**

Chapter 12

She let out a gasp and ran to the fallen vampire. She sunk to her knees next to him and examined the wound.

The bolt looked like it was in his heart and Buffy realised that it must have just missed it by mere millimetres. She looked at Spikes face, he was even paler than usual if that was possible and Buffy reasoned that he must have lost a lot of blood from his various wounds.

Scrabbling down to his legs, she pulled the bolt out that had pierced his calf. He didn’t flinch, in fact he didn’t move at all. Oh this is bad, thought Buffy.

She scurried back up to his chest and looked at the bolt.

Xander returned down the stairs and the rest of the gang circled her. She didn’t notice.

Looking at the bolt, she debated pulling it out. But she knew that it must be so close to his heart that she was scared that it would be the thing to dust him.

Tears streamed down her face. She felt so helpless.

“Don’t you dare die on me. You hear me?” Buffy demanded of the unmoving vampire.

A sob burst from her mouth as she cradled his head. She stroked his face.

“Don’t you dare fucking die on me. I love you. Oh god Spike. Please.” Buffy couldn’t suppress the sobs now.

A thought entered her head. And she looked up quickly, towards Willow.

“Shield his heart! I can pull out the bolt if you shield his heart.” Buffy demanded.

Willow gaped at her best friend.

“Buffy, I can’t. It might push the bolt and kill him anyway. It’s to close to his heart.” Willow answered sombrely.

Fresh tears flowed down Buffy’s face as she looked back to Spike.

“Don’t leave me, not like this. Spike, baby, please wake up. Wake up and tell me what to do. Please, I love you, you hear that? I said it, I love you.” She kissed his forehead gently

Another thought entered her mind. She placed his head back gently on the floor. She swiped angrily at the tears on her face.

“Get me a knife.” She demanded, not to anyone in particular.

“Buffy, I don’t….” Xander started but Buffy cut him off.

“I don’t care what you think! Just get me a fucking knife!” she shouted.

It was Anya who ran to pick up Buffy’s fallen sword from earlier, she returned to Buffy’s side and knelt beside her.

“What are you going to do?” she questioned softly.

“Hearts blood.” Buffy answered with one word and Anya nodded.

Willow came to kneel beside them and spoke.

“What’s that?”

“I’m going to pull out the bolt and bleed directly into the wound, onto his heart; blood should help and I have slayers blood which is stronger. Hopefully it will be enough to save him.” Buffy explained while she pulled off her shirt.

“Buffy are you sure about this?” Willow questioned.

“What else can I do? I can’t leave him like this. If he dusts then he dusts, but at least I would have tried.” Tears began flowing again, she couldn’t think about the possibility of it not working.

Xander finally came and knelt at their sides as well.

“Is there anything I can do?” he asked.

Buffy spared him a grateful smile but shook her head.

Straddling Spike she ripped open his shirt around the bolt carefully. With his chest exposed she turned to Anya. Anya held the sword out so the tip was near Buffy.

Buffy took a deep breath and reached her palm out, she sliced the skin of her palm along the blade and cupped her hand so that the blood could pool there.

“Come on Spike. Please let this work.” Buffy whispered.

Steeling herself she yanked the bolt out of his chest with one hand and slapped her bleeding hand down over the wound immediately.

After a few seconds she let out a ragged sob.

“Well he’s not dust, so it must have worked.” Buffy was reassuring herself as well as the others.

“Err…Buffy? He’s still not moving.” Xander pointed out reluctantly.

“I think he just needs blood.” Buffy answered. She pulled her palm away from his chest when she felt the cut begin to heal and looked at his chest.
The wound already looked a little better which reassured Buffy that her assumption about blood was right.

Still straddling him she leant forward to kiss him gently on the mouth.

“Come on Spike, your still alive so get your ass into gear and wake up. You need to wake up to feed.” Buffy rested her forehead against his. She sat up and beckoned for Anya to hold the sword out again.

This time she sliced the pad of one of her fingers on it. She held the bleeding finger to Spikes mouth and dripped blood onto his lips. Not getting a reaction to this she slid her finger between his lips and into his mouth.

Feeling Spike make a light sucking gesture she rubbed his face with her other hand.

“That’s it, come on baby. Come on Spike, suck. I thought you wanted another lap dance? You need to eat first.” Buffy soothed.

The pressure of Spikes sucking increased and Spikes face shifted into game face but Buffy had to remove her finger as the cut had started to heal.

“Ok, we need to get it flowing a bit more.” She shimmied down his waist a little and lay on his chest. She rested her head to one side of his and exposed her neck.

“Anya, I am really trusting you now. Just a small cut to get things going.” Buffy spoke to the ex vengeance demon, reasoning she’d get less argument from her. At Willow and Xander’s expressions, she thought she guessed right.

Anya nodded and steadily lowered the sword to Buffy’s neck. She rested the tip onto Buffy’s skin and quickly nipped at the skin when she dragged the sword upwards.

Buffy felt the blood begin to trickle and leaned her neck closer to Spikes mouth. She was just about to shout in frustration when she felt the tip of Spikes tongue flick over her neck.

“That’s it. Drink, because this is probably your last chance it will be offered.” She joked, trying to cover her nerves.

She felt Spike raise his head to her neck and was amazed with herself when she felt a pang of desire shoot through her as he swiped his tongue along her neck.

Unconsciously she arched her hips and rubbed herself against him. She felt the growl rumble through his chest, and felt the evidence of his arousal begin to harden beneath her.

Spikes arms brushed her hips and tightened around her waist and he sunk his fangs into her neck. Buffy gasped at the sensation and ground herself against him. Spike continued to draw blood from her neck. At one point Buffy thought she could hear voices, snippets of then drifted through her head.

“….get her off him…”

“Xander, does she look like she’s in pain?”

“….he’s going to kill her…”

Oblivious to everything, the two of the continued to writhe against each other only stopping briefly when Spike withdrew his fangs and flipped them so that Buffy was on her back and he was cradled between her legs. He ground himself against her and licked at her neck.

Buffy reached a hand between their bodies and tugged at Spike’s jeans. She fumbled with them before giving up and just bringing both hands down and ripping them open. Spike tore himself away from her neck and panted. He pulled Buffy’s top off over her head, the dived down to her breast and swiped at a nipple before covering it with his mouth.

Buffy gasped as lust tingled through her entire body, she was going insane with desire. She pushed Spike up to his knees and tugged at his jeans again.

“I need you inside me.” She panted. Spike attacked Buffy’s leather pants as the message floated through his lust addled brain.

Soon they were both naked and returned to their position on the floor. Spike positioned himself at her entrance before sliding home in one thrust.

“Yes!” Buffy gasped. Everything felt like it clicked into place and Buffy started to rock against him.

Spike growled and pulled out before slamming his cock back into her soaking channel. Buffy moaned every time he thrust inside her. She could feel him bumping her cervix each time and it was driving her insane. With each thrust Buffy ground her clit on the base of his cock.

Sensing she was close Spike knelt up and lifted her hips off the floor and slammed into her with each thrust. Buffy screamed with the new sensation of deeper penetration and then she was screaming as she shattered. She clawed at Spikes arms.

“I love you, I love you.” She babbled.

Spike grabbed her hips tighter, thrust into her once more and roared as he came. He panted and lowered her hips to the floor.

“What did you say?” Spike demanded harshly.

“I said I love you.” Buffy met his glare and let all of her emotions fill her eyes.

Spike pulled her up to him and smashed his lips against hers. They embraced tightly and let all of the unspoken passion fuel their kiss.

Spike tore away from the kiss.

“You mean it?” he asked uncertainly.

“Of course I mean it, didn’t you hear me the first time I said it? Oh no, you were unconscious.” Buffy giggled.

Spike just hugged her fiercely again. He nuzzled her neck and whispered.

“I love you too.”

He chuckled before pulling back.

“So when do I get this lap dance?” he asked.