PART 12

“We are here!” Spike informed her, locking the car doors.
“Just relax and take a nap, pet. We won’t get out before sundown!” he murmured, stretching, reclining his seat and closing his eyes.
“What? I’m not gonna be stuck here! I wanna go taking a walk outside!” Buffy protested.
“No, thanks, I don’t fancy myself a s a pile of ashes..” he answered sarcastically, without opening his eyes.
“It’s not right, I bet you’re tired after all the driving.. but I’ve slept all the damn night long, and even further: I’m more than awake.. and I’m getting bored here!”
Spike opened his eyes, staring at her and wondering which difference there was between the most spoiled little girl and her… without finding any!

“Be a good little girl, shut up and behave… and good old Spikey will reward you…” he murmured, glancing slyly at her.
“Pervert pig! Don’t even dare to think that I..” she started to lash out at him, but he chuckled, closing her mouth with a hand, putting the others into his pocket.
“I was just thinking about *this*!” he informed her, waving in front of her eyes the car key.
Buffy felt a complete idiot for the second time in three days.
“If you let me rest and stay here being good, I swear that tonight I’ll let you drive my car for a while… I know how much you like it, who wouldn’t do?”

“Really? You are not kidding? Will you really lend me your car?” she asked enthused as ever.
“Sure, with my supervision, of course… and you’ll need it a lot!” he commented, laying on his seat again.
“You know, on second thought.. I don’t feel like taking that walk very much..” she exclaimed, allowing him to sleep.
“Anyway, I’m flattered to be in your dirtiest thoughts, pet!” he smirked, but before she could strike back he had already fallen deeply asleep.. with that satisfied smirk on his face.
After all.. Buffy was too embarrassed to strike back!

---------------------------------------------------------

Spike awoke, feeling her eyes on him for a while.
That meant just one thing: Buffy had stayed there, and he met her eyes, but only for a second, because the girl turned her head immediately.
“About time, too! Hey, Sleeping Beauty, it’s been already sundown for a while !” she informed him.
“Since only vampires can feel sundown approaching and you are not a vamp, how the hell can you tell ?” he questioned her, puzzled.
“I’ve just pulled down the window half an hour ago, and..” Buffy explained, but she stopped herself at half sentence, realizing that she had talked too much.
“You what? Bloody Hell, Slayer! What if the sun was still shining in the sky?” he snapped.
“Uff! You would have just burnt a bit… anyway, it was dark, so get out and don’t make a fuss!” she exhorted him, doing the same.

Buffy was astonished: she was sure they were going to stay at a dismal cheap motel; instead in front of her there was a very elegant four stars hotel, and it was huge, with view of the sea… and the sea, or better, the ocean, was something incredible.
“It’s a joke, isn’t it? Now that you showed me this Eight Wonder in the World, bring me to the hovel we’re really gonna stay…”
“*This* happens to be our hovel… Just after you, Milady..” he smiled, inviting her to go to the entrance.
Buffy obeyed excitedly, keeping on wondering if she was dreaming.

< Well, there’s Spike with me… number one reason why this can’t be a dream!> she said to herself, getting in the hall, staring stunned at every corner of the room.

She didn’t even notice the arm Spike had wrapped around her waist, going with her towards the Reception, where an old easy-going old man greeted them.
“Welcome to ‘Blue Moon’ Hotel, Sir and Milady, can I help you?” he smiled kindly to them.
“Well, we’d like to stay here for a while … although we didn’t book in advance…” Spike explained.
“You’re lucky, Sir: there are still some rooms free… By the way, would you like a double or two single ones?”
“Double!” Spike answered, but meantime Buffy recovered from the initial shock and she parted from Spike, exclaiming quickly: “Single!”.
The old man watched them puzzled.

TBC
p.s. and from now on… get ready for very absurd stuff!