Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you guys like and send me some reviews, or email me. :)
Chapter 4: You’re So Vain, You Probably Think This Is About U

Dusk. This was one of Spike's favorite times. It meant he could roam the street and not worry about the sun. Sitting in front of the TV, Spike waited for the sun to fully set so he could leave his cushion fort. He had been laying on the couch most of the day, sleeping off and on, watching Japanese anime, saving his energy for that night’s hunt. That's what everyone had been doing all day. Spike hadn't heard from the girls for a few hours. Buffy had been out of sight all afternoon.

Spike remembered the first time he saw Buffy. She was dancing at The Bronze with her friends. Having a good time, unaware of his presence. He thought about the lame excuse that he used to get her outside in the alley. That there was some guy outside biting people.

"That was bloody stupid." He chuckled.

Getting up to leave, Spike walked down the hallway where he bumped into Buffy.

"Hey Buffy, is everything set?"

"Yeah yeah, sure fine." Buffy was acting shifty toward Spike.

"Is everything alright luv?"

"Yes Spike I'm fine. God, quite asking me that!" Buffy looked uncomfortable and her eyes were darting around the hallway, looking for an escape.

"Buffy do you not want me around?"

"What?"

"Well…it's just that you've been giving me all this on and off again touchy-feely crap, and now what, you're giving me the cold shoulder?"

"OK, first of all, you sound like a teenager, and second of all, I don't know what the hell you're talking about."

"Oh don't go all dumb blonde on me. You know damn well what I'm talking about."

Buffy's eyes narrowed. "Whoa, excuse me, 'dumb blonde'? The only dumb blonde I see around here is you Spike! I can't believe that we’re fighting about something so… so stupid!"

"Mmm, so you admit we're doing something…together?"

Buffy was so angry at Spike, and the fact that he could see right through her, that she punched him square in the jaw.

"You're a bloody tease, you know that Slayer." Spike said as he clutched his mouth.

"I thought hitting you would make me feel better, but it didn't. I don't even know why I even still talk to you Spike." Buffy sighed. "Why I let myself be in your company, because every time I do, something like this always happens. I just-"

"BUFFY!" Shouted a familiar voice.

Buffy and Spike exchanged quick glances, and dashed toward the living room, where they found Takara peering out the window.

"What? What is it?" Buffy asked franticly.

"We have some visitors."

When Buffy saw what was outside, a look of shock flooded her face. Vampires where filling the front lawn of Takara's small house. There were so many of them. To Buffy, it looked like there were dozens of vamps gathered into a huge group. They were snarling and hissing, shouting for the slayer to come out for a tussle. At the front of the very large vampire ensemble were Camron and Ty, who were put in charge of leading the group of nasty vamps.

"Son of a bitch!" Takara yelled as she continued watched the vampires, which were occupying her yard. "It's Ty and Cam."

"Sorry hon, not really following here." Buffy said.

"Ty and Camron. The two guys in the front. They work for Matsumoto. I cannot believe they found me. We have to do something, I can't just sit here!"

"I think you should calm down a bit while I handle things."

"Buffy's right," Spike said while taking a new pack of smokes out of his pocket. "Why don't you go and do some meditation, and fold your little paper animals, or whatever the bloody hell you Japanese do, while Buffy does the dirty work and takes all the credit like always."

Buffy shot Spike an eye piercing look. "Spike, if you have something to say--"

"I already did."

"Uhh Buffy, do you want to help me get weapons?" Takara asked, trying to break the tension.

"Fine." Buffy said coldly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the front of the house, Camron and Ty were trying to keep the rest of the group under control.

"Who the hell came up with this ass wipe of a plan? I mean we’re not getting any action," Ty wined.

"Well I don't know about you, but I get plenty of action," replied Camron, waggling his eyebrows at Ty.

"Don't bullshit me! You know what I'm talking about. Everyone else is getting restless, and it’s not like we can just walk right in there and kill 'em all."

"Quit complaining! The time will come when we will have our chance to rip their throats out, but until then, we wait."

"Fucking asshole." Ty huffed under his breath.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three gathered in the doorway, equipped with weapons. They stood quietly, observing their opponents.

"Is everything ready?" Buffy asked looking at Spike. They had pretty much cooled down since their fight, but Buffy couldn't stop thinking about it. Spike had made her so angry for thinking that she didn't want him around. *So why can't I just tell him that?*

Takara glanced at Buffy, "Always… but there's so many, so you two can go on ahead, and I'll check up later, OK?"

Spike snorted. "Not bloody likely!" He turned to Buffy. "Don't worry then Slayer, I got your back."

"Thanks Spike, that's what I like to hear. Now, getting back to the there's-a-whole-crap-loada-vampires-right-outside-the-door-that-need-to-be-killed plan: we go in strong, weapons high and ready, we can't afford to get hurt. Got it? Good. Let’s go."

Taking a deep breath, Buffy nodded toward Spike and Takara giving them the go ahead. They all ran outside and attacked the first vampires in sight. This set the other vamps off balance. They were taken by surprise by this instant chaos. Buffy took the right side of the field, fighting off vampires, dusting them one by one. As she fought, a vampire clocked her good in the face, sending Buffy backwards, crashing to the ground. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Spike ripping through the crowd of demons, while he cursed and swore at them. Getting up, she went after the vamp that knocked her down.

"I'll teach you!" Buffy snipped at him, and ran a stake through his heart. She walked right through the dust and ash the vampire left behind, ready to kill the next monster in her path.

Spike and Takara were occupying the other side of the yard fighting off the vampire, and they seemed to be slowing down.

"Is it just me, or is it this getting harder?" Takara called over to Spike.

"It's not just you luv. These vamps seem to keep coming."

"Well that's no fun." Takara said sarcastically while cracking a vampire's ribs with a kick, "I like to work up a sweat but-AWWW!"

Takara clutched her head and violently fell backwards. Flashes of pictures filled her head, along with intense pain.

To Be Continued…..