Thank you sooo much, you’re sooo kind, I’m touched! :-)
And now.. have another good laugh!

PART 16
(It refers to ‘ What’s my line’ pt. 1)

After a couple of hours, they went out, getting into the first shop they found.
She seemed to be attracted by any dress she saw, and soon she headed towards the small room with a pile of clothes to wear.
She admired herself at the mirror, in a white dress with pearls in the shoulder loop and a cut-work neckline.
After deciding that it would be one of her purchasing, she looked at the other clothes. She slipped on a red short skirt with a belt, and when she saw its buckle she laughed: it was portrayed a bat with open wings and fangs!

< Well, Spike will like it… Wait! I’m dressing for me, not for him!> she told herself , knowing that she would have inevitably buy that skirt, too.

After adding a shirt and a couple of tank tops, she slipped on her previous clothes and left the small room, taking to the desk her choices.
She found Spike waiting for her, holding a pair of black elegant trousers and a black shirt.
She questioned him with her eyes, giving him her dresses.
“I’ve got new clothes, happy now?” he pointed out.
“I suggest you to buy something sportive, too, due to what I’m planning to do!” Spike advised her, showing her the sportswear department, where she saw nothing but hot shorts and tank tops with a prohibitive neckline.
“My jeans and T-shirt will be ok!” she assured him, as he paid at the desk.
It was unusual to see him using a credit card, and she wondered who had faked his documents so well.

“So, what are you planning?” she asked, waving satisfied the shopping bag, once they left the shop.
“I saw a rink on our way, are you up for a nice ride on the roller blades?”
“First, I’ve never tried, then..”
“Are you kidding? You’re excellent in ice-skating, so ..”
“Wait! How the hell do you know it?” she asked, surprised.
“A good stalker always keeps an eye to his enemy!” he smiled, raising an eyebrow.
“Do you mean you spied on me?”
“Yeah, believe me, you could have chosen a better partner: me!” he sneered.
“You know what? Let’s go, I’m curious to see you in action, Mr. I’m-the-best-in everything-I-do!” she exclaimed, rolling her eyes, as he leaded her.

After ten minutes, they arrived at the rink, and they slipped on the skates.
Spike showed her his skill, and Buffy was astonished, it seemed that he had done nothing else during his whole existence.
She was still, sat on the bench, and after seeing how good he was she had decided to remain there, not to show up badly. But the bleached blond didn’t think so.
“C’mon, sunshine, it’s not so hard! Here, let me help you!” he offered, stretching out his hand.
She accepted his help, and with a tug he pulled her to him, but caught off guard she grasped his shoulder not to lose balance.
Again the shake!

“See? It’s not so different from ice-skating: you just gotta get accustomed to the wheels.” he instructed her, departing.
She tried to walk laboriously, pushing herself too much and losing balance, but Spike was there ready to catch her.
He managed to make her have a ride on the track, holding hands and trying not to run too fast.
After a couple of rounds, she felt enough sure to carry on alone.. after all, Spike was right: it wasn’t that different from ice-skating.
In fact, she became so self confident that she dared some jumps she usually did on ice, satisfied by her results.
Spike was amazed by her progresses and he didn’t hesitate to challenge her to a race.
Not managing to establish who the winner was, they decided to rest, leaning on a low wall.

“Tell me, where did you learn to skate so well?” she asked.
“Well, pet, when you spend more than a century on this Earth, you try a little bit of everything… nocturnal version, of course!” he explained.
“So, did you also attend a home ec class, or one to learn to sew?” she mocked him, and they both laughed.
“You know, maybe you should have attended a fashion and stylist class, just to find out that there are other colors in the world, aside from red and black!” she added, running away and laughing.
Spike chased and caught her.
“At least, I have the good taste to wear * whole* clothes, not those stamps of fabric you mistake for skirt and tank tops!” he struck back.
“Hey!” Buffy exclaimed insulted, trying to kick him, but she forgot she still wore the skates, and she lost balance, falling on her butt with a not so elegant thump.
Spike burst out laughing shamelessly at her.
“Slayer, I have spent years wondering how to eliminate you… I would have never guessed it was enough to put you on wheels! C’mon, why don’t you try to skate me? Oops, I meant ‘ stake’!” he mocked her.
“Ha, ha, Mr. Fun, less talk and more help!” she said, trying to get up.
“Next time, we’ll do it on the ice!” she summoned him, as she leant to him.
“As if it would be a problem for me: actually, I’m better on the ice than on the street!” he sneered.
“I hate you!” she snapped, sticking out her tongue to him.
“And I hate you more! Now, pet, let’s go to take off those things, I guess I humiliated you enough!” he struck back, doing the same.

TBC