Hi, I’m back, hope you’ll still like this fic… :)

PART 9 ( It refers to the whole season 3 )

“C’mon, update me a bit ‘bout this wonderful town of Sunnyhell! Any news during my absence?”

Buffy and Spike chatted for hours about all the events that had created havoc in town, from Buffy’s short escape with following change of identity, to the Apocalypse involving the Mayor’s ascension.
It was Buffy who did the most of the talk, drunker and drunker…
She started and cheered excessively every time she remembered some curious episode.

“I told ya ‘bout the other Scchlayyerrrr, the rebel one, the Council had captured heerrrrrr, but sheeeee escaped… Oh! I haven’t’ yeeet told ya there waaash a neew Waatcherrr, too; but he’s suuuch a perfect idiot!” Buffy told him, pausing to drink, without noticing that he hadn’t filled his glass since the first one.
In fact, Spike confined himself just to listen to her, with a live (although he was anything but live!) interest.

“Ya’ll be wondering: why a neew Waatcherrr? ‘ Cause Giles is no looonger my Waatcherrr. Ya know why? For my 18th birthday he drugged me, making me looose all my powerrrs, and making me faaaace a huuuge vamp… What a nice way to celebrate eighteen yearrsh old!” she commented sarcastically, pulling the bottle of mint flavored, pouring it into her glass.
“Whaaat? He really do it? Why? Waaash he planning to kill ya?” he wondered confused.
“ Wooorse! It’s the typicaaal test every Scchlayyerrrr ’s gotta faaaace when she turns eighteen … if she manages to be that ooooold! Anyway, at the eend Giles changeeed his mind, helping meee, so when the Council found ooouut…” she explained.

“I can imagine… nothing else?”
“Uhmm.. yeah! There waaash a Vamp-Willoooww, from another dimension and sheeeee waaash determined to tuuurn half Sunnydale .. ‘cause sheeeee didn’t feel hooome, poor giiirl; inshhtead, the truue Willoooww issh a witch that’s getting stronger day by day… that’s why sheeeee almost went to the stake when theeere waaash the Inquisition here for a day… Oh! Theeere ’s more: I was able to read people’s miiinds for a while, buuut then I waaash gonna be crazy.. buuut Angel saved meee..”

Spike snorted and rolled his eyes hearing that name, but he smiled when Buffy shook her glass to make him fill it.
“Ya know, I used that power to tryyy to read his miiind, buuut with ya vamps it issh not possible … I wanted to fiind out if he had felt something foor Faiith, the rebel Scchlayyerrrr, when he pretended to bee sooullessh again and joined forces with heerrrrrr and the Mayor in order too discover their plans..”
“Peaches, double crossing?! I caan’t believe it!” Spike exclaimed, shaking his head.
“Yeah, and he waaash kinda good, belieeeve me!”

“Anywaaaay, I waaash thinking, here ya are, the Goood Scchlayyerrrr full of principles… spending the night with Baaad Vamps… Why aren’t ya with your bloody scooby gang?” he wondered, filling her umpteenth glass.. with extreme attention.

“Ah, my friends… if I can call them so! They are on holidaay on theirrr own: Will with Ooz, and Xaan has decided he caan’t live withooout Cordelia, so he left searching for heerrrrrr to start it all overrr again! Mooommy doesn’t even know the meaning ooof the wooord ‘holidaay’ and she issh away working, and Giles alwaaysh comes baaack to his beloveeed London whenever he gets a bunch of freeee time” she explained.
“Ya can’t blame him, Loondon is something magic …” he commented melancholically.
“Ya know what? I saved the world once more, so whooo cares if Buuufffyy issh heartbroken since Angel left? Quite theeee contrary, I knooow they are all happy ‘bout it, they all expected nooothing but thaaat!” she complained, tracing the edge of the glass with a finger, but without drinking.

“Theeee Poof left?!” he repeated with a clear excitement, as he noticed satisfied that Buffy had brought the glass to her lips, drinking half content.
“Yeeeaahh, he saaaid that Iii couldn’t live like that, that Iii had too fiiind a normal guy to live a normal liiife, and ya can’t dare to tell him anything , caaause maybe ya don’t knooow, but heee has a degree in Buffyology: heee * does* knooow meee, bettterrr than myself, ya know?” she said, sarcastically.
“I bet I know ya bettterrr than everyone, I knooow what ya really need, ‘cause it’s the same thing I need…” he said, as she watched him puzzled.

“Both of us need to pull the plug out… Slayer, why don’t we take a break and leave for a while? Just you and me, far away from this town and all the bad memories… no Vampire and no Slayer, just two people having their more than deserved holiday… what do you say?” he suggested, tilting his head to one side to look better into her eyes.
“Iii just saaay that ya’re a fool and ya’re delirious! There issh no damn waaaay of meee and ya spending time tooogether…” she protested.
“I’m sure there is , for three simple reasons, pet…” Spike informed her, getting up and turning around her slowly, as a predator with his prey.
“Number one: you know you want it..” he said with a deep voice, extremely sensual.
Buffy confined herself to watch him, without saying anything.
“Number two: I’m not drunk, I was just pretending…” he confessed with a smirk.
“What..” she exclaimed, but he prevented her from talking.
“And number three: you didn’t even notice that I drugged your last glass with a powerful sleeping potion, so you should fall asleep..”
“Ya what?! Ya, dam..” she struck back, trying to get up to leave, but before she could do it her eyelids became heavy and she fell to the ground, deeply asleep.
“… now!” he ended up his sentence with an evil sneer.

TBC

I know, I know, this is a baaaaad cliffhanger , but I’m evil ih ih ih !!