PART 18

“What? Did you bite your tongue in your sleep?” Buffy made fun of him.
He kept silent, but decided to get up and lock himself in the bathroom to get ready.

< Uff, he wears the T-shirt this time… No, bad Buffy, you don’t care, remember?>

“Well, it seems that I’ve got used to the vampire style of life: I slept all day long, so now I’m very active!” she commented loudly, because she wanted him to hear.

“What’s the plan tonig..” she wondered, but when she saw him leaving the bathroom she was speechless.
Spike wore the new trousers that fitted him to a T, and the black shirt, opened to show his bare chest.
“Oh! You are so .. so .. so .. so black !” she exclaimed, cursing herself for appearing so tongue-tied.
“It seems you’re not the only one changing looks, sunshine!” he said, glad that he had regained his self-control.
“Anyway, I was thinking we could eat outside, then… What about moon-bathing on the beach?” he suggested.
“Moon what?”
“Never tried it, pet? It’s very nice..”
“I don’t know, and anyway, I don’t have a swimsuit…”
“Do you mean one of * this*?” he exclaimed, opening a drawer of the cupboard, drawing out a baby blue bikini and putting it on the bed.
“When?” she confined herself to say, taking it to watch it better.

She had to admit that Spike had really good taste
“You stayed locked in that closet so long that I would have had time to buy the whole shop!” he struck back.
“So, do you like it?”
“Spiiiiiiiiike, it’s beautiful! Sure, I’ll pay you back also for that..”
“No, pet, this is a real gift from me… as well as a devious attempt to see you half-naked!” he explained, with a cocky smirk.
“You… pig! Anyway, thank you,!” she answered, locking herself in the bathroom to wear it.

Spike didn’t know if he should hate or congratulate himself for that move: a whole night at the beach with Buffy, wearing only a bikini, few inches from him.. was there a bigger challenge to keep his self-control?
---------------------------------------------------------

When they left, the Receptionist greeted them and couldn’t help congratulating them for their stunning elegance.
After eating on their way and a short tour through the town, they reached the beach.
“What are you doing?” Buffy exclaimed, seeing Spike taking two beach mattresses from a beach umbrella.
“I’ll take them near the shore, so we can use them. There’s no one here at night… and I don’t know about you, but I don’t wanna lay down on the sand…”
“You said you weren’t a thief!” she accused him.
“As a matter of fact, I’m not stealing, just borrowing!” he clarified, opening them.
“Alright, now, we just gotta take off our clothes!” he commented, unbuttoning his shirt.
Buffy had some trouble doing it.

< C’mon, it’ just a bikini, there’s no shame to show it! And it’s not the first time I wear a bikini in front of a male. How many days have I spent at the swimming pool with my friends? And they were Xander and Oz… males! I can do it..> Buffy encouraged herself, lowering the zipper of her dress.

Then, why did she feel the deep scrutiny in the blond vampire’s eyes? And most important…. Why did it pleased her so much?
And she enjoyed even more seeing Spike wearing a pair of black boxers shouting ‘Jump me!’.

“You’re gorgeous, pet!” he exclaimed, as soon as she decided to take off her white dress, putting it carefully on the beach mattress.
She just smiled at Spike, although she was tempted to tell him the same.
They both lay down on their mattress, quite close.
“You know… it’s like sunbathing… but it’s better: the air is warm, but not suffocating, there’s more quietness, the waves of the ocean are the only noise..” she commented, closing her eyes to enjoy that moment better.
“I was sure you would like it. Anyway, sweetie, with such a starry sky it’s a pity to close your eyes..” he said and she followed his advice, admiring the tons of stars mirroring in the water, so much that it was impossible to figure out where the sky began and the ocean ended.
They stayed like that for a while, without a word, glancing at each other when the other didn’t notice.

TBC