Author's Chapter Notes:
I joined some chapters together..
PART 3

Buffy stared intently at him, wondering why he had stopped himself.
But Spike was shrewder than her, managing to change the subject before she dared to ask some compromising questions.
“What ‘bout ya, Buffy?” he exclaimed, dragging out a packet of cigarette from the pocket of his shirt, and a lighter from the others.
He didn’t notice her startling.

< Since when does he know my name… and since when do I care about what he calls me? Alright, here we go with the shivers again, it’s just the * cold * wind, blowing in a * very cold * night * in the middle of July * ! > she thought, unaware that she had stepped closer to Spike to observe how he lightened that cigarette.

“Are ya and your bloooody preciooous- boooring- lacking-in-seeeense- of –humooorrrr- souuulmaaate stiiill together? Or maybe nooow issh he your ssssoulessmate again? It depends on the faaaact if ya decided toooo weeelcooome him not only wiiith ooopen arrmsss… but alsooo * ooopen leeegss *!” he commented with a smirk, dragging and blowing the smoke on her face, on purpose, making her cough.
“ Shut up, you stupid smoke-addicted- drunk pig! You don’t know anything about Angel and me, and it’s none of your business! Hearing you whining about your ridiculous sentimental life, if I can even call it that, doesn’t give you the right to find out something about mine!” she snapped coldly, being overwhelmed by her temper once again.
“Hey, hey, caaalm down, peeeet!” he answered back, with the cigarette dangling in his mouth and the bottle in his hand, holding his arms up as a sign of surrender.
“ Iiiiii don’t care, anywaaaay! Ya know what? Iiiiii ‘d better go nooow …” he said, opening the second bottle and starting to gulp down the liquor as he moved away from the bonnet he was leaning on.

“Yeah, brilliant idea, so… NO! Wait!” she wavered, grabbing him by an arm, remembering that the length of her life was related to the time she managed to keep him far away from his car.
But the vampire, maybe insulted by her previous sharp reaction, carried on approaching to his car, step by step.
“ There’s still sooo damn much two old mortal enemies such as us have to talk about…” Buffy kept talking, placing herself in front of him, preventing him from going on.
“Hey, Scchlayyerrrr, what’s the maaaatterrr with ya? Why all of a sudden..”
He didn’t manage to end his sentence, because of the shock of the vision that made him slip the bottle that crashed on the ground, spilling the few amount of liquor inside it.
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODYY HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! My car, my beloved car!” he yelled, vamping out due to his rage.
“SHHHLAYYERRRR!!!” he roared and she could see the fire in his glowing golden eyes.
“C’mon… don’t jump to conclusions… I didn’t do it intentionally …” she justified, backing up prudently, cursing herself for not taking stakes with her, taking a look around searching for any piece of wood, but she didn’t manage to find any.
“Intentionally orrr not… ya bloooody * did it *, sssooo… ya’re SSSOOO DEAD!” he growled, lunging at her, but she managed to dodge in time, making him fall to the ground with a thump, but before she could run away, he grabbed her by the ankle, dragging her to the ground with him.
He crawled over her, immobilizing her with his weight.
Although she was terrified, she didn’t give him the satisfaction of letting him know, she didn’t even let out the tiniest noise.
“Sssooo, Scchlayyerrrr, it’s beeeen bloooody good…. But all the good thiiiings… musssst end!” the vampire warned her, opening his mouth and showing her his fangs.

TBC

PART 4 (It refers to ‘ Lover’s walk ‘)

Spike bent on her… but he fell asleep senseless, overwhelmed by the alcohol.
“I’d never thought I’d say this someday, but.. God bless scotch!” Buffy exclaimed in a whisper, pushing Spike off of her and turning him with his back on the ground, without any chance of him waking up.

< Well, I guess now I’ll come back and…> she thought getting up, but she stared at the senseless vampire. Although he still wore his game-face, that vision touched her.

< After all, he’s like that just because he is in pain for love… and you’re a member of the same club… on the other hand, he’s always a vampire, a bad vampire who tried to kill you countless times, the last one just about two minutes ago… he deserves that, I should kill him…>

Another gaze, more guilty and compassion.

< I’ll do things that way: I won’t kill him, God only knows why, I’ll go and leave him alone. Maybe he’ll recover and escape before sunrise…>

Another glimpse at the bleached blond, a more detailed one, with consequent pangs to her stomach.

< Oh, damn it! Hello heart? Where are you? Not even my worst enemy deserves that!> she said resolutely to herself, lifting him up by an arm and putting it on her shoulders to place him inside his car.

After that, she took the towline in the jeep’s trunk, and she attached it to the less lucky car.
She stopped nearby Revello Drive, unhooked the towline and parked her mother’s car.
She got inside the house, giving her mom the dress as quickly as she could, found an excuse to leave again and she went away, not before taking something fundamental from her room.

Relieved that Joyce hadn’t checked out the jeep, Buffy sprayed the metallic paint on the car, noticing joyfully that the scratches were completely hidden.

< Eh, eh: the perfect crime! > she thought satisfied.

She came back where she had parked the Desoto and its owner inside who hadn’t recovered yet.

< And now? Still wonder what the hell made me help him! I should take him to the warehouse before sunrise..>

Then, she noticed the car key that popped out of Spike’s shirt pocket.

< … or better, I should * drive * him there! After all, when will I ever get a chance like this again? >

An evil smile crossed her face, as she snatched the keys from the pocket with extreme caution.

“Desoto, now you’re mine!” she exclaimed, inserting the keys in the proper fissure, turning them on and setting the precious vehicle in motion.

She remembered perfectly where the old warehouse was. After all, the last time she went there was when Spike had come back, creating trouble as always.

< And it’s also the time he opened my eyes about Angel. Angel.. how could I fool myself so bad? Spike was right: he and I will never be friends… but I wonder why he said we would fight… Angel and I have never fought, maybe he meant Angelus…>

She stopped thinking about that as she arrived.
She was a little upset due to the fact the travel had been too short.
She was growing fond of that car, she would drive it endlessly.
She heard some noises coming from the inside of the building, and she realized someone was there.

Buffy got off the car and she headed towards the warehouse: there were just three vampires, and it took only a glance from her to realize they were fledglings.
“I’m terribly sorry to disturb you, but the master of this mansion is back, so you three gotta leave, now!” she informed them, getting calmly into the building.
The vampires were quiet, also, too much so: maybe they were ignorant to what a Slayer was and they thought they were dealing with an easy snack. In fact, one of them approached her, laughing.
“I don’t have the slightest idea of what you’re talking about, little girl, but we’re not going anywhere…”
“.. and neither do you!” his fellows ended up that sentence, reaching him.
“Ok, I understand perfectly.. “ she exclaimed, raising her hands as she was surrendering, but she put them inside the pocket of her sweatshirt.
“.. now, explain that to my stakes!” she said, dusting them in a heartbeat, without giving them any chances.

After the unpleasant episode with Spike earlier, she had had the wise idea of bringing some stakes with her, before going to the warehouse.

TBC