Buffy witnessed a conversation going on with Spike and some other girl at the bar. He was laughing. They both were. They were leaning into each other and touching each other's arms in a flirtatious way as they chatted and to make matters worse she was beautiful.

She had long dark brown bordering on black hair. Her thick gorgeous shiny hair landed in waves just above her waist. Buffy suddenly remembered the comment that Spike had made about her hair and how much he loved her long golden locks. She instantly regretted her spontaneous haircut even though it had grown a bit more since then.

His mystery woman could have been a model. She had a beautiful face with classic features. She had almond shaped eyes, full lips and a perfect little nose not to mention flawless skin. No matter how great Willow thought that Buffy looked or the great job that Buffy herself thought she did on her appearance tonight, she suddenly felt completely frumpy and plain. Why would Spike want her when there was a girl like that who was undoubtedly interested in him?

This woman had confidence that permeated the room. Every man that walked by her seemed absorbed by her. They all seemed to glare in her direction. Buffy could see the hopeful look in the eyes of many men. She could see the jealousy in their expressions and the apparent wish that it was them that was talking with her like that, not Spike. Her Spike.

After Buffy had intently studied the girl, her visions traveled to study Spike. He looked a lot different than she had ever seen him. His brown hair had grown in even more but he still had some blonde hair covering the top that was gelled and curled. His black T-shirt had been replaced with a beautiful deep blue button down dress shirt that brought out his intense blue eyes. He looked irresistible. He had a smile that lit up his eyes and made them twinkle. Buffy had never seen that expression when he was with her.

She saw Spike lean over and whisper something into her ear which made her belt out a giggle and touch his cheek playfully. Buffy couldn't believe what she was seeing. When did Spike become charming?

Buffy suddenly noticed that her knee was bouncing up and down in anger underneath the table. It should be her sitting there with him making him smile like that. Was she jealous? She tried to convince herself that she wasn't by making her leg stop shaking. But that still didn't stop her imagination getting away with her as she pictured herself gouging out this girl's eyes and chopping her head off with an axe. Violent? Absolutely, but that's a slayer for ya.

"I'll be right back. I'm gonna run to the bathroom." Buffy said before quickly rising from her seat.

Buffy decided to take the long route to the bathroom, which meant having to walk past the bar. Coincidence? I think not.

Buffy strolled slowly past Spike. She watched him out of the corner of her eye as she walked past. She wanted to see the look on his face when he saw how dressed up she was tonight. But as she walked past, he made no effort to look her way. He did see her out of his peripheral vision but did his absolute best not to let her catch him staring.

As Buffy walked past, her slayer senses told her something else about the girl that Spike was with. She was human.

Rage formed in the pit of her stomach. She was angry because he hadn't even attempted to look at her and she was angry because his "date" was human. What was the deal with that anyway? It would be one thing if the girl were a demon of some kind. At least that would have made Buffy feel a little better about the whole situation. But no! She had to be a nice normal human girl, which would make it even harder for Buffy to compete with.

Buffy walked into the bathroom and looked into the mirror. She lightly dabbed some cool water on her face and did her best to avoid messing up her make-up. She took some deep breaths to try and calm herself down. She couldn't believe this was happening. She finally realized what she wanted and now it might be too late.

Buffy went back to the table where her friends were. She didn't bother passing Spike again. What good would it do?

"Hey Buffy!" Dawn said. "Did you see Spike over there? Looks like he's got himself a date. She's pretty and he's looking pretty good himself."

Buffy shot Dawn an evil glare. She knew her kid sister was just trying to get a rise out of her.

"I hadn't noticed." Buffy fibbed.

"Right." Dawn rolled her eyes. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna go over and talk to him for a minute."

Dawn got up off her chair but Buffy grabbed her arm.

"Why? Why are you going over there?" Buffy questioned.

"Buffy relax! I'm just going over to say hi and maybe start to patch things up between us. I just want him to know that I'm not upset anymore that's all. But don't worry, I'll give you a full report. Dawn winked at her and headed toward Spike's direction.

As soon as Spike spotted Dawn coming toward him, he immediately got up off his barstool and stood to face her.

"Hey Nibblet." Spike greeted.

He was extremely nervous that she decided to come over to him. He didn't know what to expect. He was afraid that she'd end up slapping him across the face too just as Buffy did even though he thought he deserved it.

"Hi Spike." Dawn smiled.

Her smile made Spike relax slightly. He smiled back at her as he tried to decide what to say next.

"Um, Dawn, I'd like you to meet my date. This is Joanna."

"Hi!" Dawn greeted. "It's nice to meet you."

"Hi." Joanna said as she shook Dawn's hand.

Dawn's attention veered back toward Spike.

"I really like your hair that way Spike. You should have it like that all the time."

"Thanks, Bit." Spike said confused.

He wasn't sure exactly what was going on. The last time he saw her she treated him like a disease. She didn't even want him coming anywhere near her although he perfectly understood why.

"Spike let me cut to the chase." Dawn said as she gently pulled him a few feet away from his date so they could have a little more privacy. "I came over here because I wanted to patch things up with you. I was so angry with you and seeing you again hurt me more than I thought possible. It's just that I loved you so much and when you tried to hurt Buffy, you hurt me too. I just couldn't stand the thought of you hurting one of us like that."

Spike lowered his head and tears formed in his eyes and threatened to fall.

"But Buffy told me where you went when you left. What you did for her was amazing." Dawn touched his cheek and his teary eyes met hers. "I see now how much you love her. I always knew you did but getting your soul back for her at any cost proves to me that you would do anything for her. I forgive you Spike and I love you."

Dawn pulled Spike into a huge bear hug. He let a few tears fall but tried to contain himself so he wasn't embarrassed in front of his date.

"Thanks Nibblet. That means a lot to me. I love you too. Unfortunately though, it didn't do a whole lot of good where Buffy is concerned. I know this soul doesn't make a difference in how she feels about me. She still can't love me." He sighed and tried harder not to cry.

Before Dawn had a chance to respond, she heard a huge aggravated sigh come from Spike's date. Joanna stood up, walked over to Spike and pulled him toward the dance floor and away from Dawn.

Spike was angry at her rudeness. He wasn't finished talking to Dawn yet but he didn't say anything to her about it. He was suddenly a bit depressed after thinking about Buffy and didn't want to rehash past uglies with a woman he barely knew.

Joanna had pulled Spike into a very slow and sensual dance. She wrapped her arms around him and Spike pulled her closer to him silently wishing that it were Buffy in his arms.

Buffy watched as the couple swayed on the dance floor. Dawn came back to the table fuming because his date so rudely interrupted their intense and personal conversation.

"That woman is a bitch!" Dawn snarled.

"Dawn, watch your mouth!" Buffy scolded but was secretly smiling inside knowing that this woman was far from perfect.

"I'm sorry." Dawn groaned. "But Spike and I were in the middle of a conversation and she just pulled him away from me. What is her problem? Spike could do so much better."

Buffy just grinned at that. Maybe she still had a chance after all.

Buffy and Dawn continued to watch Spike dance with the dark haired girl. She was all over him on the dance floor and it was making them both sick. Buffy's knee started bouncing in anger once again and the murderous thoughts she was having about this girl had returned.

"Oh my God!" Dawn exclaimed. "That bitch just grabbed Spike's butt!"

"What?" Buffy shouted as her bouncing knee went flying up in a rage and hit the table from underneath making everyone's drinks spill over.

"Gee Buffy, Jealous much?" Dawn said after seeing Buffy's unintentional outburst.

Buffy ignored Dawn, barely even noticing the spillage and suddenly got up from the table and angrily walked over toward the dancing couple. When she was within a few feet of them she stopped to take in a deep breath and settle her anger. She walked up to them and politely tapped his date on the shoulder.

"May I cut in?" Buffy asked ever so sweetly.

"No. We're busy." His date snapped.

Buffy pushed her aside holding back her slayer strength. But she put enough muscle into it so the girl knew that she meant business.

"Thanks." Buffy said after pushing her and grabbed Spike to start dancing with him.

"Hey!" Joanna yelled. "I thought I said No!"

Joanna actually had the nerve to grab Buffy's arm and try to pull her away from him. Buffy chuckled to herself as she shook her arm away from the girl and wrapped her hand around her wrist with extreme strength. Buffy waited until she winced in pain before she started applying even more pressure to the girl's delicate wrist.

"You really don't want to mess with me." Buffy snarled.

Joanna was obviously surprised at the petite blonde's strength and rubbed her sore wrist after Buffy had finally let go. Joanna knew she wouldn't be able to take this girl on so she just gave Buffy a venomous look and stormed off.

Spike just stood there in complete disbelief as he watched this little cat fight play out before him.

Buffy watched him stand before her with a stunned expression.

"What?" Buffy asked with apparent anger in her tone.

Spike just shook his head and intelligently decided not to start with the obviously ticked off slayer.

"I just wanted to talk to you and she was being rude." Buffy answered an unasked question.

"Right." Spike said smiling inwardly. "I guess I should thank you though."

"Why?" Buffy looked confused.

"Because after she pulled me away from Nibblet, I knew the date was over. Nobody pulls me away from a moment with my Lil' Bit and gets away with it. I was just trying to be a gentleman and finish our date before I told her to get lost. It was the least I could do. Besides I'd only just met her last night so no big loss. So what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?"

Buffy quickly searched her mind for a good reason to have pulled him away from his date.

"I just came over here to tell you that the gang is having a movie night tomorrow at my house. I was wondering if you'd want to come. Dawn really wants you there."

Buffy hoped that wasn't too obvious.

"Well, if the Bit wants me there then I'm all for it."

Buffy got closer to him as they continued to dance and smiled as she put her face against his chest.

Spike was surprised that she continued to dance with him. He thought that she would run off after saying whatever it was she wanted to say. But she continued to hold on tight as they gently swayed to the music.

"By the way Buffy, you look beautiful tonight." Spike said into her ear in just above a whisper.

Buffy's heart jumped and the butterflies in her stomach fluttered wildly.

"I didn't think you noticed." Buffy said.

"I always notice."

They both smiled and finished the rest of their dance in silence.

To Be Continued.......