sorry for this late!

PART 23

Buffy left home at 9:30, happy that finally it was dark.
She had spent the whole morning listening to the song Spike left for her again and again, she had it almost memorized; and in the afternoon she turned room upside-down to find something special to wear, and at the end she had chosen the red mini skirt with the bat-shaped buckle and a black see-through blouse… what a coincidence.. a certain someone’s fave colours.

She headed towards the warehouse and saw him from afar: he was leaning on the door of his car, smoking a cigarette with a big uneasiness , and.. he was beautiful!
She approached him, and the joy in his eyes when he saw her was indescribable.
“Buffy, you came!”
“Don’t flatter yourself, Spike! I’m here just to bring the jeep back home!” she cut him, and the joy faded out.
“Sure, the car… I had forgotten…”
“Wassup with all of this? Did you think it was enough to make me listen a sweet song full of nice words to touch my heart? It doesn’t change anything!” she kept talking, heading towards the jeep as Spike followed her, wondering silently if she got a heart.

“Oh, there’s still something I gotta say, Spike.. “ she added, opening the car’s door.
“What else?” he asked, sure that she couldn’t hurt him more than she had already done.
He didn’t understand why she had slammed the car door without getting inside, and most of all why she was showing to him the brightest smile.
“.. you’re not the only good actor!” she exclaimed, winkling.
“You.. it means that..” he stuttered, confused.
She nodded, as she kept smiling.
“You little evil cheater!” he exclaimed, tickling her waist.
“Well, I just had a good teacher!” she justified between giggles, and then he quit tickling her.

“Just.. how?”
She interrupted him, grasping his shoulders and giving him a very soft kiss, without giving him the time to part his lips
“Let’s just say that something made me realize that time is running out, so I decided I wanna spend mine with you! But you gotta listen to me: I won’t make any change..”
Spike interrupted her with another soft kiss that she accepted very willingly.
“There’s no need, haven’t you listened to that song? I’m the one who’s gotta un-live his un-life extended and gotta mend broken pieces..”
“What do you mean?” she asked eagerly.
“Well, it seems that my killing people kind of .. bothers you a little bit, so I’m even willing to quit killing them!” he declared.
She was speechless.
“Spike, are you sure? It’s a too big sacrifice for you, it means to go against your nature, I can’t expect you to quit drinking human blood!” she admitted, sincerely impressed by his gesture.
“Hey, hey, hey, easy, pet, calm down! I’ve never said I would quit drinking human blood: I just said that I would quit * Killing* humans, so.. if you take into consideration that I usually kill a couple of people nightly.. four when I’m really up..” he started, knowing well that the Slayer didn’t like that speech at all, if one judges by the way she was looking at him.
But he didn’t care, he had to cut to the chase.
“.. if I don’t kill them, but simply take a bite.. it makes.. Uhmm..”
He just missed a calculator, a peaked cap, and a pair of glasses, because in that moment he really seemed an accountant dealing with a very difficult balance sheet!
“.. let’s say twelve lightly drained people at night!” he concluded.
“What?! No way, four to the utmost!” she replied.
“Eleven!”
“Five!”
“Ten!”
“Seven, and that’s my last offer: take or leave it!”
“Deal!”

“Can’t you imagine Giles’ face if he saw me right now, bargaining over the amount of people you can hurt?” she commented, and a second after they both split their sides with laughter.
“Anyway, pet, I’ve got something to ask you..”
She watched him suspiciously.
“Don’t worry, it’s not big change, it’s just a little favour: could you possibly kill demons & Co not so quickly?” he asked her.
“It’s my job, after all, but compared to what you chose to do for me I guess it’s the least I can do for you: Ok, Spikey, I’ll try not to kill them so fast, happy now?” she assured him.
“Yeah, most of all because some of them still owe me lots of bucks at poker!” he clarified, with a smirk.
“And here I go, thinking it was your sense of friendship making you ask me that!” she said, punching his shoulder playfully.

“Anyway, poker?” she questioned him.
“Well, it happens to be another of my ways to make some money!” he explained, raising an eyebrow.
“By the way, you still have to pay me for all the dresses I bought to you!” he reminded her.
“Forget it! Things are different now that you are my boyfriend..”
“Wait! How did you just call me?” he interrupted her, with a big twinkle in his blue eyes.
“Well, ‘boyfriend’: are you or aren’t you my boyfriend now?” she asked, wondering if she was going too fast, scaring him.
But he smiled at her, sweetly.
“Always, kitten, always!” he murmured, playing with her hair.

TBC

More spuffyness in the next chapter!