We pulled up in front of the hotel and piled out of the car. I hugged Wesley and Fred both and thanked them. They promised to call later to check on Spike and then they left us standing in front of the massive building. We took the elevator to the eighth floor and went to my room. First time I had ever stayed in a hotel with a man before. Scary.

We were silent as I unloaded Spike’s blood into my mini-fridge next to the tiny bottles of alcohol that were looking better and better by the second. I fought back my inner drunk and motioned for Spike to follow me and I led him through the living room and back into the bedroom.

Spike sat down on the edge of the king sized bed and stared at his hands that still wouldn’t move. I could tell he was thinking something, but I didn’t want to ask. I kneeled down in front of him and began unlacing his boots. “The doctor said you should be able to start moving your hands a little in an hour or two. If it hurts a lot, I can give you some painkillers, but you’ll have to tell me.” I slipped one boot off and started on the next one. I studiously kept my head down so I wouldn’t have to look at him. Chicken, who me? When they were both off, I took them and set them by the closet doors, where I sat down on the floor to remove my own boots. They were blood spattered and scuffed. Might need to get new ones, I thought. Nah, what’s a little bloodstain anyway? Gave them character. Slaying was hell on the wardrobe.

I turned back to the bed. Spike still hadn’t moved. I walked to him and began helping him out of his duster. I took it and hung it in the closet with my clothes. Before I turned around, I heard him speak.

“I heard what you said,” he intoned softly.
I started turning down the bed as I
whispered, “What I said when?”

“When you were in the hall with Percy and Science Girl. That you think it might be a mistake coming here. That you won’t fit in my life now.”

Damn vampire hearing. I had forgotten. I said nothing as I finished the bed and waited for him to tell me I didn’t fit anymore. I started rummaging around in my suitcase to find something to sleep in. I grabbed a silky blue cami with black lace trim. It was one of my new favorite pieces. Maybe a little suggestive for sleeping next to Spike, but hell, I was injured, and damn it, I was gonna be comfy. Spike’s sensibilities be damned. I found the matching boy cut undies that went with it when I felt him standing right behind me. I whipped around and looked up at him.

“I’m glad you’re here, pet. I’ll always make a place for you in my life if you’ll have me.” He leaned down and softly brushed his lips across mine. He stepped back and smiled at me. It was a real smile, a rare thing for Spike.

I slung my newly picked out clothes over my arm and steered him back to the bed. “You just had major surgery! You need to rest.” I helped him slip under the covers. As I leaned to pull the blankets up around him, I got a sharp pain in my gut. It felt like I had reopened part of my healing cut.

Spike noticed me wince. “You said you were hurt. What happened?” he asked, motioning with his head to the bandage that was clearly visible under my cropped shirt. “Let me see.”

I didn’t hesitate, which in and of itself is strange for me. I dropped my pajamas on the floor. I swept my bloody shirt over my head and stood before him in my black satin bra. I pulled at the edge of the taped wound until it peeled away. I threw the gauze in the trashcan by the bed. Then I turned back to the vampire eyeing me.

I was right. The wound was bleeding again, not heavy, but steady. I could see the want in Spike’s eyes as my blood trickled down my stomach. In a quick decision and a blatant show of trust, I climbed onto the bed and straddled Spike. I got up on my knees and leaned forwards as he slid down in the bed until my wound was right in front of his mouth.

“Buffy,” he looked up at me with eyes full of need, “are you sure?”

I smiled down at him and drug one of my fingers through the river of blood slowly streaming down my abs. I held my finger to his lips. Using my most seductive voice, I said, “What? You’ve never wanted to taste me?”

With a growl, he sucked my finger into his mouth. His tongue swirled around the tip sending shivers down my spine. I pulled my finger out of his mouth as he put his face to my weeping lesion. His tongue licked along the bottom of the wound as he slowly moved upward with sure strokes. He licked around it and then moved to lick the lips of the wound. His tongue on my body sent little jolts of electricity straight to my core. When it was completely devoid of blood, I got to my feet. Grabbing my clean clothes from the ground, I winked at Spike. “I’ll be right back.” I turned and headed for the bathroom, visions of Spike’s tented blankets dancing through my head. It gave me a surge of womanly pride.

I peeled the blood soaked leather pants from my legs. I was covered in flaking blood. I grabbed a washcloth from the towel rack and ran it under warm water. I washed the blood from my legs and what I could reach of my back, opting for a shower in the morning. I was too tired to bother with it tonight. I rinsed the washcloth until the water finally ran clean.

My ruined clothes I stuffed in the small trashcan. The maids in this hotel were just going to love me. Bloody ruined leather pants in the bathroom, bloody washcloths, bloody bandages, and blood in the refrigerator. I would have to tip well for their silence. I cast a fleeting thought at what the Council would end up paying for this room. I shrugged it off and got dressed. The silky texture of the camisole felt heavenly on my skin. I donned the underwear and pulled my hair up into a quick ponytail. I cast an appraising glance in the mirror, and liking the effect, left the bathroom to face the vampire in my bed.