Thank you sooo much, BuffyAndSpikeForever! ;)

Before keeping this story, I would like to say that from now on only Maribel will be my beta, but thanks anyway, for all you did, Jill ! :)

PART 11 ( It refers to ‘Anne‘, ‘The wish’ and ‘Nightmares’ )

“You know, it’s just perfect, you don’t even have to bother yourself letting the others know where you are, you said they all are away on their own..” Spike commented, starting the car.
“.. maybe your mother would come back before you do.. and notice that her car is missing.. but that’s not a problem for me: she will just think you have run away from home .. after all it wouldn’t be the first time, would it, * Anne*? “ he said as he called her on purpose with the name she used when she had run away from Sunnydale.
Buffy watched him astonished, most of all due to the fact that if he had called her that way it only meant one thing: he had really listened to everything she had told him the night before, he had really cared about her adventures; that was what really astonished her.

“You told me such funny things… I’m still thinking ‘bout the vampire version of the Red, it must have been lots of fun…” Spike chuckled amused, imagining that shy girl devoted to study creating havoc through the streets of Sunnydale.
“Well, believe me, you didn’t miss on anything special… it wasn’t such a big fun after all..” she grumbled.
Maybe was she jealous ‘cause the blond wasn’t paying attention to her anymore?
“Anyway, don’t you know that I’ve been a vampire, too?” Buffy wondered, pretending not to care too much about revealing it.

His only answer, Spike’s eyes went wide, and he turned to look at her, losing the control of the wheel.
The car skidded and ended in the lane against traffic, as a lorry was about to run into them at high speed.
But the vampire was very skilled, he regained the control of the wheel and put the car into the right lane immediately, not without receiving a strong hoot from the other driver they almost collided.

Spike stopped at the first footpath they found, with a screeching halt.
Due to the scare, Buffy was even paler than Spike!

“Ok, note to myself: never ever tell you such big news when you’re driving!” she exclaimed, putting a hand to her heart that still beat madly.
“I bloody agree, Slayer!” he commented as shocked as her.

“Anyway, you haven’t’ explained that story to me yet!” he added, tilting his head to one side.
“Right. Well, there was a kid with the power to make everyone’s worst nightmare come true; so… try to guess what mine was!” she explained.
“So, what? One fine day you woke up in your bed as a vamp?” he asked very interested.
“Are you kidding? I’ve crossed every phase of the damn process: turned by the Master, I guess at least, stuck in a coffin, digging my way out to arise from the ground, already in full game-face…”
“Fascinating! I would have given anything to see you like that! And tell me: were you a soulless or soulful vampy? And honestly… was it so horrible?”
“Actually, I can’t say if I was totally soulful or not, ‘cause when I awoke I was kinda hungry, my friends were there, scared as ever, and.. if I hadn’t found immediately the enemy I have to kill in order to break the spell.. well, I’m afraid I could have attacked them..” she figured out, worried.
His only answer, Spike chuckled.

“You know… I wouldn’t say it was so horrible after all.. I just felt .. different! Anyway, I can’t tell you properly: I‘ve been a vamp just for a night…”
“Well, pet, if you wanna repeat that experience for a longer period… let’s say forever..” he smiled, vamping out.
“.. just ask! My fangs and I are at your whole disposal!”
“Uh! Thanks for the gentle offer… but you know, I like myself better.. *alive *!” she answered, kind of amused by the absurdity of their speech.
He melted away his demonic visage immediately after.
“Suit yourself!” he snorted, setting the car in motion.
--------------------------------------------------

“If my memory serves me right … there’s a very nice hotel nearby, you know?” he exclaimed, turning at a junction.
From the darkened window Buffy admired the few she managed to see, but that was enough to make her understand they were in a seaside resort nonetheless, with wide beaches and lots of people on the promenade.
“Do you mean that* you* have already been * there*?” she wondered puzzled: a vampire going to the beach instead of hiding in a comfy grey and dark graveyard?
But there was another question she was dying to ask, without figuring out why.
“… with Dru?” she added with a faint voice.

Spike was startled hearing that name. It was like a stab to his stomach, no, it was even more painful!
“No. my Princess doesn’t love sunny places, full of funny people..” he murmured.
“And you do? If I’m not wrong… sun and vampires don’t get along very well!” she commented sarcastic.
“Yeah, but don’t you know that sunny places are even more amazing at night?” he smiled at her, shifting down.
“And contrary to what you think… I happen to like people… when I’m not too busy eating them!” he sneered.
“Anyway, if you wanna know so bad, I came here perfectly alone… then I created some minions, just to have some company… told you I don’t like my holiday in solitude..” he explained, turning off the car.

TBC

Hope you'll still like it! :)