Author's Chapter Notes:
I have to take a moment here to thank cordykitten. you always leave a review and i wanted you to know i appreciate that. thanks!!
“Harmony?!”

“Buffy?! What are you doing here? You haven’t come to stake me, have you?” Harmony was cowering behind her desk.

Good God. Angel really must be a glutton for punishment. I grabbed the stake from my waistband and twirled it between my fingers. Now, I have to be honest. It was tempting to stake her just because I hated her so much, but I was an adult after all, so I dismissed the thought…but I did think it.

“Will you call Fred and tell her I’m here?” I asked through gritted teeth.

She nodded slowly and picked up the phone.

“Buffy!”

I whirled around to face my excited ex-watcher striding confidently toward me. “Hey, Wes. Good, I needed to talk to you anyway.”

“How was Spike this morning? Was he able to move his hands when you left? And how is your injury?” His concern was plain on his face.
“I’m doing fine.” I lifted the bottom of my shirt and showed him my rapidly healing slash. “Almost good as new! As for Spike, he was doing great when I left. I think he was the most excited when he regained enough motor skills to light his own smoke. I was getting tired of doing two at a time anyway. He was going to get cleaned up and then meet me here.”

“Will he be going back to England with you then?” he asked.

“You can’t take my Blondie Bear back to England! I mean, I know he has this disgusting Slayer fixation, but he’ll get over that to be with me!” Harmony screeched. She stood at her desk with her hands on her hips. “I’ll have you know he told me I was wearing a pretty skirt a few days ago. That’s way nicer than he was when we were together. We were meant to be! I’m sure we’ll be sleeping together before the end of the week…”

I turned and flung the stake with no second thoughts, no regrets. I watched as if in slow motion it passed through her heart and imbedded itself in the wall behind where she had stood. As her dust floated down over the desk, I felt a wide smile of satisfaction spread over my face. I retrieved the stake and turned back to Wesley. “I’ve wanted to do that for years. I’m so glad I finally got the chance.”

He started to laugh and then I joined him, and we clutched each other as we laughed hysterically, tears rolling down each of our cheeks until Angel interrupted our gigglefest.

“Buffy, did you kill Harmony?”

“Yeah…yeah, I really did,” I said between chuckles.

Angel glared at me. “Now I have to train someone new!” he whined.

Fred came walking into the lobby then. I grabbed her arm and Wesley’s and they walked me to Fred’s lab. Once there, I motioned them up into the office. Once the door was shut, I turned to Wesley. “I have an offer to extend to you. Fred can be here for that, right?”

He nodded and looked perplexed. “. What kind of offer?”

I crossed my arms across my chest and kicked out my hip. “As the second highest member of the Watchers Council, I’m here to offer you back your full status as Watcher, plus your salary, retroactive from the month you were let go. In exchange, I want copies of the diaries I’m sure you have kept since you have been in L.A. That’s all I want, except, of course, a promise that you will come an visit us in London from time to time after I go back, whenever that may be.”

“Why the diaries?”

“Because I am curious about what’s been going on here. My spidey sense is tingling and I gotta to know why. I know that when you were my watcher, I gave you all sorts of hell. I know that you have no reason to believe that I would value your opinion in any way, but the truth is…you weren’t a bad watcher. You just had the misfortune of being my watcher after Giles, and let’s face it, I have an issue with authority. I hated the Council and you were the embodiment. And I was seventeen. I didn’t want to separate you from the Council. It was easier to hate you. But I’m not that girl anymore. I realize what an asset you can be.”

He smiled shyly at me and shuffled his feet along the floor.

“I can feel something happening here. I’m not sure what it is, but I’ve felt it since the plane touched down.” I cocked my head to the side and closed my eyes. “Like a low vibration. I can feel it dancing along my skin. Something dark and evil. I want to know what’s been going down here. Your journals are a great way to do that. I’d get the emotions and thoughts as they happened, not as you try to call them back now if I was to ask you. You don’t have to answer me right away. Of course, you have all the time in the world to think about it. I’m not getting any older,” I grinned.

Fred and Wesley both stifled a giggle at that. And then as if on cue, my phone rang and I excused myself into the lab, leaving them to talk.

“Yeah?”

“Hey, where are you?”

Oz. Should have known. “Wolfram and Hart. What’s the what?”

“Got some time to kill before a nice family dinner. Wanted to hang. Want me to come there?”

I smiled. Four years ago, what he had just said would be almost like a speech. “Well, this is where I’ll be, so yeah. I’m hanging with some new friends. A girl named Fred and then Wesley. Remember him? My old watcher?”

“I remember.”

“Well, when you get here, there is a woman at the desk in lobby. Tell here you need Winifred Burkle’s office. She’ll direct you to the elevator and…well, she can tell you! I’ll see you when you get here.”

“I’m pretty close. See you in a minute.”

I hung up and went back into Fred’s office. They were sitting on the edge of the desk talking quietly. I tried to quickly back out of the room to give them some privacy, but I ran into something solid. I whipped around and found myself staring into a pair of red orange eyes.

“Hey there, Buffylicious! Careful, you might give a demon a heart attack!” He was so melodramatic, it was cute. “I was actually looking for you. Angelcakes said you were here. He also mentioned you killed Harmful. Is that true?” The hope in his voice and eyes couldn’t be denied. I also dug the cute names he gave all of us.

“Yep, I killed her,” I said lightly. “She said something stupid that I don’t even remember know, but I was going to get all growly and possessive, and I thought, ‘Self, you should stake her. You‘ve always wanted to, and who’s going to have any qualms about it now.’ So I did. Felt good.”

Lorne smiled indulgently down at me. “Are you going to stake every demon that pisses you off?”

“Of course not! I just hated her! Always have. Even when she was human.”

“Then I’m sure I have nothing to worry about, right?” He winked at me. “Anyway, I came to see if you would sing for me.”

I looked at him hard. “Duh…what now?”