Dancing with Spike felt a lot better than it should have. It felt so good to let him hold her in his arms while they danced. Surprisingly enough, everyone must have been too busy cleaning up the mess she had made of their drinks to notice what was going on between her and Spike. At least that's what Buffy wanted to think. She didn't really know what her friends had seen but not one of them had said a word about it. If Xander had witnessed anything he was sure doing a good job of hiding it. He was the first person she expected to be on her case about the whole scene. Maybe he was too preoccupied with his engagement to care or maybe he had actually gotten past her attraction to Spike. She seriously doubted it but at least he seemed to be trying.

**********************************************************

Anya woke up in Xander's arms feeling more content than she has in a really long time. She looked up at his sleeping face and smiled. She was so relieved that things had worked out between them. She couldn't be happier knowing that she was going to be able to marry her best friend after all.

"Xander." She said waiting for him to open his eyes. "I'm so proud of you!"

"Huh?" Xander was still trying to wake up and not at all sure what she was talking about.

"Well....you know, the Spike and Buffy thing."

"And again I say, huh?"

"You didn't make a fuss last night while they were dancing. I'm proud of you." Anya explained.

"Anya, I'm not getting involved with Buffy's life anymore. She's a big girl. She can make her own decisions. If something happens that I think she needs to know to keep her from getting hurt then I'll let her know. Other than that, I'm going to let her live her own life. I'm not getting involved anymore. Besides, I have a more important woman in my life to tend to." Xander stroked her hair and looked down at Anya who had her head rested upon his chest.

Anya sighed happily and lifted her head to give Xander a sweet morning kiss. She once again rested her head upon his chest and wrapped her arm around his waist.

"I love you Xander."

"I love you too Anya." Xander said as he continued to lovingly stroke her hair and smiled.

**********************************************************

Buffy spent the whole day trying to clean up her house for the gang's popcorn and movie night. To say that she was nervous would be an understatement. All of her friends were going to be over at her house including Spike. She wanted things to go better for them this time around but she still didn't feel comfortable getting all cuddly with Spike in front of her friends. She was afraid Xander would make a scene because she still didn't know how he felt about everything that has happened recently. She really hasn't had the chance to talk to him lately considering the second try at a wedding he and Anya still had to plan for.

Buffy kept glancing at the clock in a panic. She would look at the time, about every three minutes as if the time would speed up or slow down if she didn't. She asked Spike to come over earlier than the others. She wanted to be comfortable in his presence and figured it would be less awkward if she could spend some time with him before her friends show up. The sun was almost down so she knew that he would be there soon.

Buffy still didn't get the chance to shower and change out of the sweats and T-shirt she usually wore when she went into cleaning mode. She had just sent Dawn to the store to get more snacks for the group. She hoped Dawn would get back quickly so there was someone there to answer the door if anyone were to arrive. Her shower would just have to wait since she was the only one to get the door in case anyone did show up. She just hoped that Dawn would get home before Spike got there. Buffy was sweaty and tired from cleaning and her hair was a complete mess. She'd be horrified if Spike arrived to witness the mess of her appearance.

Ten minutes of waiting impatiently had passed and there was still no sign of Dawn. Buffy finally heard a knock at the door and hoped that it was Dawn who just forgot her key or something. She peeked out the window and saw Spike standing there. She let out a quiet groan at the thought of how worn down she must look. Her lack of self-esteem at that very moment almost prevented her from opening the door.

She slowly opened the door with a smile. Spike smiled back and he couldn't help but think about how cute she looked even without the make up or combed hair.

"Hello luv." Spike greeted with a shy smile.

"Hi." Buffy said and looked awkwardly at Spike. "I'm sorry I look like such a mess. I haven't had a chance to get ready yet. Dawn's at the store and I needed to be around in case someone showed up and that's why I look so awful." Buffy pouted.

Spike looked at her with a completely stunned expression. He stepped toward her and stood right in front of her. He looked at her with his intense blue eyes.

"Don't be silly. You always look beautiful to me."

Buffy's heart sang. He always seemed to know just what to say to make her feel special. She just wished that it didn't take a vampire to make her feel that way.

"Thank you." Buffy said as she looked down and blushed.

She backed away from Spike and stepped up on the first step toward the bedrooms upstairs.

"I'm going to go upstairs and get showered and changed. Could you answer the door if anyone shows up?"

"Yeah, no problem luv." Spike nodded.

"Great. Thanks. Could you maybe make some microwave popcorn too? I don't know when Dawn will be back and I want to have some kind of snack ready for when people get here. The popcorn is in the cabinet over the stove on the first shelf."

"Sure. I'll get right on it." Spike said.

Buffy headed upstairs to take her shower while Spike headed off to the kitchen. She felt so much better after her shower and started to search her closet for something cute but comfortable to wear. They were only going to be sitting around on the couch after all so there was no need to over do it. She finally chose a pair of dark blue jeans and a cute but plain black shirt.

She looked herself over in the mirror when she thought she smelled something burning. She sniffed twice thinking that it may just be her imagination but quickly discovered that it wasn't when the fire alarm started to go off.

In a panic, she rushed downstairs and entered a smoke filled kitchen.

"Spike!" She coughed. "What happened in here?"

"I don't know." Spike answered. "I'm so sorry Buffy. I must have left the popcorn in too long."

"Spike, how could you burn microwave popcorn? Didn't you read the instructions?"

"Instructions?" Spike looked bewildered.

"Yes Spike, instructions. You know, those little words on the package that tell you how long it should be in the microwave?" Buffy said with a sarcastic tone.

Spike frowned and looked down feeling like a complete idiot.

Buffy stood up on a chair and snatched the batteries out of the smoke alarm to stop that loud and annoying high-pitched beep that came from it.

Buffy tried to fan the smoke away from her eyes which were starting to burn and opened the microwave to find the charred remains of the bag of popcorn that Spike amazingly managed to screw up.

Buffy looked over at an embarrassed Spike. She gave him a disbelieving look.

He looked at her expression and started to get angry and defensive.

"Stop looking at me like that Slayer! What did you expect? I'm a vampire! I barely even eat anything else besides blood and you expect me to know how to make microwave popcorn? You're the one who asked me to make the bloody popcorn!"

"Yes, but I didn't ask you to burn down my kitchen!"

Buffy stalked up to Spike with an angry expression but her expression faded when she saw his hurt and angry face.

Her frown turned into a smile and she started laughing hysterically. She started snorting within her laughter and she could barely breathe. The whole situation suddenly seemed so funny to her.

Spike looked confused as he stared at the laughing slayer who now had tears rolling down her face from laughing so hard.

Spike's expression also started to take a more humorous turn after seeing the slayer bent over with her hand on her stomach, completely hysterical.

Spike started laughing himself and his chuckles got even louder as he looked around the kitchen to see what a mess he made trying to do a simple thing like use a microwave.

Buffy wiped the tears off her face and stood up. She took deep breaths and tried to calm herself down. She looked over at a laughing Spike who was also trying to contain his amusement.

Their eyes met and they both stopped laughing at the exact same time. Silence filled the room as they continued to stare into each other's eyes.

Spike took a deep unnecessary breath and leaned forward to press his lips against hers. A pleasured moan escaped her lips as her arms wrapped around his neck. She pulled him closer to her and deepened the kiss.

She pulled back from him and smiled. She rested her forehead upon his as they continued to hold each other.

"I missed this." Buffy whispered.

"What did you miss?" Spike asked.

"Your lips on mine."

That was all the invitation he needed and he pulled her forward for another spine tingling kiss.

She couldn't believe how much she had missed being with him like this. She knew this was what she wanted but she couldn't help feeling that this was still wrong somehow. Part of her was just afraid that it wouldn't work out and they would both end up completely broken hearted. She just couldn't seem to resist him no matter how hard she tried.

She pulled away from him again and looked into his eyes.

"Why can't I just stay away from you?" She asked breathlessly.

"Because you don't want to." He answered.

He leaned in and kissed her again. This time it only lasted a few seconds before he felt her pull away again. They barely noticed the light sound of a bell that was coming from the living room.

The doorbell rang.

To Be Continued...