Author's Chapter Notes:
The song is "You and Me" by Lifehouse
Chapter 2: Past Revealed

Buffy walked through the door with a giant smile on her face. It was already 1:52 am, and she had told Angel she’d be home no later than midnight. He was most definitely going to have something to say, but she wouldn’t be listening…she was too busy thinking about the sexy blonde at the bar.

She placed her purse down on the little table by the entrance, and walked into the kitchen quietly. She reached into the fridge to get some juice.

“Your home late.” Angel stated, from his place behind her. Buffy jumped up and let out a little shriek.

“Oh my God, Angel…you scared the crap outta me.” Buffy told a deep breath to collect her self before she continued. “Um, yeah…we were just having so much fun…didn’t want to leave.” She walked over to Angel and gave him a hug. “Sorry. What did you do tonight?”

“Nothing special, I wasn’t expecting you to be home so late, I had a whole thing planned.”

“Oh?” Angel smiled mischievously and grabbed her hand pulling her out the back door and to their back yard. “Oh my God, Angel…”

There was a blanket laid out on the grass, with a bottle of wine with two glasses, and a small blue box, in the middle of the blanket.

“Happy Birthday, baby.” Buffy turned to him and gave him a big hug. “Come on sit down, open your present.” They both sat down and Angel started pouring the wine.

Buffy was really scared. Her and Angel had only been together for 2 years, and the thought of this being an engagement ring, was a little terrifying…also because she still wanted to see Spike.

“Ooh! Tiffany’s…I’m liking this present already!” she undid the bow, and opened the box to reveal a beautiful silver chain, with a single diamond pendent. She held it out in front of her with bright eyes. “It’s gorgeous…” she turned to Angel and gave him a light kiss. “Thank you.” She put in back in the box, and put if off the side. She cuddled up to Angel and rested her head on his chest, as he ran a soothing hand up and down her back.

For some odd reason, it didn’t feel right. It was uncomfortable. I felt awful, I mean, things with Angel were never this…odd. It was after I met Spike, after I was in his arms that changed everything between Angel and I. Of course I didn’t say anything…just acted like I normally would. And God was it hard. Hiding that I had feelings for someone else.

* * * * *

The following day, Buffy paced her room waiting for Willow to show up. Angel went to work that day, and Buffy was working from home. She was a photographer, and at the end of the week she’d send her boss the pictures she had taken.

“Buffy? What’s up, I came as soon as I got your message.” Willow stepped into the room and closed the door.

“Will, if I told you something you promise not to tell anyone?” Buffy had a face of worry. Willow just nodded. “I mean I think it’s nothing…I hope it’s nothing. Will, I stayed, at the Bronze after you guys left.” She fiddled with her hands nervously. “And…I was at the bar, and I met someone. He was sweet, and fun…and extremely sexy…” Buffy trailed off.

“Buffy…did you sleep with him?” Willow walked towards her, with a concerned look.

“What? No! Willow…I just danced with him, but it felt so right. I mean, it was comfortable, and warm, you know. And then going home to Angel that night…I felt weird around him…like he was a stranger to me.”

Willow sat on the bed. “Okay so let me get this straight. You feel comfortable around a stranger…and you feel weird around your boyfriend? Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around?”

Buffy threw herself on the bed, laying her head on a pillow. “Exactly! That’s why I’m so confused. I shouldn’t feel this way…it’s not normal.” Buffy pouted with a huff. “Oh God! I told him I’d see him again…what am I gunna do?” Buffy sat up quickly, looking at Willow for an answer.

“Tell him you have a boyfriend…that you can’t see him again.” Willow said like it was the most obvious thing. (Which it was)

“So, your telling me to go and see him to tell him I can’t see him anymore?” she raised an eyebrow.

“Mmhm! Okay…I’ve gotta go…I got a class in 15.” Willow stood up and gave her best friend a hug. “I’ll see you later…tell me how it goes?” Buffy just nodded in response and Willow walked out of the room to leave Buffy to get ready for her date with the sexy blonde.

If one would call it a date. I mean, it’s more like a break-up date. I’ll meet him, tell him that I have a boyfriend, and leave. a smile grew on her face, happy with her plan. It’ll be easy. It’s not like you’ll break his heart or anything…it would only be the second time he’s seen you.

Buffy took a deep breath, and let out a sigh, as she walked over to her closet.

* * * * *

At 8:50 that night, Buffy walked into the Bronze. She was wearing an extremely short black mini skirt that fit to her body perfectly. She wore a dark red, tank top that dipped low in the neckline, showing a generous amount of cleavage, but not too much. She decided to go with her strappy high heels instead of boots. She wasn’t planning on wearing that…she knew she shouldn’t have. But she wanted to get sexy for him.

Luckily she got out of the house that night, before Angel got home. She told him that she was spending some time with Willow and Tara, and Willow was being nice enough to lie for her if it came to that.

She sat down at the bar, and crossed her legs, and ordered a drink while she was waiting for Spike to show. At 9:00 exactly, she had downed the rest of her martini, and bit one of the olives off the toothpick.

“What are you doin sitting here by yourself, kitten.” Buffy automatically recognized the voice, and smiled at his little nickname.

She didn’t look back at him. “I’m waiting for someone.”

Spike sat in the stool next to her. “Oh? Guy?” Buffy just nodded. “Tell me about him.”

She finally turned to him, and flashed him a dazzling smile and decided to play along. “Well…he’s sweet, gorgeous beyond all reason, sense of humor…good dancer…shall I do on?”

Spike smirked at her, and grabbed her hand and placed a kiss on it. “Oh, and may I add: a charmer…”

“I couldn’t stop thinking about you last night…I couldn’t wait to see you again.”

“Me neither…Spike-” Buffy was about to tell him that she couldn’t see him again. But she couldn’t she couldn’t get the words out…because she wanted to see him again…and again, and again. She gathered her thoughts together, and thought of something else to say. “let’s dance.” She grabbed his hand and pulled him onto the dance floor.

What day is it? And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time


Buffy locked her arms around his neck, and rested her head on his shoulder. Spike loved having her in his arms. She was just so beautiful. Her skin was so soft on his; he almost thought he would dissolve at the feel of her.

Cause it's you and me
And all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping on words
You've got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here


Buffy felt his eyes on her, and she opened hers, to look up at him. The gaze was intense. She looked in his deep blue eyes, and melted. God, he’s gorgeous! His eyes are so hypnotizing…so blue. She tried so hard to tear her eyes away from his, but couldn’t.

Spike slowly leaned down and captured her lips with his.

Cause it's you and me
And all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you


Buffy didn’t know what was happening for a while. She thought it was some kind of amazing dream. Can’t blame her, she did feel like she was floating. She kissed him back, playing with the curls at the back of his head. He held her close against his body, loving the feel of her. The kiss was so powerful she became lightheaded. It was a good thing Spike was holding onto her so tight, otherwise she might have buckled to the floor.

There's something about you now
I can't quite figure out
Everything she does is beautiful
Everything she does is right


It was wrong. I knew it. But I didn’t want to know it…he was everything…Angel just…wasn’t. Spike was everything that I craved…and that kiss…Angel would never show affection in public. It just wasn’t his ‘thing’. But when I was kissing Spike…I just felt like…I just felt. I felt something that I’ve never felt when I was with Angel. Passion. Intensity. And a whole bunch of other things that there aren’t even words for.

Cause it's you and me
And all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you
and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me
And all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

What day is it?
And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive


When the music stopped, Buffy and Spike finally pulled out of the kiss. The loss on contact was unbearable, but they both knew if they started again they wouldn’t be able to stop. Spike didn’t mind that scenario, but he had just met her yesterday…he didn’t want to scare her off. How come I’ve never seen her before? She’s amazing! There’s no way I’m letting this one slip away. Not this time.

The two sat down at a nearby table, and continued to get to know each other. Apparently Spike moved to L.A. from England when he was 13, and moved to Sunnydale when he was 21. He was 24 now. He was a painter. He mostly did paintings of life forms. He didn’t really seem like that type, but it got her intrigued.

“Now Spike…that’s either a nickname…or you’re parents were very cruel.” She said taking a sip of her drink, a teasing smile playing on her lips.

Spike chuckled. “It’s a nickname…my real name’s William, I don’t tell a lot of people that.” Spike took a sip of his drink, suddenly feeling nervous.

“Well, I must be mighty special!” Buffy said jokingly. She wasn’t expecting what he said next.

“You are.” He stared at her intensely, and Buffy broke away, a blush growing on her face.

She decided to change the subject. “What does it mean?”

“What?” Spike asked a tad confused.

“Spike…what’s it mean, why’d you get dubbed that?” She asked as she played with her hands on the table.

A smirk grew on his face. “Wouldn’t you like to know.” Buffy understood immediately what he was talking about and looked down at her lap, feeling a little embarrassed. She blushed again, and it didn’t go unnoticed by Spike. “You look so adorable when you do that.” He tilted his head; to get a look at her still bowed face.

Buffy lifted her head, and looked at him. She automatically felt more relaxed, when she felt him place a hand over hers. She felt like a huge waft of heat had run through her at that very second. Making her blood boil and her face feel flushed. There was no doubt that he felt the energy that coursed through them, she could tell in the way he looked at her.

I don’t know what it was, something about him made me wanna…just be me. Someone I hadn’t been in a long time. I felt I could let loose around him, be free. I know it sounds impractical and all Danielle Steel, but it’s true. I know it’s selfish, but I couldn’t not see him anymore. I thought about leaving Angel…but it would be a little too much to handle for him. He needed me. But I needed Spike.

Later that night Buffy and Spike decided to walk through the park. The Bronze was starting to get boring, but the night was still young. Spike grabbed Buffy’s hand without hesitation, and she accepted. Buffy told him about how she grew up in Sunnydale, how she was a photographer, and a bunch of other things. Except she didn’t tell him that she was already in a relationship. She couldn’t bring herself to say it no matter how hard she tried.


The whole reason I couldn’t break it off with Angel was because of his situation. Angel had a little brother, Connor. He wasn’t exactly the best kid in the world. He was into drugs, and gangs…got himself in a lot of messy situations, that Angel somehow always got him out of. One night, some guy jumped Connor. Major badass from L.A. He threatened that if he didn’t get his money back, all hell was gunna break loose. He owed him, 3 grand, and there was no way possible he was gunna get his money. Angel and I, both loved Connor, but we didn’t have the money, he couldn’t ask his parents, ‘cause that would bring up too many questions. The guy and his gang killed Connor. Angel broke down. He shut himself off to everyone, including me. He tracked the guy down…beat the shit out of him. And he was the one that went to jail for physical abuse! He wasn’t there for long…my dad was his lawyer, and got him out. He hasn’t been the same since. It happened a year and a few months ago, and even though he was quiet…he was destructive. And if I left him-the only person who helped him through-he’d unleash that side of him again…and that wouldn’t be good for anyone.

A/N: please review!!