Thnak you, BuffyAndSpikeForever, I'm glad to see that at least you like it! :)


PART 13

Spike laughed, holding her tight, and that confused Buffy, but she didn’t try to break free this time.

“Please, forgive my wife… we have traveled a lot, so maybe now she’s so tired she doesn’t even know what she says..” Spike explained, drawing out from his pocket what it seemed to be a wallet.
Buffy watched him puzzled, most of all due to how he had called her.

“See, honey? We found a room!” Spike smiled to her, caressing her hair.
She was too confused and let him do it.
“You know, my lady was afraid we wouldn’t find any rooms..” he kept talking, turning to the hotel’s clerk.
“Anyway, here’s my credit card to pay the account, plus my id..” he said, giving them to him, as Buffy kept on wondering how could anything that was happening make any sense at all.
.
“My wife’s documents are in my car, if you need them..” he warned him, ready to go out.
“There’s no need, Sir. I just needed yours!” the old man informed him, giving both the documents and the credit card back to Spike.
“ Alright, Sir and Madame, enjoy your stay, Room 215!” the man smiled, giving them the magnetic card.

( Author’s note: at this point you have surely realized that this is pure fantasy, since there’s no way you can find available rooms in peak season at an elegant Hotel, without booking in advance. And besides, they don’t ask for the documents of their clients, either; plus the rest, coming soon.. so please, suspend your disbelief..)

They were about to go, when Spike turned suddenly towards the clerk.
“Sorry, I almost forgot: my wife and I are kind of.. night-time people.. you know.. I was wondering if it was possible not to be disturbed during the day..”
“Sure, no problem: I’ll tell the maintenance employee to clean your room at night, when you are outside..” the receptionist assured him, as he had already taken a liking to the young couple whom he had labeled as two seasoned discothèque-addicted!

As soon as they got in the room, Buffy gave Spike the third degree, just after taking a look around, amazed.
“How did you dare to call me your wife? Why the hugging? Why that whole scene? Since when do you like expensive hotels and where did you get the money to pay for it? And most of all… WHY THE DOUBLE?” she said, without taking a breath, and then she sat on the comfy bed.

“I’ve got much money, but that’s not a good reason to pay for two rooms, that’s the why for the double. It’s easier to get a double room if we pretend to be a couple. Sure, I could pretend to be your brother, or cousin… but I hadn’t much time, had to think quickly… by then, the damage is done. Anyway, at least you don’t have to show your documents, as I seriously doubt you have brought them..” he explained.
“I may be a vampire, but I haven’t lost my taste for the nice things life has to offer, that’s why I like expensive hotels.. and about the money..”

“Did you steal it from all your victims?” Buffy accused him.
“Contrary to what you think.. I’m a killer, but I’m * not * a thief!” he declared proudly.
“Oooh! And that makes it all better!” she clapped her hands sarcastically.
“So, how?” she asked, curious.

“Just as every bloody human that pushes his luck and tries to get some money: instant lottery, hitting the jackpot.. and I’m kinda lucky!” he admitted.
Buffy burst out laughing.
“I can’t believe it, it’s too absurd! I can figure out the instant lottery… but you.. placing a bet on a lottery number!” and she ended up laughing hysterically again.
“Hey, there’s nothing funny in it!” he protested, feeling visibly insulted in his self-respect.

She calmed down.
“Does it mean (chuckling) Does it mean. * you * dream?”
He limited to nod.
“That’s odd! I was sure that vamps couldn’t dream. Angel never..”

“Here we go again with your bloody Mr. Soul, if you like your precious Angel so much, you’re free to run into his arms to let him break your heart again, ‘cause we’re just few miles away from L.A…”
Buffy watched him confused.

< He’s acting as .. he * cares * about me.. and.. he’s jealous?>

“Stop thinking about him! Look at me, am I thinking about my (pausing) Princess? No, I don’t talk ‘bout my (pausing again) beloved Sire, I don’t even miss my (grieving) beautiful Black Goddess ! See? I guess I totally forgot her!”
“Yeah, sure, ‘cause to carry on naming her, using three different ways to call her, really shows how damn much you forgot Dru!” she struck back, roughly.

< Now… why the hell am * I* acting as the jealous type? I don’t care, he’s free to run to that crazy ho again and let her play with his feelings as he was just one of her damn dolls!>

TBC