After a few hours in Giles home looking for anything that could help Buffy and Spike, Buffy gave up. She shut the book that Giles had handed her a few minutes earlier and sighed into her small hands. The Scooby’s looked at her, each had the same expression: Remorse. Each one of them felt that they had a part in this. That they could have stopped this. Buffy and Spike both looked at one another.

“I’m going to go home.” Buffy said, “I appreciate you all helping Spike and I, but I doubt that there is anything.” She stood up and gave everyone a weak smile. It was the first smile that had been shown in the house since Spike first brought Buffy into the older Brits home. She walked over to the front door and grabbed her coat. She gave Spike a look that shouted “protect me?”. And this made him also get up and follow her to the door. Spike followed her out of the small home and awkwardly shoved his hands into his pockets. They walked almost a block in silence when Spike started to talk.

“Buffy, listen. I’m so sorry about all this.” He whispered, barely audible even for her acute Slayer hearing. Buffy stopped walking immediately and grabbed his hand.

“Spike? …” She asked, sounding a bit annoyed.

“What?” He asked. He couldn’t even bear to look into her eyes, for soon they would never open again.

“This isn’t your fault. I should have ran home and found out about this demon before I tried to kill it. Or I should have at least listened to your warning. At least you gave me a warning, I just popped through your door. So I brought this onto you. Just remember that I’m not the only one dieing, you are too. And that is my fault.”

“Buffy…” Spike argued softly, “I cant fix this, at least not without a fucking book to tell me how to stop it. But I have yet to find it. But…. I’m going to do anything I can to make you happy…”

When he saw Buffy smile, regretfully he added:

“Even if it means be your sodden’ slave.” He said weakly.

“Actually….” She paused, “Though a slave is a very evil, nice idea. I have a better one.”

“And what is that, Pet?”

“Remember that list idea?” Buffy asked, “The list of things to do before we die?”

“Yeah?” Spike asked, wondering where this was going.

“We’ll, if there even was a list, the first thing on it would be to waste money at the slots in Vegas.” Buffy said grinning wide. Spike tilted his head to the left, and pulled a cigarette out of his pocket, “Let’s go to Vegas.”

.........................(later)

The two friends walked strait to Buffy’s home and quietly snuck past her sleeping mom on the couch. Some late night talk show host was joking about the President. They walked up the steps and into Buffy’s room. Spike sat on the bed as he watched Buffy open her closet and reached up to the top shelve to grab her suitcase. As soon as she got it down she tossed it onto her bed and walked to her dresser. She pulled out some panties and bras and tossed them into the suitcase, not caring that it was askew. Only caring that if she hurried, she and Spike could be gone within a few minutes. Then she opened the other draws and threw the rest of her pick of clothes into the suitcase. She walked back over to the open closet and mentally decided if she wanted to bring weapons. She decided against it, after all it was more fun to fight without weapons. She grabbed two more things: her journal and a small photo album of her, her family, and her friends, and threw them on top of the clothes. She looked at Spike and smiled.

“Let’s go get your stuff.” Buffy said. She picked up her suitcase, which Spike took from her the moment that it left the bed. She let him carry it and they walked down the stairs, Buffy in front of Spike. She stepped into the living room and immediately stopped when she met her mothers gaze.

“Buffy, can we talk? It will only take a minute.” Joyce asked. Buffy nodded and joined her mother on the couch. Joyce turned around and grabbed the remote, Buffy took that as a opportunity to motion Spike to the back door. Buffy sighed, thankful that her mother hadn’t noticed Spike. Joyce turned back to Buffy as the screen went black, “I know that you probably don’t want to have a chat with your mom a couple hours before you leave for college, but it’s important.”

“Yes mom, what is it you wanted to talk about?” Buffy asked. Her mom leaned over and put her hand on Buffy’s knees. Buffy saw a tear tremble down her mothers cheek. She pulled Joyce closer to her and they hugged. Joyce pulled away.

“We’ll college is going to be a lot of fun. And sometimes fun… isn’t always right. There’s going to be parties… and beer, and drugs, and … boys. And these boys - there going to want things from you. I’m not trying to say that beer and drugs aren’t bad - they are. I just…enjoy college. Ok?” Joyce said. Buffy leaned foreword and gave her a hug. She wanted to cry, though at the same time, she wanted to laugh. She knew that this could be the last time she seen her mother. She couldn’t tell her that she was leaving, or even that she was going to be dead in a few days. But she wanted to laugh. This whole talk was humorous. Joyce obviously didn’t know about Angel. Joyce reminded Buffy of a single father; tying to prepare his daughter for the future.

“Buffy?” Joyce asked. Her daughter was looking forward and she wasn’t blinking, “Buffy? Buffy?…”

But Buffy couldn’t hear her.

…………………(vision)

Spike lifted up Anya’s thin skirt until his hand met her underwear. She moaned in pleasure, silently asking for him to have her…

“Free porn.”

…………………(reality)

“Buffy?”

Buffy looked at Joyce. Joyce have the phone in her hand and her fingers were ready to push 911.

“Sorry Mom, I was thinking about something. I know about boys, Mom. I know about sex. I know not to let guys touch me. And I know not to let them persuade me to do anything. I love you.”

“Ok… Yeah.”

“I have to go.” Buffy said, she stood up and wiped away a tear, “Me and Willow are going to meet and get coffee.” Buffy was a terrible liar, but this must have been enough to persuade Joyce. Buffy grabbed her coat and smiled.

“Yeah, well have fun with her. Do you have enough money?”

“Yeah.” Buffy said. She opened the front door, “Love you.” She left the house and shut the door. Buffy joined Spike in the car, neither said anything about the most recent vision.

Buffy and Spike were in Spike’s old Desoto, Spike, though one hand was glued to the steering wheel, was bouncing back and forth to the Sex Pistols. Buffy was minding her own business, looking out the little cracks of the black paint on the window. She was watching houses pass by. Soon just as the music got louder she saw part of the “You are now leaving Sunnydale” sign, but actually ‘hell’ was painted over the ‘dale’ in a blue color. Buffy took a nervous chance and looked at Spike, her gaze caught his and he felt a chunk of himself disappear. Because, in her eyes, he saw a hint of regret.

“Sure you want to do this, Buffy? If you’ve changed your mind I can turn back.” He slowed the car down just incase she said yes so he could easily do a U-turn. Silently he hoped that she still wanted to go because he Spike had a feeling that this trip could open her up and help her realize that vampires weren’t just soulless, un-loving beasts. But quite opposite - or at least he wasn’t. Maybe he could even show the skinny blonde how to win some cash, or in his case kittens.

But she didn’t have a chance to answer, and Spike didn’t have a chance to listen, because they were both in a trance, staring off into nothing.

…………………(vision)

“… Well then start with me. I’ve earned that.” Xander said to Willow.

“You think I wont?” She asked sounding upset.

“It doesn’t matter. I still love you.” Xander said.

“Shut up.” Willow spat at him. She made a gesture with her hand and Xanders face turned to the side like he had been hit. Three cuts appeared on his cheek and he put his hands to his cheek. Willow looked nervous as she panted. Xander turned back to her.

“I love you.” He said. Willow, again, makes a gesture. Xander falls to the ground, but regains his standing position. His shirt was ripped and more scratches were on his chest over his heart.

“I love -.”

“Shut up.” Willow yelled, she threw a ball of magic at him, he takes a few steps back, but hi didn’t fall.

“I love you, Willow.”

“Stop.”

………………(reality)

A loud crash and the sound of the horn pulled the two out of two out of their vision. The car had drove off the road and into a chain-link fence. Spike backed off the blaring steering wheel while Buffy put her hand to her head. She put her hand back into her line of sight and noticed there was blood on it. She quickly opened the visor mirror. Her head had hit the dashboard during the crash and a huge gash on her temple was pouring out blood. She grabbed her jacket off the floor of the car and held it to her head to stop the bleeding. She closed her eyes to help stop the throbbing, but the most recent vision flashed back into her mind.

“My baby.” Spike whispered, he tried to open the door, but the sunlight caused him to shut it almost immediately. Spike then remembered that Buffy was in the car with him. He turned to her and noticed the makeshift bandage.

“Well that sucked.” Buffy said.

“When the sun goes down, we’ll go into the next town. It’s about an hour away.” Spike said. He turned on the radio once again, and he sighed in happiness when he heard Axle Rose belting out to Welcome to the Jungle.