Author's Chapter Notes:
... Review please? and (()) means thoughts.
Chapter 4:

Buffy rolled her eyes as Spike sang along with ‘Anarchy in the U.K.’ and banged his had on the horn over and over again to the beat. Each time it was hit, the cows in the field in front of them jumped in fright. This was the third time that she had listened to it. First it had been the radio that played it, then Spike remembered that he had a tape in his glove department. It had everything from the Sex Pistols to Motley Crue to Twisted Sister on it, and unsurprisingly to him Buffy didn’t know any of the songs.

((That’s a Valley Girl for you, completely daft when it comes to good music.))

It was just getting to Spike’s favorite part, when he saw Buffy reaching forward and push the ’eject’ button. His face fumed red when the music stopped. He glared at Buffy and almost screamed when she carelessly flung it behind her. Buffy happily leaned back and rested her feet on the dashboard. Spikes hand darted foreword and swatted her feet. Buffy planted then back on the floor and looked out the painted window.

“It’s just a car.” Buffy said, “A wrecked car at that.”

“Oi? Just a car? It’s my baby. It’s a 19-” An annoyed Spike was saying when Buffy interrupted him.

“I swear you love this car more than anything.” Buffy frowned.

“Not Dru. I would have given her up for Dru.” Spike said, resting back against the seat.

“Eww, gag me with a spoon. I really would like to not hear about Mrs. Insane-O.” Buffy looked back at him.

“And I’d rather not hear about how you don’t like my car.” Spike said.

“What car? It looks like a piece of crap.” Buffy said throwing her hands in the air.

“It’s vintage!” Spike argued. Buffy crossed her arms over her chest and turned to Spike. Spike couldn’t help but stare at her cleavage, enhanced by the placement of her crossed arms.

“Face it, it’s time for this jalopy to take a one way trip to the dump.” Buffy said,
“No wonder this small accident had such an impact on it.”

“What about your little pig? That looks like the cat dragged it in, ate it, and then vomited.” Spike said pointing to her pig that sat in between them.

“So Mr. Gordo is a little beat up, of course I’ve had him for years and after years of sleeping with an animal it’s bound to look dirty.” Buffy argued as she picked up the pig and held him close.

“After years of driving this car it’s bound to look beat up too.” Spike said.

“Okay.” Buffy said, giving up. She looked out the window and then back at Spike, “While we were arguing, the sun went down. We can go now.”

The two got out of the car and immediately went to grab their most important things. Buffy grabbed Mr. Gordo, Her leather jacket, and her purse. Spike grabbed two packs of cigarettes, his wallet, and his keys. He shut the trunk and walked to the front of the car where it was smashed into the fence. He kissed the hood and stroked it softly.

“Spike, come on.” Buffy said quietly. He nodded and they started to walk off into the direction that they had been going earlier.

“Buffy, about that vision…” Spike started to say, Buffy interrupted him.

“It’s okay. It’s not going to come true. Willow wont go all veiny and evil. I know her.” Buffy started to babble.

“No, the one with me and demon-girl.” Spike said.

“Oh, that one.” Buffy whispered.

“Yeah.” Spike said. He lit one of his cigarettes and put it in his mouth.

“It doesn’t matter, it’s not like I like you.” Buffy said, “Because I definitely don’t. No like-age.”

Spike smiled and nodded. From the corner of his eye he saw Buffy start to fall. He leaned forward and caught her inches from the ground. He helped her up.

“Damn rock.” Buffy said wiping dust from her shirt. She looked up at Spike, cheeks red with embarrassment. Spike jumped back when he realized her was still holding onto her. They continued walking, and neither spoke for a few minutes.

“So, Spike. When we get the Desoto fixed can I drive it?” Buffy said.

“No.” Spike said.

“Well, seeing how it’s crashed and all I figure that it wouldn’t matter if I did anything to it.” Buffy said.

“If you drive, I get to sleep with Mr. Gordo.” Spike joked. Buffy looked at the pig held safely in her arms. She looked back at Spike.

“You’re a pig, Spike.” Buffy said.

“And you’re a reckless driver.” Spike said.

“You’re a pig more.” Buffy said.

“Oink, Oink, Baby.” Spike smiled.

Ten minutes later:

“I spy with my little eye …something green.” Buffy said.

“Grass.” Spike said.

“Yup. Your turn.”

“I spy with my little eye something … more green.” Spike said.

“More grass.” Buffy said.

“Yup.” Spike said.

Seven minutes later:

“I spy with my little eye… Something black and white.” Spike said.

“Oh, a cow.” Buffy smiled.

“Yup.” Spike said.

“I’m bored now. What should we do now?” Buffy said. “Let’s play ‘guess what I’m thinking’.”

“Okay, how do you play?” Spike asked, when Buffy didn’t answer he looked at her and said, “We guess what each others thinking?”

“Yup, your good. That’s exactly what I was thinking.” Buffy said.

“What am I thinking, Buffy?” Spike asked.

((If I never saw grass again I would be very thankful. I have seen enough grass for a lifetime. And those cows smell awful.))

“Um… Your thinking about grass and cows.” Buffy said.

“Nope.” Spike lied.

“Now your thinking that you lied.” Buffy smiled.

“You got me there.” Spike said.

“Guess what I’m thinking.” Buffy said.

After thirty minutes of doing this they finally got to the next town and got a person to tow their car. Sadly, Spikes car was too far gone to fix. By that night, they were on their way to Vegas in their rented Sedan.

Ever since they had left Sunnydale Buffy had been begging Spike to let her drive. Of course he didn’t let her drive his De Soto, plus she didn’t had a license. But since it wasn’t his car he let her drive. While she was doing this he decided to catch up on some much needed beauty sleep. After all, how much trouble could one girl do? When he woke up three hours later, he realized the answer: A lot.

“Slayer, where are we?” Spike asked.

“Um… Mexico…” She said giving him a embarrassed grin. Spike’s jaw dropped.

“Mexico? How’d you do that?” Spike asked. Buffy pulled the car onto the side of the road.

“You don’t want to know.” Buffy shook her head and looked away.

“How long have we been here?” Spike asked.

“Um… About an hour.”

“Slayer…” Spike growled.

“I took a wrong turn.” Buffy said. At Spike’s look she added, “Okay, a lot of wrong turns.” Spike opened his door and walked around the car. He opened Buffy’s door and motioned her to scoot over to the passenger side.

“How’d you get past the gate?” Spike asked he waited for a car to pass then did a U-turn. When she didn’t answer Spike looked at her.

“There’s a gate?” Buffy asked.