could have pushed him away. She could have stopped him several seconds ago but she didn't. She did everything she could not to give herself away and by trying so hard to deny her feelings, she did nothing but admit them.

"So, how was that?" He asked in a whisper, leaving his face only centimeters away from hers.

She took a shaky breath and willed her voice not to quiver when she answered. Her hazel eyes opened and met his blue ones.

"It was just a kiss. It was no big deal." She lied, surprising herself with how calm she sounded.

"So you didn't feel anything?"

"Nothing at all." She said, the calmness remaining in her voice. She stood up. "Well, now that I've played your little game and won. I'll be heading off to bed. I'll see you in the morning."

Her last few sentences were said without looking at him and then she disappeared upstairs.

Spike stay seated on the couch and pondered the reason for her lack of post kiss eye contact. He leaned his head upon the back of the sofa, closed his eyes and relived the kiss all over again in his mind's eye. He knew that there was something between them. She could deny it all she wanted but he could feel it. The only thing left now was to find someway to prove it.

Meanwhile, Buffy was upstairs, standing under the spray of chilled water in the shower. The feel of the cool wetness on her skin relieved the heat that once resided. She was amazed at how much one kiss had affected her. Damn her thoughts and damn her feelings. No good can come of this and there was not one thing that she could do about it. She had to remain here with him, alone in this house, for a number of days.

More kissing would come followed by some touching and fleeting glances. Horror would be the best word to describe that, which was slithering through her emotions. If one kiss was that amazing then what is going to happen when those kisses continued. She couldn't pretend to be unaffected forever. She knew her resolve would eventually falter and then he would know for sure. She was starting to fall for him.

To Be Continued...