Sorry for late, I’ trying to be as fast as possible, and I can just say that the story is still veeeeery long, be patient!! :-)


PART 7

The sudden ring of the alarm clock, which she had set very early that morning, startled Buffy who turned off the bothering object with a punch, as she tried to remember who and where she was, and then she headed towards the bathroom.
About half an hour later, revitalized by the cold shower, Buffy headed downstairs, as she still was taking on her T-shirt.
She went into the kitchen, where she found Joyce.

“Still here? Ok, I mean, that sounded a little rude; good morning, mom, I thought you had already left…”
“It’s just a matter of minutes, Buffy, the taxi is on its way. Anyway, what are you doing already up at this time, you, Miss Don’t-Wake-Me-Up-Before-Midday-When-I’m-On-Holiday ?” her mother struck back, as she checked out her baggage for the last time.
“Well, it’s such a beautiful day… and I don’t feel much like wasting all this sunny morning sleeping lazily…” the blonde justified, as she was making some pancakes.
“I don’t know why, but I don’t believe you… After all, you are Mystery Girl, so I wouldn’t be surprised if you were hiding something from me..” Joyce inquired.
“Mommy, it’s nothing, I just feel like taking a walk…I’m not hiding anything…” Buffy tried to reassure her, judging herself a terrible liar.

At the very end, there was a little bit of truth in that sentence: she was really planning to take a walk… to a certain old abandoned warehouse…
“Sure, as you didn’t hide the scratches at the back of my car!” Joyce retorted, crossing her arms.
Buffy choked with her pancake.
“Well, I didn’t want you to worry about that, it was just a little crash, nothing serious…”
“Little or big, a crash is always something serious! You should have let me know it immediately! Well, thank your lucky star that I’m leaving now, but when I’m back I’ll sort you out, Missy!” she summoned her, leaving and shutting the door very hard, reaching the taxi that had just arrived to take her to the airport.

“It was kind of sour as a goodbye… and I’ll also get a scolding, and maybe a punishment, perfect!” Buffy said to herself ironically, as she looked from the window how the taxi went further and further away.
“Well, I’ll think about it when it’s the moment, now I’ve got a mission!” she muttered, putting on her shoes and leaving.

< I wonder why I’m this rushed to verify if he left… He surely has, and now he must be far away from this town… so I can go back to my life… as empty as it is…> Buffy thought as she crossed the road leading to the warehouse.

< I bet this long walk is perfectly useless. There will be nothing and no one..>

She hadn’t even finished saying it, when her heart leapt (and she wondered why) as she saw the DeSoto, parked in the same bad way she had parked it the night before.

< This can only mean that… Well, honestly, I don’t know if I’m surprised for the discovery, mad at him ‘cause he didn’t keep his word and obeyed… or comforted for not being alone in this town, deserted as ever now that everyone is on holiday… Well, he’s not the best of the companies, of course, but.. Alright, now I’m lying even to myself! Bad Buffy, you can’t be… happy about it! He’s not a friend to spend the summer with, he’s a mortal enemy!> she said resolutely to herself, and then she rushed into the warehouse, decided to be overwhelmed by rage.

“Hey, when I said that we could have met again someday, I didn’t mean THAT SOON! What the flaming hell are you doing still here? May I talk Double Dutch?” she snapped, dragging him out of the bed roughly.
“Actually, you talk *too bloody loud *! Please, have a bit of mercy for a poor little vamp in the middle of the scariest hang-over of his un-life!” Spike said with a faint, voice, barely opening his eyes and coming back to bed immediately, massaging his temples.

Buffy looked at him astonished and speechless.
“Could you possibly quit this bloody racket?” he snapped, burying his head under the pillow.
“Spike, I’m just breathing!” she justified in a whisper, stunned.
“Well, don’t do it so loud!” he retorted.
“Bloody alcohol and bloodier its inventor!” he grumbled, turning nervously on the bed.
“Do you need an aspirin?” she asked in a whisper once again, opening her rucksack.
“I’m afraid it wouldn’t be enough to gulp down the whole packet!” he struck back.
“If a soft breath annoys you so bad, I guess what it would be for you to drive in the middle of the traffic in the highway..” she commented ironically.
“Yeah, sorry if I’m not keeping my word, but I’m going no-bloody-where, not now! So, if you don’t agree… you’re free to stake me, maybe that way this bloody headache will fade away.. with me!”
“I’ve already told you: there’s no way I’d dust you like that, I’m a fair opponent after all, call it respect for the enemy!” Buffy said, reaching to the exit.
“I’ll be back tonight, hope to see you in all your glory!” she added sarcastically, waving her hand at him.

When he was sure she was far away, Spike jumped off the bed, laughing.
“I’m a bloody amazing actor!” he said to himself, pleased.
“Go back home, Slayer… when you’re back tonight, I’ll know how to welcome you…” he muttered with the most sinister of sneers.

TBC



PART 8

< I don’t know how much that vampire can hold his alcohol, but I imagine he must have sobered up by now! Maybe.. he didn’t even wait for me and is already on his way… Ok, Buffy: now try to say it again with a little less sadness! > the Slayer chastised herself as she parked the Jeep next to the warehouse, getting off the vehicle and heading towards the entrance.

“Scchlayyerrrr! C’mon, get in, Iii waaash waiting for ya..” Spike welcomed her, running into her with a bottle of vodka in his hand, dragging her inside by an arm.
Buffy was blind with rage and she roughly freed herself from his grip.
“I can’t believe it, you are drinking again! Are you nuts? Just this morning you cursed alcohol and its inventors!” she snapped, trying to snatch the bottle from him.
“Yeah, but then the night fell down, I felt miserable … aaand this issh the answeeer.. “ he slurred, raising the bottle to prevent her from taking it.
“You’re helpless. I’ve had enough patience, but now I don’t care anymore: you gotta..”
“Driiink wiiith meee..” he invited her, ignoring her words.
“What?” she said astonished, staring at the bottle.
“Ya heard me. Something tells meee ya’re not happier than meee… I’m just thiiinking about.. Look, if ya thiiiink your life issh perfect the way it issh, and ya miss nothing and ya’re happy.. ya’re freeee to leave nooow ..”
And that was what Buffy did.

He was going to curse, but she saw her coming back.
“I just went to lock my car… I thought I would be here for no more than five minutes, instead I’m afraid it will be a very long night..” she explained, sitting on the ground, as he gave her a glass, happy to have her as a drinking mate.
“I’ve just bought it frooom a store nearby, it’s stiiill fresh!” he informed her, showing the bottle, adding another one, still of vodka.

“Yummy.. mint and lemon … my fave flavors.. how did you know it?” she wondered, playing with the glass.
“Maybe, because they are my fave ones, too!” he explained, sitting next to her.
“ Honestly, my real faaave flavor issh another one.. but thee shop-boy looked at me as I waaash fool when Iii asked him if there waaash a blood flavorrred vodka… “ he added, making Buffy laugh.

“Hey, don’t you know I’m not even old enough to drink?” she teased him, stretching the glass towards the bottle of lemon flavored vodka.
“Ya’re right, sooo maybe ya’d rather have a coke or an orange juiiice..” he struck back, pretending to go look for them.
But she made him sit again, pulling him by his shirt.
“Shut up.. and POUR!”
“As my Mistress wishes!” he said ironically, opening the bottle and pouring the liquid into her glass, as he filled his with mint flavored vodka, the one he had already opened, emptying a quarter of the bottle.
“Mm.. so good, so icy!” Buffy murmured, gulping it down in one shot.
Spike smiled.
“Hey pet, easy or ya’ll end up drunk after the first glass!”
“Naaah, I think I can hold my alcohol much beeetter than ya…” she struck back, without even noticing she was already slurring.
“Sure, pet, sure!” he muttered, filling her glass, without even waiting for her to ask.

TBC