Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks Margaret and cordykitten :D
Friday- 6:00 p.m.

Angel was distraught. He didn’t know what to do with himself. He hadn’t spoken to Cordy in about a week. He’d meant to go visit her- he really had. But then, Connor got an ear infection. Connor would always be his number one priority. By the time he was well again, an entire week had passed him by.

After much contemplation, he left work early that day so that he may make a few visits. The first- Darla’s grave.

He bought her a bouquet of white lilies to put upon her grave. He hadn’t visited her in a few months, and felt terribly guilty about it. But he realized that afternoon that he must move on. He didn’t want Connor to grow up with a ghost hanging over his head. If it hadn’t been for Spike and Wes, his home would probably resemble an eerie shrine to his beloved today. He wouldn’t stop visiting, but he knew that now was the time to let her go. Her death had not been his fault, and he decided to finally accept that. His spirit no longer felt tied down. He knew that Cordelia was part of the reason why. No longer was he bound to guilt.

As he got out of his car and walked towards her front door, he couldn’t stop the feeling of worry that seemed to be plaguing him. True, he had not contacted her, but she had not contacted him as well. He hoped that she would take his peace offering- two beautiful bouquets of red roses and a sincere apology.

Ringing the buzzer to her apartment, he waited patiently for her to answer. Thirty seconds later, he rang it again. This time, she answered.

“Hello?”

“Cordy- it’s me, Angel. Can I come up please?” She heard the pleading tone of his voice. Not answering him, she merely buzzed him up.

‘At least she’s letting me in.’ He thought while he opened the door and headed towards the elevator.

*******

Cordelia ran to the bathroom as soon as she hit the buzzer, heart thundering in her chest. She had minor baggage under her eyes, but that couldn’t be helped. She hadn’t gotten much sleep the past week. Or maybe it was stress? She didn’t know. But it didn’t matter. He finally came.

Smoothing her hair back into a pony tail, she thought about why he came. She hoped it was to make amends and maybe start fresh or something as opposed to, oh say, breaking it off completely with her. She would have called him again, but thought that maybe he needed a little space. She hoped she was right, and that things between them would finally be better. After double checking her clothes and spraying on just a smidgen of her Victoria’s Secret True Love, she went to the door and waited for him.

Poking her head out, she saw him coming down the corridor with one hand behind his back. With a hand on her hip and an arch of an eyebrow, she asked, “Well, what took you so long, Bubba?” She may have been a nervous wreck the past week, but it didn’t mean that he had to know that. Angel gave her a confused look in return before responding.

“Cordelia- um… Can I come in?”

“Yeah, okay.” She said, stepping to the side and letting him in. After closing and locking the door, she turned around surprised to see the flowers in his hand.

“Wow. They’re gorgeous. Are they real?” She asked with a look of awe on her face, reaching out her hand to touch a velvety red petal.

“Yeah. I suppose I could’ve gone for the fake, yet realistic looking ones, but-"

“No, they’re beautiful. I’ve just never seen roses quite like this before. They’re so big, and red, and soft…” She trailed off, leaning down slightly to take a whiff of them.

“What’s the special occasion?” She asked, looking at him briefly.

“Um, none. It’s just… I’m sorry. I’ve been neglecting you.” She gave him a mock look of surprise at the admission.

“Really? Hmph. Hadn’t noticed.” She said lightly, taking the flowers and disappearing into her kitchen. “I’ll be right back; just gonna put these in water.” She called to him.

“Cordy- can we just talk about this? Please?” He asked, following her.

“Talk about what Angel? You needed your space; I was a little fast paced… Hey, that rhymed.” She said, totally ignoring his looks of confusion.

“Look, I’m sorry that I hurt you. I just… well I’m over it.”

“Oh? You’re over it? Well maybe I’m over you, mister!” She said, turning abruptly and poking him repeatedly in the chest.

“Ow, stop that! If you don’t want to be with me anymore, then-”

“No, no! I was just really upset and… I’m sorry.” She said, looking up at him with big eyes filled with sadness.

“For what?” He asked softly, caressing the side of her face. She exhaled.

“I know that, I can come on a little strong sometimes, aggressive, or, or even abrasive at times, but-" The ringing of his cell phone cut her speech short.

“Sorry.” He said with an apologetic smile. “Can I have a sec?” She nodded in agreement with a shy smile of her own.

“Spike, what’s up? What? No, I’ll be right there.” He said, hanging up the phone. His face all of a sudden became worrisome.

“What is it? What’s wrong?”

“It’s Dawn.”

“Oh. Who’s Dawn?”

“Spike’s daughter.”

“He has a daughter? Gee, where the hell was I at?”

“Cordy, I have to go.”

“What happened? Can I help?”

“Dawn, she’s… she’s missing.”

********

Earlier that day at 3:25 p.m.

“Hands! Hands in new places!! Oh god… Willow.” Xander continued moan as he lay on the bed. He tried helplessly to see what else his wife had learned, but he couldn’t sit up. It was against the rules. His hands were tied to the headboard with his silk ties, his ankles bound by Willow’s scarves to the foot of the bed. Currently, she was licking and stroking the sensitive area between his balls and his ass while vigorously stroking him. It was driving him insane. He gave a little yelp when she stuck her index finger inside of him before placing her mouth on his rigid shaft, causing his eyes to roll back.

“Oh, that feels so good. That doesn’t like, make me sorta gay for liking… Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but-"

“Quiet Xander. Just relax and enjoy. You know how I like to play.” She said, right before she lightly scraped her teeth over his sensitive tip. He shuddered and moaned louder.

“Okay. Sorry. But what about Jesse?”

“Car pool. He’s at the Kerrington’s visiting Peter and his other friends. Now quiet you before I have to get really rough.” She said with a glint in her eyes.

“Ooh… Daddy like…” Xander trailed off, closing his eyes in anticipation.

It was true that their son was all taken care of- playing happily about a mile away at a friend’s house. But Willow had forgotten something, or rather, someone. Spike had another meeting with his editor earlier that day, and he needed someone to pick up Dawn. She was getting out of school in five minutes from serving her fifth consecutive detention. Time was tick, tick, ticking away. Unfortunately, it wouldn’t be Willow waiting for her…

********

Friday- 3:57 p.m.

“Come on, Willow.” Dawn mumbled to herself as she swung slowly on the swing set. Feeling restless, she walked across the dry wood chips on the playground towards the monkey bars. She knew it was pointless, for she couldn’t make it past the first three bars, but decided to try anyway before looking for Willow. Just as she suspected, her upper body and hands gave out, causing her to drop to the ground with a resounding “thump.”

“Stupid… twiggy arms.” She dusted herself off and walked out of the playground. Picking up her book bag, she walked down the sidewalk to the curb- looking left and right down the street. No green minivan in sight meant no Willow.

She walked briskly back towards the front door of the school. She rang the doorbell repeatedly for about five minutes, but no one answered.

“Oh, come on!” She yelled, pounding on the door. But she knew that by then the entire faculty and staff was gone. Feeling completely frustrated with large blue eyes rapidly filling with tears, she plopped down on the top step, putting her crossed arms on her raised knees. She tried to not think of the possibility that something horrible may have happened to Willow, but her imagination was in overdrive. She put her head down and began to breathe deeply, trying to erase the disturbing thoughts and images of a hurt Willow from her mind.

“Why isn’t she here?” She sniffed to herself. It wasn’t like Willow to not just show up. “Not gonna cry. Not gonna cry….” She kept repeating to herself, a few tears escaping regardless.

“And why would a pretty little girl like you want to do that?” A shaky, feminine British, voice asked her. Wiping at her eyes, Dawn looked up and saw… her own face. Well, that is, if she were way older, and paler, lack of baby fat and brown eyes. It was her- her mother. There wasn’t a doubt in her mind about the woman’s identity. Dawn asked the first question that came to her mind.

“What are you doing here?”

********

4 years earlier

“Please. I know that I’ve made mistakes- a lot of mistakes in the past. But I wasn’t well then. I’m better now. I’m medicated. I could never forgive myself if I didn’t try looking for her. I don’t… I don’t want to take her away from William. I just want- need to know that she’s alright. Help me, please.” Drusilla begged of the detective and long time acquaintance Ethan Rayne.

Ethan had already known that William had left years ago to join his family out in California, somewhere. But he just wasn’t sure that when he found out where the Giles’ were, if he should disclose the information to the young woman. He remembered quite vividly Wiliam’s devestation when she left. He didn’t want to cause the boy more pain. That and the fact that he knew Rupert would chop him into messes if he ever discovered it was he who told Drusilla where his son was. And, whether or not if Ms. Drusilla Lathan had enough to cover his fees… She did. Ethical and financial problem solved he thought to himself.

“Of course, my dear. I shall find them for you. However, just make sure that you tell no one who helped you.” He added with a nervous chuckle. Drusilla nodded gratefully.

As she began her journey to the States, Drusilla repeatedly had anxiety attacks on the plane. Her hands would shake, beads of sweat invaded her forehead, and she felt as if she would swoon.

“Funny. Never had a problem with flights before.” She commented off handedly to the older woman sitting next to her. But she knew the real reason; pure unadulterated fear. Fear of William, fear of the fact that her little girl would shun her, fear that she wouldn’t be able to actually face them. The last one won out- she didn’t dare approach them.

It was early summer, and Drusilla had finally made her way to the address Ethan had given her. She couldn’t bring herself to get out of the rental car. Instead, she sat there; watching, and waiting. Finally, a man came out of the house. It was William, with now white hair. Still lean and muscular, and looking much happier than he did the last few months he had spent with her.

“Come on, sweet pea. Let’s go to Grandpa’s…” He called out as he leaned his head in the doorway. Drusilla held her breadth in anticipation. A little, brown haired girl in a sundress and little white tennis shoes ran up to him and squeezed his legs tightly.

“Daddy! Pick me up! Please, please!” She yelled cheerfully. Drusilla couldn’t stop herself from crying. She was beautiful. They were so happy. She watched as he picked her up with his gentle hands, mock scowling at her.

“Hey, now. I told you, you’re getting much too big for me to carry you around like this.”

“No I’m not, Daddy. I’m just a little, tiny, little, little girl. And um.. I love you?”

“You should love me anyway, sweet bit. Not just cause I carry you around. But this is the last time, and I mean it, Dawnie.” The little girl began to laugh before throwing her arms around his neck.

“Aww, Daddy…”
Drusilla sat stock still as they got into the large, black car. She watched from the rear view mirror as the car drove in the opposite direction down the street. She couldn’t bear the thought of upsetting their now happy home. William had done it- they were fine without her. She sat and cried for nearly thirty minutes more before starting the car and driving to her hotel.

********

“What are you doing here?” Dawn, her daughter, her flesh and blood had asked her.

Drusilla was quiet for a moment before asking, “You know who I am?” Dawn nodded her head slowly. “Oh… I’m here to see you.”

“Why?” She wasn’t sure how to answer that question. The complex answer would be that she still had a desperate need to see her. That she wanted her to know that she had… Well, all of that could wait.

“I just wanted to make sure that everything was okay with you.”

“Well I’m alright. I’m fine.” Drusilla took her slightly hostile tone in stride and sat down next to her.

“You waiting for someone?” She asked knowingly. Dawn turned her head away from her as she answered.

“Yeah. My, uh, Aunt Willow. She’s late.” Aunt? Drusilla thought to herself, knowing William had no sisters, but didn’t question the girl, her daughter further.

“If you don’t mind, I could take you home? Then maybe… we could have the chance to talk.” Her voice was very quiet, Dawn noticed. Shy like. Dawn looked at her for what seemed like a long while.

“Yeah, okay. Where’s your car?” She asked, standing up. Dawn was curious, after all.