Author's Chapter Notes:
I just wanted to say a HUGE thankyou to everyone who reviewed the last chapter.

my updates are gunna change from the saturdats as i have got to work most saturdays and wont be at home to update anymore. so ill try and post more soon. i had to post this now as revision for my exams (which determine if i go to uni) is killing me..

so i couldnt wait to add this once i had fone the finishing touches. also again thanx to everybody who has reviewed it means a lot to me. if you want to recieve notiifications of the updates please join my mailing list.

So sorry for the ramble, Story Spoiler ** this dosent pick up where we left but Buffy will be back**
Chapter 2 – Surprise’s for Spike.
The Previous Night, Studio in LA.


Spike had just finished his interview with Cordy. He honest to God loved her but did she have to dredge that part of his past up, it was inevitable that someone would bring Buffy up, she was a huge part of that book, but to mention her when they had already decided on the questions with his manager. A timid looking girl was stood behind spike at that moment and said with more volume than one could have thought,
“Spike, we need to talk”.
Spike knew in that instant something was wrong, he only ever heard that voice from Tara when something was end of the world bad. Pulling spike aside into a small office type room she began
“Spike, you’re not going to like this but let me finish before you say anything, the band has been booked”
He looked at her with confusion, since when was that a bad thing
“… at The Bronze”
She nervously spat out. His face turned at this and he started to rant
“WHAT, HOW WHAT….”
“It’s the book spike; people want a performance at your local club to alongside a book reading so they booked the band for Saturday night””.
“WHAT! NO WAY IN HELL AM I GOING THERE”
“Yes spike you are, you are going to sing with band and read some of your book in the local store owned by your Godfather who couldn’t be more pleased that you are going home for a few days.”
She said with a lot more aggression than she had ever had before.

He left her alone in the room as he slammed the door on her; he had to phone Giles Immediately. Walking to a local payphone he let his nerves calm down before stepping in the box for privacy and pulling out his cell phone.
“Hello”
“Jenny it’s Spike is Giles there, I need to talk to him now”
“Hi Will, I will just get him for you then.”
“I think he knows” he could here her say to Giles.

Even from his end of the phone he could here Giles cleaning his glasses as usual.
“Giles WHY did you get the band to Sunnydale, WHY TELL ME” he started to shout down the phone.
“Look son, its time you came back home for a while, we all miss you son its been six years since you stayed more than a couple of hours and it would be good to have a break from it all, get back to your roots and your family”
Giles hung up the phone, turning to speak to Giles, Jenny sighed
“Wonder what he will be like when he hears about his son.” They were never told by Buffy but they did figure it out when Joyce told them she was going to be a grandmother

“you will never believe what I tell you now! Buffy’s pregnant!” she had found out a few days earlier and the joy had recently sunk in over having a little one in the house again and being a grandmother. She had practically run to tell Jenny the news; she bet she would also be pleased.

Spike was not looking forward to going back to Sunnyhell, but he did miss Giles and Jenny. He took a slow walk back to his hotel in LA, once in his room he rang Tara and simply said ok before hanging up again and disconnecting the phone. He searched the mini bar and found the bottle of Jack Daniels he was saving.
“well no time like the present” The thoughts had occurred that sunnydale meant running in to Buffy again, although she had moved so she might have left sunnydale behind also. He had no idea what she did with her life or anyone else really; he had only kept in touch with Jenny and Giles on his travels and never asked about anyone else.

He drank the bottle dry and fell asleep sleeping away the night and half of Wednesday. They were setting out to Sunnyhell today although they were performing until Saturday, Giles had requested that they have some free days beforehand. They were leaving for the three hour trip at 4pm and it was just 12:16 according to the hotel clock. “better get packing then” he sighed as his hangover reminded him it was there again,

4pm was edging even closer as he lay back down to get some rest before leaving after he had packed everything away. It was 3 when he woke up again, deciding he couldn’t leave it to late to get to the tour bus he connected the phone and rang Oz telling him he was ready when ever he was. They agreed to meet in the hotel lobby in a few and said goodbye. Before long they were on the road with the rest of the band and closing in sunnydale.

7pm – Giles’s House, Sunnydale.

“He will be here soon Rupert” Jenny repeated again for the fifth time in as many minutes.
“I just wish he would come home more often.” He replied. “you know get to know his friends again and his son,”
“Rupert don’t you dare say a word about him to Will, Buffy hasn’t even told us. It’s up to her decided when we all know” Jenny hastily replied.

Spike walked through the door at 7:30 looking like he had just come to hell not home. He had his suitcase’s by the door and went to hug Jenny, “welcome home Will” jenny said to him as they embraced. She was the only the person he couldn’t be angry at for calling him Will. She was practically his mother anyway. He also received a hug from Giles and was made to eat as he “looked like he hadn’t eaten in months’ Jenny laughed with him. They eventually all said goodnight and spike went to bed sleeping away the day again

TBC.

A.N. This on was a bit shorter i know but hey thats how my mind works. Thankyou so much for the reviews of the last chapter i had the biggest smile ever on all day and a few more. i am going to try and keep updating this story throughout my exams but unfortunatly they do take prioity as i need to pass them all this year. as always join my mailing list on my website for updates onthis and any future story.