Author's Chapter Notes:
I got some great reviews on my first day. It felt great so thanks to all those people who reviewed. thank you for the thoughts and critics. I'm trying to find a different beta because my other one kind of ditched me so if anyone knows any good betas help me out please.
Chapter 2-sexy singers and water

Dear Diary,
The rest of the night was pretty quiet. Doyle was absolutely perfect singing the Goo Goo Doll that he dedicated to his wife. But I could’ve gone without hearing Angel’s ‘Copacabana’. Barry Manilow would’ve been disappointed. Tonight is when all of the votes start flying in to determine who is going home tomorrow. I really hope it’s not me, but I think the audience really likes me. I hope America does too. I know I can rely on Sunnydale to cast their votes. I’m really excited and nervous –

“Hey Buffy” Anya walked into the room without knocking at all.

Buffy closed her diary quickly, “Geez Anya knock much?”

“My parents always told me that knocking was polite, but everyone else tells me I’m impolite and rude so I’m being rebellious tonight, but tomorrow I’ll knock.”

Buffy looked at the girl in a weird way, “Ok, do what do you want?”

“Well all of us are going down to a local club downtown and wanted to see if you wanted to go.”

“Oh umm yeah I’ll go give me a few minutes to get changed.”

“Ok, but hurry up or we’ll leave you.”

“Ok” as Anya walked out Buffy got back on her bed and opened her diary.

Wow sorry I got interrupted by Anya. Anyway I’m excited and nervous about tomorrow night. I have to go I’m going to have a drink with some of the contestants. If I remember tonight and not get completely wasted I’ll tell you about it.

(9:00pm outside the hotel.)

“Is everyone here?” Cordelia said

“Well Angel’s not, but is he really a person?” Gunn asked

Everyone laughed “Well he knows where he’s going if he wants to see us. What about Harmony?” Cordelia asked

“She said she was sick.” Anya shrugged.

“Oh well no big loss let’s get out of here.” Doyle said

(9:20pm - Fridays at Basque)

Doyle was playing bartender by getting everyone their drinks. Cordelia and Anya were dancing. Connor, Wes, Gunn, Fred, and Buffy were sitting in the back of the club.

“This place is nice Wes.” Buffy complimented

“Yeah I heard about it from a friend.” Wes smiled

“This is also one of the best known clubs in L.A.” Fred said

“It is nice” Doyle said as he walked up with their drinks.

Cordelia and Anya walked over as the song playing ended.

“Did anyone here about the band that usually plays here?” Anya asked as she walked up.

“Something like ‘Dingoes Ate My Baby’” Connor said

“Oh ‘Dingoes Ate My Baby’” Buffy answered “Why? Are they playing tonight?”

Cordelia pointed to the stage as the band was setting up.

“Guess so” Buffy answered her own question.

The ten finalist watched as the band started to set up.

“This band is really good. I heard them play a few times in Sunnydale my friend knows the lead guitarist.” Buffy started thinking about her best friend, Willow they have been best friends for basically their whole lives. Buffy and Willow met Oz at a charity fund for an orphanage. Oz and Willow had dated for a while until he cheated on her. The band started playing and Buffy was brought out of her thoughts by the lead singer’s voice.

“Oh hello salty goodness” Cordelia moved her chair up to looked at the lead singer.

“They must’ve replaced Devin.” Buffy commented

“Who’s Devin?” Fred asked

“He was the old lead singer of the group.” Buffy told her.

The lead singer was dressed in all black and had a black hat on covering his face.

“What’s with the hat?” Connor said

“It adds affect. It makes the illusion better.” Doyle said

As the band started the chorus the lead singer kept his head down singing straight into the microphone.

“He’s really sexy.” Anya said “He’d give someone a real good orgasm.”

“Like he’s not now” Cordelia stared at the sexy singer as everyone gave her a weird look and moved their seats away from her a bit. Just ask the band got done with the song and the singer said ‘thank you’ and walked off the stage, Harmony walked in with huge sunglasses on and stepped right in front of the singer.

“Hey honey” She said

“Not now Harm I gotta get ready for another song.”

“But I want to spend some time with you.” She raised her voice a little. Most of the club didn’t care or hear her, but the eight in the back did.

“That must be her boyfriend.” Wesley said

“Of course it is…she probably paid for him.” Fred said

Harmony kissed the singer and whispered in his ear. The secret boyfriend smiled then wrapped his arms around her waist as he kissed her grabbed four waters and start to walk away. As he did Harmony playfully pulled his hat off. Before anyone could blink the singer was on the floor getting his hat forgetting about the waters that spilled on the ground. The aspiring singers at the table gasped at what they saw.

“Oh my gosh” Fred said

“Spike” said Cordelia almost fainted before she could find her chair.

“And he’s dating Harmony” Gunn commented.

The small table was quiet as Spike put his hat on.

“Wow” Doyle said still in a state of shock.

“Is that legal?” Anya asked “A contestant isn’t allowed to give a judge many orgasms.”

“No I don’t believe so.” Wesley said

“Everyone run before they see us.” Cordelia said

Everyone quietly got out of their seats and briskly walked out of the club without looking back.

(10:05pm- hotel)
“Oh my god, oh my god” Fred was chanting while hyperventilating.

Wesley and Gunn were trying to help her breathe.

“I’m with Fred on this one, guys. That’s like fraternizing or something.” Cordelia said

“I don’t know about fraternizing, but it’s against the rules.” Connor corrected

“I can’t believe Harmony is sleeping with Spike!” Anya yelled

Buffy ran and put her hand over Anya’s mouth. “Quiet Anya, look guys, Fred calm down first.”

After the small girl’s breathing regulated everyone circled around Buffy. “Look guys I know what we saw tonight, but we can’t go around and blab it. We have to do something, but something that won’t be as noticeable to the judges or the producers. Just to get Harmony voted off next week so—“

“Wait” Gunn interrupted “You want us to help her. Buffy you of all people want to help her?”

“I know it’s crazy, but I don’t want to get involved with the press involved.” Buffy said

“I guess that makes sense.” Cordelia said

“So what’s the plan Buffy?” Doyle asked as he scratched his head.

“We completely screw over Harmony’s performance without being obvious. And I know how.” Buffy
smiled

(The Next Day, 9:30am, American Superstar Studio)
“Ok contestants we have a lot of work to do, so everyone follow me and keep up!” Chris, the stage choreographer, yelled.

Everyone was dressed up in dance attire and was stretching.

“Buffy” Fred walked over to talk to the blonde “Can we tell Angel? I mean should we tell him?”

“Yeah right” Cordelia whispered as she walked over “He’ll blab quicker than a snitch on death row.”

“Cordelia’s right” Doyle walked over while he kept stretching.

“Yeah I’m right.” Cordelia smiled

“Don’t get use to it.” Doyle said

“Alright people…stage choreography is a very important asset of a performer…only you will determine if you make it or break it. The ‘it’ being your leg in that last part. So keep up and we won’t have an issue.” Chris said. He started yelling out some easy steps that everyone could keep up with except Harmony.

“Maybe this plan will be easier than we thought.” Gunn said as he watched Harmony fall over her feet.

Buffy smiled, “maybe”

(7:30pm-backstage)
Buffy got the eight got together and prayed that everything would go as planned.

Out on stage Jenny walked out “Tonight one person will be going home, who is the person you voted out? Audience you decided and now it’s time to get the show rolling. Our theme tonight is musicals. All of your contestants will be singing any song from any type of musical, cartoon to classical. So let’s bring them out. America, your final ten!!”

Backstage Buffy looked at Cordelia “let’s do this.”