I'm so sorry for this huge late!!!!!!


PART 10 ( It refers to ‘ Out of mind ‘)

Spike lifted her in his arms, approaching to his DeSoto.
He took a strong rope from his trunk and he used it to tie the girl to the front seat, then he put himself at the wheel.
“Well, pet, make yourself comfortable ‘cause we are leaving for a nice road-trip!” he exclaimed, setting the car in motion and departing without even having a determinate goal, the most important thing was to go as far away as possible from Sunnydale.

By then he had been driving for hours, looking at Buffy every now and then to control her.
She slept peacefully, grasping with a hand the part of the seat that the rope allowed her to reach.
Spike couldn’t help noticing how much she looked just like a fragile defenseless girl in that moment.

< So, my Sire’s deputy, you left her, you sodding coward! You had her unconditioned love and you gave it up to protect your bloody soul! You are dumb; if I had been you I would have… Wait a moment! What the bloody hell am I saying? I couldn’t care less about her… that nasty little face, that bouncing shampoo- commercial hair, that whole sodding holier-than-thou attitude… I just can’t stand her! > he told himself convinced, then he realized she was stirring.

In fact, Buffy popped her eyes opened, immediately noticing the rope that was captivating her to the seat.
“You, damn pervert psychotic bastard double-crosser liar cheater!” she roared, waggling and watching him with fire in her eyes.
He returned her rage with the cockiest of smirks.
“Well, pet, I see that you don’t like leaving speeches half-done! Anyway, good morning to you, too, sunshine!” he struck back, then he observed her better.
“How can it be that you’re not complaining ‘bout a terrible hang-over? After all, you have drunk hell more than I did two days ago…” he commented astonished.
“It’s a Slayer advantage: all the alcohol I can take… without the day after headache!” she sang song with a smile of satisfaction.
“So, now what are you going to do with me? And where the hell are we going?” she snapped, trying to set her free again.
“It’s exactly what I told you: we are leaving for a while… so shut up and enjoy this holiday!” he explained, without taking his eyes off of the road.
“This is not what I use to call a holiday: you fooled me, made me drunk, drugged me!” she struck back furiously.
“Yeah, but I haven’t used violence this time, hope you’ll appreciate that!” he justified.
“And how the hell do you call * these *?” she asked sarcastically, pointing with her eyes at the ropes that tied her.
“Don’t tell me these are the safety belts of your car!”
“Well, I’m not that stupid to let you free to kill me…” he justified.
“You abducted me!” she yelled.
“Easy with the big words! I’ve already told you we are just going to spend some time together far away from Sunnyhell.”
“I can’t understand why: you know that I violently dislike you!”
“Don’t worry, I hate you, too; but I hate more spending my holiday alone..” he explained, smiling and pulling over the car as soon as he could.

“Buffy, can you swear that you won’t try to escape if I set you free, now?” he asked her seriously.
And due to the fact he had used her real name once again, Buffy believed in his paradoxically good and innocent intentions.
“You know, I wouldn’t know where to go anyway, and even if I managed to come back to Sunnydale it wouldn’t be worth it: there’s no one left there, so I’d just better accept our proposal and enjoy this odd Summer… In a word, you’re free to free me, I swear I won’t try anything funny, most of all ‘cause now I’m curious to find out what you’re planning!” she admitted, as he began loosening her ropes.

Once she was free, after stretching for a while, she punched hard his nose, making it bleed.
“ Ouch! Bloody Hell, Slayer! You had promised … why did you do it?” he grumbled, covering his nose in pain with both of his hands.
“ Well, * never* take your number one mortal enemy’s word too seriously ! Besides, you just deserved it! Now, I feel better, so we can go on with this crazy holiday-thing!” she assured him with an innocent smile, as he set the car in motion again.

TBC