Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the hiatus, you guys. I have no beta reader, and no one to bounce ideas off of. I hope I took this story in the right direction, and I hope… well, I just hope it’s good at the very least. Let me know.

Thanks to cordykitten (they were never married), smlcspike (hope this makes up for it ;), rosie, margaret, and fallen_angel.
Spike sat alone in the dark on his couch. Evidently, the same spot where Drusilla had been several hours before. Dru. Bloody bitch. He was going on his sixth or seventh bottle of beer. He wasn’t doing well at all. He wasn’t sure what to think or what to say. He only wanted to see and talk to one person, and she was on her way.

*******

Buffy wasn’t sure what to think when she got the phone call from Spike. He sounded so… distraught? Weary? Was there a hint of anger in his voice? She couldn’t put her finger on it. Whatever it was, he surely was not himself.

When she walked up the pathway to his house, she noticed that all of the lights were out. But his car was in the driveway, so he had to be there. He wouldn’t call her and just leave. She got to the door, ringing the doorbell, and only silence greeted her. She knocked, she called his name, and she assumed she made a somewhat spectacle of herself in front of his neighbors, if they were watching. Or listening. Usually, wasn’t somebody always watching?

Feeling frustrated, she called out again, “Okay, Spike. I’m coming in.” She turned the door knob. It was open. With a shake of her head and feeling quite silly, she walked inside. As soon as she closed the door to the darkened house, he grabbed her from behind.

“Buffy, love. So glad you came.” He said, kissing the side of her neck. Buffy was shocked, and could smell the alcohol on him.

“Spike, what are you-"

“Shh. No worries now. As long as we’re together, everything will be fine. Right?” She turned around in his arms and looked at him with concern. She touched the side of his face, and he felt like sobbing. He didn’t; he merely sighed.

“What happened? Where’s Dawn?”

“At my father’s. She came today, here.”

“Who? Who came here?” She asked gently.

“Drusilla. She thinks that I can’t see what she’s trying to do. She wants her, I know it.”

“Oh, Spike. I’m so sorry. But she can’t just-"

“Damn bitch. I won’t let her. What? She thinks she can just come here, after all these years and- and… Buffy?” His eyes were glassy. She didn’t know what to do.

“What do you need me to do?” She asked softly.

“Help me. Please- help me forget. Help me forget everything.” So Buffy kissed him. She wanted so badly to help him. And it was… different. He was different. He was more insistent; more demanding. And yet he seemed so… lost. So incredibly lost. He pawed and grabbed and pulled at her clothes as he backed her up towards the couch while kissing her. She let him. In his ever more becoming frantic state, he managed to pull off her shirt and to pull down her pants and panties. Turning her around, he grabbed her torso with one hand, the other going straight towards her steadily becoming wet sex.

“Do you want it?” He asked huskily in her ear, his fingers performing some sort of magical spell on her sensitive nerves. She moaned in want before saying yes- twice. Removing his hand from her torso, he put his hand on her lower back, gently pushing her over the arm of the couch. As he continued to rub and massage her, she could hear his belt buckle being undone and his zipper slowly coming down. Then she felt him nudging at her slick entrance. He placed both of his hands onto her hips, grasping her tightly as he slid all the way in. She gasped in surprise, though she wasn’t sure why. He started out in slow, long strokes.

“I can’t believe it. You stayed here in the darkness, with me.” He whispered, moving excruciatingly slow in and out of her.

“Spike.” She panted out, gripping the couch cushions.

“I think I’m falling in love with you Buffy. You saved me, from myself.”

“Spike.” She couldn’t think straight. She didn’t know what she would say even if she could. Not that what he said mattered. He was sorta drunk, and he couldn’t possibly have meant… He started moving faster.

“Did you know that pet? It’ll never be her- never again. Just us, right? Yea? Tell me, please.” He knew he was babbling, but he wasn’t sure how much control he had over himself at the moment. Too much alcohol. He’d have to work on that. He moved even faster, snapping his hips against her backside.

“Yes. Yes. Oh Spike…” Buffy panted. She could feel him, deep inside of her, his hot flesh against her flesh, and she felt lost. To everyone. To everything- but him. Nothing but him. She felt good. Real good.
Spike wanted to let it all go so bad, but it was like he couldn’t. He couldn’t stop. He couldn’t release himself. He didn’t know if it was the booze, or his emotional state, but he couldn’t finish. All he could do was to keep pumping away. Leaning over her, his chest to her back, he felt a couple of wretched tears escape.

“Oh Buffy. Luv please. Help me. I need you…” He pleaded as he thrust into her. Buffy closed her eyes, breathing deeply, feeling his warm tears drip onto her back. She felt his weight on her, in more ways than one.

“Spike. I need you too. I need you to come, deep inside of me. Please. Please, please, please.” She begged as she gasped. She clenched herself around him as he tensed and released, and released, and released himself into her. She felt herself let go too, and it felt freeing, and wonderful. Bloody sweet nirvana.

A moment passed before Spike pulled out of her with a deep sigh. He stood up, and then pulled Buffy up after him, turning her around so that she faced him. He caressed her cheek gently before picking her up, for her feet were tangled in her pants and panties, and down on the couch with her in his lap. He pulled off her gym shoes, and pulled off her pants and panties, tossing them all to the side. The only thing she had on was her lacy Angel’s bra. Spike idly fingered and pinched her right nipple while she leaned on his chest, intermittently kissing his neck.

“What happened?” She asked after awhile, hand on his chest, over his heart. He held her a bit tighter in his arms, swallowing deeply.

“Drusilla, she… She told Dawnie that she has a little sister, apparently, and that she would like for them to get to know each other. She’s claiming to be better now, and thinks that she can just waltz back into my and Dawnie’s lives, negating the past with her good intentions and sad, sorry apologies.” He explained bitterly. Buffy turned her head and looked up at him.

“She has another kid? Dawn’s- ”

“A big sister, apparently. Yea. And what really pisses me off about the whole thing is that she’s only a year younger than Dawnie. Soon as I leave, she just hops on some wanker and decides to have and keep his baby. Not only did she reject Dawn, my Dawn, but she ups and has another kid so soon after. Dawn may not realize that right now, but when she does… It’s gonna hurt her, I know it. Being rejected like that…” He said somberly. Buffy sat up a bit more in his lap and kissed his neck, cheek, and finally lips slowly and gently. She put her hand on top of his, the one that was resting on her hip.

“How’d Dawn take it?”

“Well, she seemed to be happy bout the whole sister bit.”

“Then it’ll be alright. If Dawn wants to get to know her sister, then you shouldn’t stop her.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t… I wouldn’t take that away from Dawn. I just, I don’t feel comfortable her getting cozy with Dru. I don’t trust her, Buffy. I can’t trust her.”

“Well, anytime they’re together, make sure someone’s around to make sure things are on the up and up.”
He had to admit that was a… simple solution to his tumultuous and nerve wracking problem. But after a moment, he vigorously shook his head.

“No. It has to be more to it than that. She’s a devious bitch. And I know what I have to do.” He said solemnly.

“What?”

“I have to talk to her first. One on one. Alone.” Dawn had her number scribbled on a piece of paper, which Spike confiscated of course. He had just been so damn angry… and hurt. The next day, he took the sheet of notebook paper out of his pocket, and unfolded it carefully. He looked at the ten digits, hating her for coming back. She should’ve just stayed… wherever the bloody hell she’s been all this time. He heaved a sigh, and began to dial. Three long rings passed before someone answered.

“Hello?” He asked, heart constricting in his chest.

“Hello?” A young girl asked over the phone.

“Hi, sweetheart. Is um… is your mum there?” He asked, assuming the girl to be Drusilla’s daughter.

“Um, yes. Hold on a minute.” She replied before putting the phone down. Spike could hear her calling for Drusilla soon after. A few ruffling noises, and there she was.

“Hello?” The familiar, and yet so foreign voice asked him.

“Hello Dru. We need to talk.”

“Alright, William.” He cringed at the use of his name. “Just tell me where and when?” He didn’t want her to come to his house, and he figured he’d better make things up with Dawn… He never meant to get so angry around her. That night when he thought she was… gone, and finding out about Drusilla, it had all been too much, and he blew up at her. He told Drusilla to meet them at the park, and to bring her other daughter as well. Eve was her name. He figured Dawnie could play, or talk, or do some girly thing with her while he talked to Dru.

Four tortuous days passed before the day of “The Meeting” came. Spike felt extreme trepidation, and wished to god he could have had himself a spot of courage before leaving, but he’d never drink, not even the tiniest bit, while driving Dawn around. He would never do anything to hurt his little girl.

****

Dawn could tell by the way he was gripping the steering wheel and how stiff his back was how tense her Dad was. She had to give him credit for trying, though. She was so incredibly nervous and anxious at meeting her little sister.

“Um, Dad? You sure you okay?” She asked timidly from the back seat.

“What? Oh. Um, yea luv. Doing fine. Just fine.” He half muttered to himself. He glanced at her from the rear view mirror, into her blue eyes. Her worrisome face had a somewhat calming effect on him. Spike focused on his driving.

They managed to make it to the park in one piece. Spike got out first, and helped Dawn hop down from the tall SUV. She took his hand and looked up at him, and it reassured him greatly. He nodded at her.
“Right then.” And off they went, walking across the vast green grass over to the playground area. He briefly scanned it before noticing her by the swings. Her back was to him, but he recognized her. She was a bit… fuller (in a good way), but he still recognized her figure. How could he forget? Try as he might, he could never forget. He paused a moment, and Dawn looked up at him questioningly.

“Are you ready?” She asked him, incredibly torn.

“For you.” He said, gripping her hand a bit tighter.

Together they approached the woman pushing the girl on the swings. Spike, seemingly frozen, stood there quietly, attempting to put on his “indifferent face.” Dawn caught her attention since he didn’t seem to be able to.

“Um, hi.” Dawn said shyly. Drusilla turned around in what seemed to be slow motion. She locked eyes with Spike, and looked every bit as nervous as he felt (he’d mastered the look of indifference). Drusilla broke the gaze first and looked down at Dawn.

“Hello, Dawn. I’m glad you and your father were able to make it. This is Eve.” She motioned to the blonde haired girl still swinging away. When she swung back towards them, Drusilla grasped the chains of the swing on either side of the small girl. Effectively stopping the swing, the girl hopped down and turned to face them all. She glanced at the two new comers with her brown eyes shyly before looking down at her pink and white gym shoes.

“Um, hi.” She looked up at Spike, then Dawn, pushing up her thin wire glasses up on her nose. “Mommy says you’re my new big sister?” She asked, and Dawn smiled at her.

“Yea. I’m your big sister. Dawn.” She said, sticking her hand out to the shorter girl.

“I’m Eve.” She shook Dawn’s hand before abruptly pulling the large girls towards her for a hug. Dawn looked briefly shocked, but the two girls were soon smiling. “Let’s go play!” She announced before running off, Dawn running after her. Spike’s eyes followed them over to the slides before looking at Drusilla again.

“Hello, Will-.”

“Don’t call me that. I don’t go by that name anymore.”

“Sorry.” She said a bit uneasily, clasping her hands in front of her. “Wanna have a seat?” She asked, gesturing to the park bench. It was facing the slides so they could keep an eye on the girls. Spike, jaw clenched, merely stalked over to it, and plopped down on the far end on one side of it. Drusilla sat down in the middle- not too close and not too far.

“So, what shall I call you then?”

“What? Plan on sticking around?”

“Wi-”

“It’s Spike, now.” He gritted out.

“Spike?” He just looked at her with a hint of a glare. “Alright then, Spike. I’m sure we should be able to suss this out like adults.”

“Fine.” He said, keeping his eyes on Dawn all the while, crossing his arms and overtly ignoring the traitorous woman beside him.

“Could you at least look at me?” She asked softly, reaching out to touch his tense arm. As soon as her fingertips made the barest contact, he flinched away, nearly falling off the bench.

“Jesus! What are you doing?” He asked frantically, looking at her.

“Calm down, will you? I was just trying to get your attention.”

“My attention, eh? Why couldn’t you’ve just stayed a ghost?” He asked morosely.

“Because… I thought that you and Dawnie would want to know Eve. I know I messed up, but the children shouldn’t suffer because of it. Lindsay and I-”

“Lindsay? Who’s she?”

He is the man I’ve been seeing for the past four years. We’ve done the best we could, but Eve still needs the both of you in her life. You guys are the missing piece.” Spike squinted his eyes at her, shifting his body around to face her.

“Me? Why would I-”

“Because…” Drusilla cut him off, breathing deeply before looking over at her girls. “I didn’t know it, when I left you. But I was four weeks pregnant, William. Eve is yours.”