Author's Chapter Notes:
i still joined some chapters together
Thank you so much, Shippy and Mandi, I’m so glad you like it so far!! :-)

PART 5
(It refers to these episodes: from ‘What’s my line pt2’ to ‘The beginning pt2’)

Buffy headed towards the car, dragging Spike out of it.

< Lucky for me, he’s still unconscious… what if he had seen me while I was dusting those dumb fledglings to make the house free for him? I’m still wondering why I did this favor to him!> she thought, as she brought him inside the warehouse.

She laid him on the bed, then she took a little bottle of water out from her rucksack, which she opened, flinging the whole content over his face, getting what she wanted.
“What the fu…” Spike snapped, waking up startled.
“I haven’t the whole night, and I need you to be awake for what I’m gonna say…” she explained, as he rubbed his face and squeezed his hair, bothered due to the water that was taking away his hair-gel.
“You have time ‘till sunrise to sober up and leave town…” she announced, smiling when she noticed his rebel curls, as he took a look around, recognizing the place she had brought him to.
“It’s the old warehouse! Just how…”
Suddenly, realization hit him.
“Just tell me you didn’t dare to put your claws on my car…” he exclaimed, but not matter all his efforts to get up, he was just too dizzy.
“Calm down, Spike: yes, I drove your car, but I didn’t damage it this time..” she reassured him.
“By the way, tell me about the crash, how did it happen?” he asked, sitting up laboriously.
“Well, I was just trying to park my car, but while I was doing the reverse… I accidentally hit yours and didn’t know what to do..”
“Oh, my poor baby! It must be terrible…” he commented, concerned.
“Well, it wasn’t so tragic after all, I’ve faced worse things… Anyway, I don’t like all this sudden confidence with me from you…” she answered, a little bit puzzled, leaning against the wall, far away from the bed.
“Look, I was talking about * my car* !” he explained coldly, even if at the very end he was amused by her misunderstanding and now she was embarrassed as ever.
“Oh! The car! Of course, sure…” she repeated, shaking her head.

“Just tell me, Slayer: how can it be that I’m not on the asphalt unconscious, waiting for the sun to burn me?” he wondered.
“Let’s just say that I felt guilty, couldn’t leave you like that!” she admitted, staring at the floor.
“What? * You* feeling * guilty* over me?!”
“It seems so…” she answered, without taking her eyes off of the floor.
“ You didn’t feel guilty when you threw the whole bloody organ on me, and now you feel guilty about my car?”
“ First: about the organ episode, you were looking for trouble that day, and trouble is what you found! Anyway, I didn’t do it on purpose, and I bet it wasn’t pleasant!”
“ Yeah, bloody true!” he grumbled, thinking back to those days he had spent on a wheelchair, as Angelus stole Drusilla right in front of him; sure, when that sadistic pervert wasn’t too busy trying to turn the Slayer’s life into a hell.
After all, that hadn’t been a good period for her either.
At least, they sympathized in that, and maybe that sympathy had brought them to their fateful truce.

TBC


PART 6

Buffy resumed talking, taking his mind off of his thoughts.
“There’s no reason to still hold it against me; you healed, after all. And believe me, I know what it feels like: many years ago, before becoming the Chosen One, I broke my arm, so I spent whole months – you know, there wasn’t any healing power back to those days, quite the contrary, I was way too fragile – with my arm in plaster, doing nothing all time long, and it was damn boring … Well, I don’t even know why I told you this story..” she commented.

“Well, it’s good to know that even the invincible Slayer has got her weakness ..” Spike exclaimed, chuckling.
“But I said it was before..”
“Pet, I’m not talking about your broken arm, I mean the way you’re acting now: far away from me, looking at the ground, feeling bloody awkward , so much that you keep talking whenever the silence falls between you and me, babbling about anything.. even your past! Being alone with me makes you uncomfortable, admit it, that’s your weakness!” he explained, calm as ever.
“You’re wrong! I’m not blathering about the first thing jumping in my mind to cover the silence between you and me…” she defended herself.

He looked at her in a daring way, being silent on purpose and gazing at his watch.
“Coming back to what I was saying before…” she exclaimed and he stopped her, chuckling as soon as she resumed her speech.
“My compliments, pet, you have held on for a whole twenty-three seconds!” he mocked her, clapping his hands.
“Grrr! Ok, you’re right, silence makes me nervous, happy now?” she snapped, approaching him on purpose, to show him that at least she didn’t fear being close to him.
“Where does all this sudden wisdom come from? Maybe from all the alcohol you’ve gulped down?” she struck back, sitting on the bed.

“Call it wisdom, call it drunken attitude, call it what-bloody-ever you want… but I’m sure you didn’t tell me all the truth. I know there’s something more than the guilty sense.. Why haven’t you killed me or let me die there?” he asked, as serious as ever.
“ Actually… I couldn’t. I mean, you’re William the Bloody, the dangerous killer of two Slayers, the ex-Master of this town, such a great vampire deserves a great death: lying drunk on a street due to a sentimental delusion is for losers!”
“You think I’m great?” he asked in disbelief.
“I can recognize a good opponent when I meet one, and believe me, you are one hell of opponent! Anyway, now don’t flatter yourself!” she added, getting up and reaching the exit.

“Where are you going now?” he asked, confused.
“I think it’s kinda clear: I let you sober up, so you can leave town as soon as possible!”
“I’m already perfectly sober now, so I guess I’ll go around creating some havoc…” he protested, getting up quickly.
He didn’t have time enough to say it, that he lost balance, but fortunately he fell on the bed again.
“Trust me, now the only havoc you can create is to attack the pillow and drink all its feathers!” she mocked him.
“Just think about resting, ok? Maybe one day we’ll meet again, so I can give you a death worthy of you!”
“If I were you, I wouldn’t be so sure about that: I would kill you so fast that you wouldn’t have even the time to say ‘Ha’!” he struck back, turning on the bed and falling asleep immediately after.
She smiled and left, deciding to let him have the last word, for once!

TBC