Well, BuffyAndSpikeForever, for now there’s just fluff and fun… then, who knows? ;-)
just keep on reading! :-)

Well, this part (and esp. the next two ones) should be fun.. at least I wish! :-)


PART 14

“Ok, we are even!” Spike surrendered, drawing out his fake I.D. from his pocket.
“Here! Have a good laugh!” he said, throwing it to her.
As soon as she opened it, Buffy began chuckling.
“William * Winters* ?” she questioned him.
“Ok, I guess you inspired my fake surname a little bit, * Summers*!” he confessed.
She smiled, carrying on reading.
“Born in NY?”
“So, there’s not trouble with citizenship.” he explained.
“Very clever!”
“Yeah, anyway, nothing compares to my London!”
“Well,.. Dec 12 1970.. that makes you… 28 yrs old. Uhmm.. yeah, believable ..” she commented, glancing at him.
“Married… it makes sense..”

When Buffy read what his profession was, she rolled on the bed, laughing madly.
“Journalist!?!?!” *You*, a journalist?” and she resumed laughing.
“Hey, that’s enough! If you don’t give up immediately, I’m really gonna be a journalist, writing about crime news, reporting on a terrible mysterious death… yours!” he threatened her.
Her only answer, she threw the pillow to his face.
“Shut up, my * dear husband *!” she sneered haughty.
“Slayer, now it’s open warfare!” he struck back, paying her back with the same prank.

So, they began a pillow fight, chasing and throwing each other on the bed, giggling frantically.
After a lot of flying feathers, they surrendered exhausted.
It was unbelievable: since the day of their crash, Spike hadn’t got drunk anymore, and Buffy… well, she had never laughed so much!

“Spike, I’m starving. Can we call the room service?” Buffy proposed, taking the phone.
“Brilliant idea, pet: you take the dinner… I take the waiter, sounds good!” he sneered.
“Spike!”
“Just kidding, Slayer! Anyway, there must be a nice buffet downstairs. Why don’t we go there to eat something?” he suggested, hooking the phone, and the only short contact between their hands gave them a shake.
“Something.. or someone?” she mocked him.
“Pet, I swear I just wanna sink my teeth in a very .. rare steak!” he smiled.
“No human blood? After all, you haven’t fed for a while… not that I’m complaining..” she explained.
“Actually, the night before leaving, when you were unconscious … I fed so much that I could go on for a week without drinking a single drop of blood… and anyway, in an emergency there’s some blood in my car..” he explained, amused as he saw her grimacing into a more and more disgusted face.
“Eeeww! Well, my fault: I was the one asking. So, ready to go?”
“I thought I had made you lost your appetite after my explanation…”
“Nothing could do it!” she said, inviting him to follow her downstairs.

Buffy did justice to almost every dish of the buffet… and she found out that incredibly Spike liked food!
“So, now that we have eaten half hotel… metaphorically speaking, are you ready to leave?” he smiled, waving the car keys.
“Sure! Your DeSoto and I have a date!” she smiled back, snatching the keys from him.

“Remind me why I’m letting you do it?” he exclaimed, opening the car door, as she put herself behind the wheel.
He hadn’t forgotten the dent, of course!
“Just because you like a little thrill in your existence!” she explained, turning on the headlights, turning the key, moving gear-change and pushing the clutch.
“Look, pet, you’re in…”
“Shh! I’m the driver now, and I perfectly know what I’m doing!” she interrupted him, letting out the clutch gradually and stepping on the gas that made the car jump a little, then start laboriously, with an odd noise in the engine.
“What was that?” she asked perplexed as she left the lane.
“You know, usually a car acts like that… WHEN YOU LEAVE IN A BLOODY THIRD GEAR! That’s what I wanted to tell you, Miss I-perfectly-know-what-I’m-doing! ” Spike roared, between ironic and desperate, thinking about what would have happened if that was the beginning.
“Oops…” she smiled innocently, shifting in the right gear.
--------------------------------------------

“It was fun, wasn’t it?” a satisfied Buffy exclaimed, getting off the car, once they were back at the hotel after a little more than a hour of dare driving.
“Sure, save the no-admittance road you entered, the right of way you didn’t give, and the man on a bicycle you were about to knock down… Yeah, you drove bloody good. Forget to drive my poor car again, Slayer!” Spike snapped, as they came back to the Hotel.

TBC