Thank you, Rachel, and , as always, thank you, BuffyAndSpikeForever! :)


PART 17
(It refers to ‘Out of mind ‘, but it’s slightly different…)

/// It was almost dawn when they came back, but when they got in front of their hotel, instead of getting in, Buffy walked beyond.
“Pet, we arrived, where are you going?”
“This mess’s gotta end!” she exclaimed, watching him coldly.
“Mess? I thought we were having fun here!” he struck back, not understanding her sudden change of behavior.
“I’m done..” she carried on, drawing out a stake from her back pocket and walking towards him, as he looked surprised.
“Spike, you are a killer, and I should have done this *years * ago!”
Spike looked her in the eyes.
“You know what? Do it. Bloody just do it!”
“What?”
“End my torment: seeing you everyday, everywhere I go, every time I turn around. Take me.. out of a world that has you in it!” he said, yanking off his shirt, and throwing it on the street.
“Just kill me!”
Buffy stared at him, then raised her stake and lunged.

Spike winced, but she stopped at the last minute.
They stared at each other, incapable of saying a word.
Suddenly, Spike grabbed Buffy by her upper arms, and kissed her passionately.
She returned the kiss.
It went on for a moment, until Buffy pulled back, and with a little noise of dismay, she brought her hand to her mouth.
She stared at Spike, and he stared at her, both panting.
The stake had mysteriously disappeared from her hand.
Slowly, she dropped her hand from her mouth, and walked back to Spike, putting both of her hands to the back of his head, and pulling him down towards her.
They kissed again, very passionately, more than before if it was possible.
Spike brought his hands up to clutch her back, kissing her cheek and the side of her neck.

“Spike, I want you!” Buffy exclaimed, panting.
“Buffy, I love you..” Spike muffled against her neck.
“God, I love you so much..” ///

Spike awoke all of the sudden, startled and gasped.
Buffy kept sleeping beside him, completely unaware of everything.
Spike watched her with pure terror in his eyes.
“Oh god, no!” he exclaimed in a whisper.
His gaze fell again on the girl, and her serene expression touched him against his will.
“Please.. no..” he carried on with his mantra.

< Oh my God: Dru was right!> he realized, and for once thinking about Drusilla didn’t torture him, didn’t make him sick, didn’t make his undead heart ache as always.

But that didn’t make Spike happy, ‘cause he already knew he wasn’t in a better situation.
Engrossed in his pessimistic thoughts, he tried to sleep again, keeping himself as near as possible to his side: he’d have better avoid certain too tempting closeness.
He spent half morning awake, watching her sleeping and wondering why fate had decided to play such a trick on him.

< It’s just a dream, or rather.. a nightmare, just a bloody bad dream! And I won’t let it influence my existence and most of all this vacation!> he swore to himself, managing to fall asleep again.

-----------------------------------------

“Wake up, Spikey, it’s 7:30 p.m., it will be dusk soon!” Buffy exclaimed, shaking him gently.
Spike had to restrain his instincts when he saw her.
Buffy wore the white long dress he had glanced at the desk, but seeing it on her was much better. She was beautiful, that dress seemed have been made only for her.
Besides, she had finally decided to untie her hair, just washed, after keeping it in a clumsy pony-tail for three days.
Now, it fell over her shoulders in soft waves, as some rebel locks framed her face.
She was stunning and Spike was speechless.

TBC


(Author’s note : Oops, did I mention that parts between /// are just dreams?)