Willow woke up in a daze. It was one of those mornings where you had to search your mind to remember you own identity. She opened her sleepy eyes half way and suddenly everything came flooding back to her. Tara was back. She blindly reached over to the other side of the bed to put her arm around Tara but all she felt was the empty sheet covered mattress next to her. Willow bolted upright in a panic. Was it only a dream? Was her mind playing tricks on her? Please don't let this be happening again. She took a deep breath and when she inhaled the wonderfully familiar scent of lavender, she knew it was for real. Tara had come back to her and the wonderful moment they shared had actually happened. Her dream had come true.

"Good morning sleepy head." Tara greeted with a tray of food in hand.

It all still seemed so unreal. Willow had to pinch herself numerous times to let herself know that this was actually her life and not a dream. She watched Tara place a tray filled with chocolate chip pancakes down on a TV tray next to Willow's side of the bed. As she studied Tara, she struggled to fight back tears from the feeling of happiness that overwhelmed her. She has been so miserable for so long without Tara that she never thought she could ever feel this happy again.

"Yummy! Choclolatey goodness!" Willow exclaimed as she grabbed a fork and took a bite of Tara's delicious cooking. "But do you know what I'd like even better?"

"What?"

"Some major Tara snuggling." Willow replied.

"Tara snuggling? I don't know if I ever told you this but that just happens to be my most favorite Olympic event." Tara smiled. "However, we should get a move on. After all, we do have a wedding to get ready for."

Willow just looked at her and pouted with cute puppy dog eyes.

"Oh all right." Tara gave in. "I never could resist that pouty mouth and those sad eyes. But just for a few minutes ok. Anya will kill us if we're late."

Tara climbed back into bed and Willow put her arms around her and rested her head upon her chest with a content sigh. Tara placed a kiss on the top of Willow's head.

"Everything will be fine." Willow replied. "I'm sure she'll understand."

***************************************************************

"Where have you been!" Anya screamed. "You should have been here half an hour ago! I need help with my dress!" Anya continued to mumble about how hard it is to find good help these days.

Willow and Tara found the whole scene amusing and glanced at each other with sly grins.

Buffy walked in and smiled at the sight of Willow and Tara in their matching bright red brides maid dresses. They weren't quite as grotesque as the green ones Anya picked out last time but the color was so bright that she wasn't able to stare directly at it for a long period of time.

"Buffy! It's about time you got here!" Anya said, now transferring her anger over to Buffy. "I need help with my vows and my dress. I've been waiting forever for someone to show up. You could at least be on time considering the fact that you have the great honor of being my maid of honor."

"Anya calm down." Buffy said with a roll of the eyes. "I got here on time. I was just helping Xander because Giles isn't here yet."

"Oh. I guess that's ok then. At least you have an excuse. These two don't even have that." Anya said while pointing to Willow and Tara, who were so mesmerized by each other, that they didn't seem to hear a word Anya had said.

Willow finally looked over at Buffy with a smile.

"Oh hey Buffy! Did you come here with Spike?"

"Yes I did. He's around here somewhere." Buffy answered.

"Wow! So this is like a big deal." Tara said. "Usually when you bring a date to a wedding it usually means it's pretty serious."

"It is serious." Buffy smiled. "I wouldn't bring just anyone to a wedding. It must be love."

Willow ran up to Buffy and wrapped her arms around her in a tight hug.

"Oh Buffy I'm so happy for you. He's the one. I just know it. Things are gonna change for you. This time it's gonna work out."

"I hope so." Buffy said. "But I've got to get back to Xander. With Giles missing in action he's in there all alone and we wouldn't want to give him the chance to run off again."

"What?" Anya said with panic in her voice.

"Relax Anya. It was just a joke." Buffy said. "Ok it was a bad joke. Sorry. But I really should get back to him. I'll come back later."

Buffy walked into Xander's room to find Dawn in there with him. He was trying to tie his tie in front of the mirror. He turned around when he noticed Buffy's reflection. He looked at her with a completely worried expression and Buffy became instantly afraid that he was about to chicken out again and run off.

"Xander what's wrong?" Buffy asked nervously.

Xander was about to speak when Dawn cleared her throat and decided to give the bad news to Buffy herself.

"Um, Xander is freaking out because Giles can't make it. His flight was cancelled due to bad weather." Dawn said.

"Now I don't have a best man and Anya is going to freak out." Xander finished.

Buffy walked up to Xander and started to tie his tie for him.

"Calm down Xander, it's not the end of the world. Why don't you just ask Spike to be your best man?" Buffy suggested.

"Spike? You want me to ask Spike?"

"Well, yeah, why not?"

"Spike isn't exactly best man material, Buffy." Xander replied. "And in case you haven't noticed, we're not exactly the best of friends."

"I know but don't you think it's about time you gave him a chance. After all that has happened, can't you at least try to be civil? Besides, who else are you going to ask on such short notice?"

"Buffy, I know that Spike has changed. It's not that I hate the idea of him being my best man, it's the thought of actually having to ask him. He's just gonna laugh in my face."

"Xander, don't be silly. I'm sure he'd be happy to help you out."

**************************************************************

Xander stood in front of Spike silently fuming as he watched him clutch his sides in a fit of laughter.

"Spike, it's not that funny!" Xander exclaimed.

"Not that funny?" Spike questioned, still chuckling. "It's bloody priceless!"

Xander just stood there watching Spike try to calm down and fail miserably. He suddenly wished that Buffy had never been able to convince him to ask Spike such a huge favor in the first place.

"I just can't believe you just asked me to be your best man." Spike said, almost choking on his laughter. "You must be crazy if you think you are getting me into some monkey suit!"

"Just forget it Spike. I knew I shouldn't have asked you."

Xander turned from Spike and started to walk away. Spike sighed and grabbed Xander's shoulder, spinning him around until they faced each other.

"Get a bloody sense of humor, Harris. I was only kidding." Spike admitted, his expression turning very serious. "Actually, I would be honored to be your best man."

Xander studied him closely and when he realized that he was being sincere, he smiled and draped his arm around Spike's shoulders. Xander led him down the hall to where Spike could change his clothes.

"Now let's go find you a monkey suit." Xander laughed.

****************************************************************

Spike stood next to Xander as the Wedding March started to play. He watched as Buffy, the beautiful maid of honor, made her way down the isle. He chuckled to himself as he looked at her bright red dress. Previously, Anya had asked Spike what color he thought she should choose and of course he picked red. However, Anya rolled her eyes at his answer and he never actually thought she would go with his suggestion.

Buffy's eyes grew wide as she noticed Spike was actually wearing a suit. He looked so sweet and so handsome but she could tell how uncomfortable he was in it. He was constantly fidgeting and slithering around as if the suit were something horribly foul. She continued to keep her eyes on him as she walked and for a moment imagined that she was walking to him at a wedding of her own.

Spike imagined that Buffy was walking down the isle for him. His breath caught in his throat as he pictured Buffy actually wanting to be with him forever. Everything was so perfect. He never thought that she would accept him after his soul was gone. It all seemed like a dream. Throughout his entire existence, the one thing that he wanted the most was someone to truly love him. He never thought it would happen but his wish has finally come true.

Anya walked down the isle in an elegant white strapless gown. She held a bouquet of flowers and it was evident to everyone how intensely her hands were shaking. She took her place beside Xander and he gently grabbed hold of one of her hands. She immediately stopped shaking at his touch. Now that he was there with her, all her nervousness had completely faded away.

Spike looked past Xander and Anya and drowned in the sight of Buffy who was standing on the other side of the bride. He watched her as she smiled so brightly as Xander said his wedding vows to Anya. He had helped him a little bit with his vows before the ceremony but he was so wrapped up in Buffy that he didn't hear a word he said and never noticed whether or not he had taken any of his advice.

Buffy, on the other hand, listened with quiet intensity as Xander spoke his words to Anya. As she listened to what he had said, she knew that Spike lent a hand with his words.

"Anya, I can't begin to tell you how happy you make me. I can't imagine living a day without you. I know we were never the most compatible couple. I know things between us weren't always perfect. You are my light when my life turns to darkness. I used to dread getting out of bed knowing that I had to say goodbye to my dreams. They were always better than my realty. But for the first time in my life I have looked forward to waking up in the morning because I knew that when I opened my eyes that you would be there with me. Loving you is the smartest thing I have ever done and I will continue to do so until this world ceases to exist."

Buffy's eyes formed tears as she heard Xander's words to Anya. 'You are my light when my life turns to darkness.' 'Loving you is the smartest thing I have ever done.' Those words reminded her so much of Spike and all they had to go through to finally be together. She looked at Spike and smiled as Anya began her vows.

"I Anya, promise to love you, to cherish you and to honor you. I entrust you with my heart. Take care of my heart, won't you please? Because it's all that I have and if you let me, I will take care of your heart too. I love you and I will always love you. Before I knew you I was a completely different person. I've seen what love can do to people and it was always hurt and sadness. Alone was better. And then suddenly there was you and you knew me. You saw me. You make me feel safe and warm. So now I finally get it. I finally get love, Xander and it's with you. Now I finally get to spend my life with my best friend forever."

After the I do's, the bride and groom kissed and made their way back down the isle together. Spike and Buffy approached each other and he linked his arm in hers as they followed the happy couple to the reception.

************************************************************

Spike and Buffy walked onto the dance floor hand in hand after the bride and groom danced their first dance as a married couple. Spike slid his arms around her waist. Buffy's arms traveled upward and wrapped around the back of Spike's neck. She rested her forehead into the crook of his neck as they swayed to the music. After a few moments of silence between the two, Buffy looked up at Spike and an evil grin crossed her features. His eyes squinted in a look of suspicion as he wondered what she was up to.

"You look really cute in that suit." Buffy said with a sly grin.

"Bloody Hell!" Spike responded with his face toward the floor. If it were possible for him to blush he would have.

"Oh Spike! Don't be such a baby! It's not that bad. I think you look very nice."

She saw that Spike's lips had began to form a flattered grin as he continued to stare at the floor. She ducked her head under his to give him a quick and gentle kiss. His grin grew even wider and he rested his head upon hers as they continued to dance.

****************************************************************

After ten minutes of dancing Willow pulled Tara off to the side. They headed to an empty corner of the room where they could have some privacy.

"Is something wrong?" Tara asked with a worried expression.

"No, not at all. I just wanted to talk to you for a minute." Willow replied.

"Oh ok. What's up?" Tara smiled.

Willow beamed at her. She couldn't believe the difference in how she felt now that Tara was back. She had never loved anyone more than she loved Tara. It was like a great weight had been lifted off her shoulders and she was finally allowed to be happy.

"I've been thinking, and living with Buffy is great and all but maybe we should get a place together. A place of our own." Willow suggested.

"I think that's a great idea!"

"You do?" Willow asked.

"Well, of course, sweetie. It would be nice to have a little more privacy and people are always running in and out of Buffy's house. It would probably make it easier on everyone."

Willow looked down toward her lap where her fingers were twiddling nervously.

"Was there something else?" Tara questioned.

"Um, yeah. It's just.....um." Willow continued to fiddle nervously and her breathing became rapid and shallow.

"What is it? Willow, you know that you can tell me anything."

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm just a little nervous." Willow admitted.

Tara looked at her with a bewildered expression. She couldn't figure out what could possibly have Willow so rattled.

"I was so lost when you got killed. Life became meaningless to me and as much as I tried to go on, I just couldn't. I couldn't stand being without you. I kept waiting for things to get easier but they never did. I just missed you too much. If Spike hadn't brought you back, I honestly don't know what would've become of me. You are my life and I never want to have to spend another day without you."

Willow dipped a hand into her purse, which was hidden behind her and out of Tara's sight. She brought a shaky hand around from behind her back and presented Tara with a blue velvet box.

Tara watched as Willow opened the box to discover that a beautiful sapphire ring was inside of it. It was a large heart shaped stone with small white diamonds surrounding it.

Willow knew how long it would take her to pay for this ring but there was something about it that reminded her of Tara and she couldn't bring herself to settle for anything less.

"Willow, it's gorgeous!" Tara exclaimed.

"Will you marry me, Tara?" Willow asked with a racing heart.

Tara looked up at Willow, her eyes shimmering with tears.

"Willow, I love you so much. Of course I'll marry you!"

Willow slipped the sapphire ring on Tara's finger and they kissed while happy tears rolled down their smiling faces.

******************************************************************

Willow and Tara ran up to Spike and Buffy who were still on the dance floor.

"Guess what?" Willow smiled brighter than she had in months.

"Boy, somebody got hit with the happy stick! What's going on guys?" Buffy inquired.

"We're engaged!" Tara announced as she waved her jewelry-clad finger in front of Buffy's face while jumping up and down.

"Oh my God! Congratulations!" Buffy squealed.

Her squeal was followed by another round of feminine squeals from all three girls. Spike stood back and observed them curiously while chuckling to himself at the sight of the girls' excitement.

Spike walked up to the newly engaged couple and wrapped his arms around both of them in one huge hug.

"That's great you two. Congrats!" Spike stepped back and couldn't believe how great he felt to be able to see the two lovebirds together again.

"Don't tell Anya though. Not yet anyway. If she found out I proposed to Tara at her wedding reception, I'd never hear the end of it. I could just hear her now accusing me of stealing her thunder." Willow said.

"Your secret is safe with me." Buffy replied.

"Well then, Xander and Anya are married and Willow and I are engaged. It looks like you two are the only ones left." Tara grinned sheepishly.

Tara and Willow walked away grinning like Cheshire cats as they left Spike and Buffy alone to ponder on Tara's comment.

Buffy looked at Spike and laughed nervously.

"They really love to stir up trouble don't they?" Buffy asked.

"They sure do." Spike grinned. "Can you imagine a slayer marrying a vampire? You would definitely go down in the record books for that one."

"Probably." Buffy admitted. "But I don't think I would mind if I spent the rest of my life with you." Buffy said before reaching up to place a kiss upon his lips.

Spike pulled her more tightly against him and pressed his lips to hers in the most passionate of kisses. Every time he kissed her it was with everything he had and he took her breath away.

They reluctantly pulled away from each other as they heard the loud clearing of one's throat.

Xander stood before them with a goofy grin on his face.

"Sorry to interrupt your make-out session but the bride is about to throw her bouquet and I'm tossing the garter out to a giant group of love starved males. It's gonna be a mad house!" Xander said dramatically.

"You better take your places. We're tossing them out at the same time. It's Anya's idea. She says 'the sooner we get this tradition over with, the sooner we can start the honeymoon.' That's my wife for ya. Ok, now that sounded really weird. My wife!" Xander said, his goofy grin returning.

Buffy and Spike made their way to their respective groups where every single male and female were grouped together waiting superstitiously to see who would be getting married next.

Before both Anya and Xander threw their items into the crowds, they peeked behind their shoulders to scope out their targets.

Simultaneously, with a flick of the wrist, both items flew out into the crowds and just as they had intended, the bouquet landed perfectly in Buffy's arms and the garter flew into Spike's hands.

Spike came walking toward Buffy with the garter twirling around his finger.

"Why do I think this wasn't just a coincidence, pet?" Spike asked.

"I know. I saw them sneak a glance at us before they did the throwing. I think we were set up." Buffy replied.

"On the other hand, maybe it was fate. I know for a fact that Xander throws like a girl. His aim couldn't be that perfect if his life depended on it." Spike’s lips formed a cocky grin while Buffy laughed.

"You know, you're probably right. I'd rather think of it as fate anyway. I like that idea much better."

Spike stared into Buffy's eyes and placed a hand under her chin, slowing lifting her head up as he leaned forward into another spine tingling kiss.

As they parted, she wrapped her arms around him in a warm hug and pulled his head down so her lips were near his ear.

"I love you, Spike." Buffy gently whispered.

"I love you too, Buffy."

Buffy looked around the dance floor to see Xander and Anya getting ready to leave for their honeymoon.

She watched as Willow and Tara danced with each other with blissful smiles on their faces, as they thought about their future together.

She looked into Spike's crystal blue eyes and realized that she finally found happiness with someone she knew would be by her side forever.

None of them are sure of what their future holds, but they are going to enjoy this feeling while it lasts.

It was their perfect moment.

THE END

*********************************************
Thank you rosie, ash, secretguest, Cordykitten, Candace, PhotographyNut, Yzba, smg fan, Maria, spike4buffy, klyku & Bridget for reviewing. I appreciate each message I've received. I really hope you enjoyed this story. It was my way of making things happy for all the characters after season 6.